Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The wedsaz challenge
posted 04-28-01 04:50 AM ET (US)   
This ongoing debate over the feasilibity of wedsaz' Minoan Fastboom strategy has gone on long enough.

Every member in this forum, past and present, who has played even a few games on the zone, has evaluated wedsaz' strat and found it to be useless in human games.
Such is the opinion of the players here at AOEH.

wedsaz, however, continues to insist that his strat is infallible and capable of defeating all classes of RoR players on the zone. His insistence has often been accompanied by an arrogant tone and many ludicrous exaggerations.

wedsaz:

you have all of the excuses in the world for why you cannot come forward and demonstrate your self-proclaimed RoR skills. No more "I can't get a computer to show you so you just have to believe me" crap. Here is the challenge:

I SAY THAT IF YOU INSIST THAT THE MINOAN FASTBOOM STRAT IS SO POWERFUL BUT REFUSE TO DEFEND IT ON THE ZONE THEN YOU ARE
A ***COWARD***.

Once and for all, come to the zone and show us what you and your strat are made of.

I am asking forumers to add a post in this thread as a form of petition calling for wedsaz to do the right thing and engage his strat in a real RoR game on the zone. To sign this petition, copy the text below and add it as a post in this thread.

"wedsaz, I challenge you to demonstrate your Minoan Fastboom strategy on the zone. If you continue to boast about your strat without defending it on the zone then I say that you are a COWARD."

Replies:
posted 04-28-01 04:50 AM ET (US)     1 / 14  
wedsaz, I challenge you to demonstrate your Minoan Fastboom strategy on the zone. If you continue to boast about your strat without defending it on the zone then I say that you are a COWARD.
posted 04-28-01 04:50 AM ET (US)     2 / 14  
"wedsaz, I challenge you to demonstrate your Minoan Fastboom strategy on the zone. If you continue to boast about your strat without defending it on the zone then I say that you are a COWARD."

Can you survive the Blitzkrieg?
posted 04-28-01 10:47 AM ET (US)     3 / 14  

DARE TO TAKE ON THE MIGHT OF SBE!

CENTURIONZSBE aka SBESQUIRE, THISISYESTERDAY, EBS and SBE
Gluttony is my second favourite sin!
Proud Webmaster of the USELESS GENERATION
posted 04-28-01 11:46 AM ET (US)     4 / 14  
Ditto!
posted 04-28-01 01:39 PM ET (US)     5 / 14  
wedsaz, I challenge you to demonstrate your Minoan Fastboom strategy on the zone. If you continue to boast about your strat without defending it on the zone then I say that you are a COWARD.

Zone Name: _korean420 and Kronic_Korean
posted 04-28-01 02:34 PM ET (US)     6 / 14  
1. Yes, and I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up.
2. "That's a good strat wedsaz. I tried the minoan fastboom and got a 12:45 and was pumping compies and villies like mad in bronze." - RageOMatic
3. No strat is infallible. I do insist that this strat is very well adapted to a certain circumstance (fighting vs assy CA rush), and should defeat experts if performed expertly *IN THE APPROPRIATE SITUATION*.
4. "arrogant tone and many ludicrous exaggerations" - ditto. Trying to remain polite and objective in the face of repetitive arrogance, exaggerations and unfounded speculations became exceedingly difficult for me.
5. "you have all of the excuses in the world for why you cannot come forward" - Yes I know, and your petition can't change either my addiction to this game or my situation.
6. Being off the zone for 2-3 years was not my choice and I've already stated I'll get online as soon as I can. Come on, would I still be posting here for 2-3 years without being able to play if this game wasn't firmly anchored in my very soul?
7. Now for the good news. So far nobody found any reason to stop me from having some free time this weekend, so I'll see what I can do.
posted 04-28-01 03:59 PM ET (US)     7 / 14  
Now now, people. I won't cut and paste the challenge here, for these reasons:

- As a rookie, I'm afraid that a rusty wedsaz playing the Minoan fastboom may very well whup my ass, even if he only has 10 compies by 20 minutes;
- I pity the poor guy for not being able to play. I can get on the Zone maybe 3-4 hours a week and I feel I should be getting 10 times more (wouldn't that be the perfect job... professional AoE player).
- wedsaz' "boasting" has actually diminished lately. He now admits that the Fastboom may be an outdated strat, and that it would need significant adjustments to be viable on the Zone today. I don't hear him "insist that his strat is infallible and capable of defeating all classes of RoR players on the zone" these days.

For these reasons, I'm willing to cut wedsaz some slack and stop short of calling him a coward if he doesn't come on the Zone. But I'd sure like to see him demonstrate two distinct things:

1. The kind of Bronze time one can achieve with the fastboom, and how many compies do we get after X minutes. This could be done by just watching wedsaz' opening quarter-hour.

2. IF the first demonstration shows that the fastboom works (circa 12:30 Bronze with resources to "pump villies and compies like mad"), then I'd like to see what is the viability of the strat against today's Zone players.

So:
wedsaz, I challenge you to demonstrate your Minoan Fastboom strategy on the zone. If you continue to boast about your strat without defending it on the zone then I say that you are a ... guy who should quit his job and find the bloody time to get on the Zone.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 04-28-2001 @ 04:00 PM).]

posted 04-28-01 07:10 PM ET (US)     8 / 14  
Benoit:
1. Hehe, don't underestimate yourself. Being away from the zone (and any kind of game really) for 2-3 years can make someone *very* rusty...
2. Thanx, I guess. I kept myself from going completely insane by religiously reading every post in this forum. Wait, that would be insane wouldn't it? MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
3. Yes, I wouldn't expect it to be useful in RoR. It was and always has been an AoE strat designed to counter the assy CA rush with the single most effective counter to CAs: massed minoan compies before 15 mins or so.

4. After several hours of ransacking the place and ripping old boxes to shreds, I finally found my CD!!! And installed it on a windows computer. Now I just have to figure out how to get it connected to the zone.

5. I tried the fastboom in single-player RM, and I can't seem to get the times right. Maybe boats get shorefish slower than seafish or something, I'm getting the boats trained and buildings built on schedule but the food just doesn't come in like it used to. I'll report back when I figure it out, the results will no doubt be interesting for other strats.
6. It used to give me about 20-30 compies by 14:30, which was plenty fast enough to properly greet assy CAs. Hmm, I could try it on AoE trial's Multiplayer Rumble map (spot 6 to be exact), that way the settings would be identical to when I developed it...
7. Depends which zone players. AoE probably, RoR I'd look for something more optimal. Last I checked persian was good in RoR, but that was a long time ago.
8. I did switch jobs this month. That's why I have free time this weekend!

So I probably won't be demonstrating the fastboom tonight, but I'll try to get online (to just play and have fun) as soon as I can get my dad to stop getting killed in tool by the computer's HHAs so I can change the network settings. LoL.
posted 04-28-01 10:07 PM ET (US)     9 / 14  
Holy s**t!!!!!!!, you still arn't playing? You have got to be done with that programing thing by now. . I don't see how you can consider your start a good one if you haven't been on for 2-3 years. christ, the game is only 4 yrs old. You realy think play hasn't changed in 3 yrs? I don't fell its my place to challenge you or call you a coward, but come on man, i think its time to put up or shut up.
posted 04-28-01 10:18 PM ET (US)     10 / 14  
Hey, play me I've only played for about a few months now, I'd be easy to beat.

posted 04-29-01 03:22 AM ET (US)     11 / 14  
Calm down, people............
posted 04-29-01 04:18 AM ET (US)     12 / 14  
Believe it or not, wedsaz played on the Zone tonight. I didn't see him much in action, so I'll let Blitz and others report on things...

Off-topic: I had a fun time in Quirinal, there were as many as seven of us at one time... Wedsaz, Blitz (when his connection held), Dave, Korean, Death, Leper and myself. I was a non-factor in most of the games but I learned a lot. The most fun for me was the 4v3 that turned into a 4v1 when Blitz and Death's connections crashed just as they (with Dave) were about to kick our butts. Then we ganged up on poor Dave like a pack of hooligans. Sorry Dave, that was mean of us...

posted 04-29-01 10:42 AM ET (US)     13 / 14  
LOL. That's ok Benoit. I actually had fun in that game - interesting challenge. Unfortunately though, I have yet to get the hang of fighting a 4v1 war.
posted 05-01-01 09:47 PM ET (US)     14 / 14  
Heh, this is pretty funny, you can go back to posts from six months back and seeing everyone defend wedsaz and his strats. Six months later...
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » The wedsaz challenge
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames