You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Help on Modpack needed. . . . . .
posted 11-11-99 10:17 PM ET (US)   
Hi,you all mod makers,
Please pay attention to this post.

I am making my own modpack that is supposed to replace certain AoE buildings with those from the beta. It will contain:

1. Babylonian Iron Age temple as Ziggurat image.
2. Greek Bronze Age temple as a Parthenon-like image.
3. Babylonian Iron Age house as its old beta look.
4. Babylonian Iron Age town center as its old beta look.
5. Egyptian Bronze Age market as an old beta market.
6. More Coming...

All these looks are from the AoE beta pics and are exactly the same size as the buildings in the final cut of AoE. I've already replaced the Babylonian and Greek temples and the Babylonian Iron Age house. They look nice. But on the other building images, man did I have trouble with the color palette! I used Windows' Paint Program. And the images were of a 256 color setting, but I still got an invalid image when I loaded the new SLPs. In which ways can you get an invalid picture in SLP studio besides the wrong palette? I knew that the SLP was supposed to be of 256 colors, but I still messed up. I could use some help here.

When finished, my mod will be supposed to be installed by ULT_Wild's installer.

---Agamemmnon

Replies:
posted 11-13-99 05:50 PM ET (US)     1 / 3  
AoEH forums do have a "Scenario Design" forum, perhaps somebody there can help you.

Sarmis_Vixen

posted 11-13-99 07:57 PM ET (US)     2 / 3  

I already know there is a scenario design forum around. But do you know what a modpack is, Vixen? The scenario designing forum is getting less posts now, so I won't be able to interact much there anymore.

[This message has been edited by Agamemmnon (edited 11-13-99).]

posted 11-15-99 06:45 AM ET (US)     3 / 3  
I know what a modpack is tho I have no desire to make one nor would I know HOW to do it. I was just trying to be helpful since a lot of people post on ONE forum like VVV only w/o being aware there are some more like the Scenario Design forum.

Sarmis_Vixen

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » Help on Modpack needed. . . . . .
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames