You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Problem Loading Saved Games?
posted 07-22-04 02:43 PM ET (US)   
I am having a problem loading saved games. After selecting the name and clicking OK, I will see the screen that says Loading Saved Game. Then the game shuts down.

Any help?

Replies:
posted 07-22-04 03:03 PM ET (US)     1 / 7  
Hi, that's the patch 1.c for AoE or 1.b for RoR for sure. If you want to play single player and save games, it's better to play the version without the patch - the version with the patch may crash on you, and it most often does when you're getting somewhere, which is Most Annoying.
posted 07-23-04 07:32 AM ET (US)     2 / 7  
http://aoe.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aoecgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,5141,,all. I just posted a similar question not too long ago.
posted 07-23-04 08:31 AM ET (US)     3 / 7  
Welcome to the forums.

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 07-23-04 09:43 AM ET (US)     4 / 7  
If you don't want to read the entire thread, here is the major contribution in it:

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------ --------
andycmdab
Bowman posted 06-06-04 04:32 PM ET (US) 15 / 16
------------------------------------------------------------ --------I had extensively tested this problem before and I know when to save, save when there's no fighting going on, actually, there could be swordmen fighting but make sure there's no archers or baliistica firing -- it's that animation effects which creates the bug.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------

(End Quote)

Wise_Max is the slowest player on Earth.
But Wise_Max has a lot of fun playing. So, he always wins even when he loses the game. And he made Friends.
Is that Wise or what?...
posted 07-24-04 01:56 PM ET (US)     5 / 7  
Having read the other thread thru, I am assuming that if I uninstall and reinstall without the patch, I'll be OK? The problem will disappear?
posted 07-24-04 02:06 PM ET (US)     6 / 7  
It's easier to rename the patched game file and then to copy the original exe from your CD to the AoE folder. That way you can play the game with or without the patch.
posted 07-25-04 08:54 AM ET (US)     7 / 7  
Markant, if you "retrograde" your AoE, you won't be able to play online in the Zone.

For single player only it will work fine, though.

Oh, one more thingy.

I like to play at max. pop (200). In order to do that, I do the registry hack that's documented somewhere by Microsoft (I think it's in the patch readme). Then, I can play Random Map with up to SEVEN A. I. on Hard (but it's still no challenge, I just rush the nearby 3 A.I:, then wall in and stomp over the remaining ones. And the AI won't still go past 50 units - still, 7x50=350, which is almost double of what I can get ).

Wise_Max is the slowest player on Earth.
But Wise_Max has a lot of fun playing. So, he always wins even when he loses the game. And he made Friends.
Is that Wise or what?...

[This message has been edited by Wise_Max (edited 07-25-2004 @ 09:08 AM).]

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » Problem Loading Saved Games?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames