AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: is this game good?
posted 11-07-05 04:16 PM ET (US)   
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about purchasing AOE 3 and would like to get some feedback from the masses (I don't like to go by the major industry insiders) before I shell out the money. I'm somewhat particular in the game department and was hoping I could get answers from people who've played the game to the following:

1.) What are the pro and/or cons of the single player?

2.) What features does the online play have and is it good, bad, etc?

3.) Should I get it and why or why not?

P.S. If I spend the money and don't like it I won't hold anyone's feet to the "flame" (pun intended) . I would just like your serious impressions. thanks

Replies:
posted 11-07-05 05:58 PM ET (US)     1 / 4  
Before you ask anybody's advice or even think of putting people's feet at the flame, make sure you're in the right damn forum, mate. Not that you're the only one who blunders into this place by mistake, far from it. And I even guess that if there are AoE III players here they can inform you one hell of a lot better than starters - because they can compare it with older stuff.
But if I'm not mistaken it will be like this: if you have some experience with RTS-games and fell in love with one game, it's unlikely that the falling in love is going to be repeated here. Instead you may feel that you've seen everything - except the graphics - before.
posted 11-07-05 11:47 PM ET (US)     2 / 4  
I'm sure, as peter says, you'll get a better response at http://aoe3.heavengames.com

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 11-08-05 03:58 AM ET (US)     3 / 4  
Just one quick question. How did you get to this site and not AoE 3 Heaven?

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 11-08-05 04:17 AM ET (US)     4 / 4  
No need to rub it in, DA.
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » is this game good?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames