Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoE: RoR and Windows Vista
posted 02-24-07 12:12 PM ET (US)   
I wanted to let everyone know, just in case you are/will have issues installing AoE/RoR with MS Vista that I was able to get it to work running the setup executable under compatibility mode for NT 4. It would not write to the hard drive under any other setting: folder permissions were fine, I even tried the install on a FAT partition, but the Compatibility Mode was the only thing that worked. Once the game was installed, I had no further issues under Vista (except of course the save game bug )

-Leofreyed,
(aka Caesar Constintine)

Replies:
posted 02-24-07 12:25 PM ET (US)     1 / 6  
You've been away a long time. Welcome back mate,
posted 02-24-07 12:37 PM ET (US)     2 / 6  
Peter since you kinda remember some of these err.. um.. newbie oldies? LOL could you introduce also who they are, what you remember about them? how many times they got banned.. you know all the good stuff LOL

Any tks for the Vista stuff

posted 02-25-07 00:52 AM ET (US)     3 / 6  

Quote:

except of course the save game bug

Isn't this only with the 1.0c patch?

posted 02-25-07 01:06 AM ET (US)     4 / 6  
Thanks for the tip, just got a Vista laptop.
posted 02-25-07 04:30 PM ET (US)     5 / 6  
Peter: Yeah, I'm kinda a lurker ;-).
I'd post under my old names (Caesar Constintine, Constantine XI-AoK) but I seem to not be able to use either.

George: Nope, never got banned- been visiting HG since '99, but came later to AoE. Coolest moment: Once had an interesting discussion with Ensemble Studios guys about The Conqueror's Expansion to AoK.)
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=8,1251,,all

The save game bug does only happen with the latest patches, but I really really like the '.' Idle Villager button.

Some other Vista observations:
When I was running the Release Candidate versions of Vista, I had no problems installing AoE/RoR.
The sound controls work differently, of course Vista handles sound differently than XP but also perhaps because it breaks down volume control by application.

posted 02-25-07 06:28 PM ET (US)     6 / 6  
This is useful info - new visitors trying to run the game on Vista may run into problems and if they do we will have to know what to do about them, so keep all such information coming and we'll add it to our knowledge base.

Oh and wb, CC. Nice to see you again.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

[This message has been edited by Phill Phree (edited 02-25-2007 @ 06:31 PM).]

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » AoE: RoR and Windows Vista
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames