Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Flares
posted 06-11-02 05:30 AM ET (US)   
Hello All! I'm new to the board, but Iv'e been on other AOE forums. I have been playingAOE for around one year, and I have a few questions.
1. What are the flares in scenario creator?
2. What is post iron age?
3. What are invisible daemons?
4. What are trade workshops, how can you build them?
5. How can you build roads?
Thanks Guys! Dr.Lorenzo
Replies:
posted 06-11-02 07:31 AM ET (US)     1 / 10  
1. I leave that to the xperts
2. Iron Age + all techs researched - you'll find that in the documentation btw.
3. scen editor units - you can't see them and most ppl find them annoying.
4. buildings used in the beta version, later discarded. You can't build them but you can download a template with those buildings on them. Same for horses btw.
5. You can select stone parts in the scenario editor - select Gaia as civ and you get one whacking lot of extra stuff to throw in.

Don't mention it
We'll appreciate it if you hang on a bit - it's kind of quite here
Tnx.

posted 06-11-02 09:04 AM ET (US)     2 / 10  
Aren't you the expert peter? What are flares, i still don't know, i've been losing sleep over them for years now, ever since i started editing scenarios!

CENTURIONZSBE aka SBESQUIRE, THISISYESTERDAY, EBS and SBE
Gluttony is my second favourite sin!
Proud Webmaster of the USELESS GENERATION
posted 06-11-02 12:10 PM ET (US)     3 / 10  
I'm no expert, but aren't they the 'warnings' that are created when one of your units are attacked?
posted 06-11-02 01:08 PM ET (US)     4 / 10  
Me an expert? rofl
I'm a rook - but a vain one
posted 06-11-02 02:20 PM ET (US)     5 / 10  
Flares are placed in the editor to light up parts of the map and make them visible. Try it. Put any unit there, put a few flares in other places on the map and test it - you'll see spots on the map lit up that are nowhere near your unit's LOS.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

posted 06-12-02 02:29 AM ET (US)     6 / 10  
Thanks for your help guys! I'll be here for ages, if thats what you mean by "hang in, it's a bit quiet here".
What I meant with my roads question is....can you build them in the game? On the back of the box theres a picture of a peaceful place, then another shot of it with buildings and roads. Yes, I agree, invisible daemons are annoying, but can you get them in the game? Also, can you get, rafts, and most heroes in the game? What do the villager heroes do? Here are lots more questions to keep you guys busy!
Cheers, Dr.Lorenzo
posted 06-12-02 03:12 AM ET (US)     7 / 10  
Unfortunately it's pretty hard to get your cities and stuff to look as good as the box. Kind of like what they show a whopper to be on the BK commercials. I've never seen a whopper look like that in reality. But, I digress.

You can only build roads in the scenario editor when you're making a custom scenario. Under the unit creator, click on Gaia for the player, and scroll down to "stone path." There's a bunch of different ones you can use. Dirt paths, etc.

"You've never hunted...until you've hunted...man." - Jesse Ventura - "The Body," "The Mind," US Navy SEAL, Professional Wrestler, Actor, X Minnesota Governor, Philosopher at large.
posted 06-12-02 03:19 AM ET (US)     8 / 10  
You can't build roads in the game. Nor can you make invisible demons or any of the heroes, or rafts. The villager heroes are just like all the other ones but have a bug - if you have them selected and accidentally click on a resource - wood, stone, gold - they become normal villagers.

I used invisible demons in scenario 2 of Ronin to imitate ghosts - as they died their bodies appeared and vanished, which looked cool.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

posted 06-12-02 06:00 AM ET (US)     9 / 10  
For good examples of what you can achieve dowload some of Ingo van Thiels campaigns - they're among the best around and worth playing , trust me
posted 06-12-02 02:18 PM ET (US)     10 / 10  
The Scenari Editor has so many bugs, they all can be used to make a good eye candy campaign.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » Flares
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames