AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires: Age of Empires online
posted 08-17-10 06:33 AM ET (US)   
Age of Empires: Age of Empires online

Robot Entertainment has been working on a new RTS under the project name Spartan/Project S. It turned out to be a new Age of empires
Replies:
posted 08-17-10 07:04 AM ET (US)     1 / 19  
Am I the only one that is kind of disappointed with this? Personally I'm not a huge fan of MMO games like this and it just doesn't appear to have the charm that the first three had.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 08-17-10 07:11 AM ET (US)     2 / 19  
I think it looks too much like wc3. Nothing I will fall for though

Might try it out a years after the release or so
posted 08-17-10 04:45 PM ET (US)     3 / 19  
Oh my this is a shame a game about ancient times in a medieval times forum...oh dear :/. anyhow...yes well i'm a bit disappointed as well but to be honest every game from ensemble studios after Rise of Rome has disappointed me a little so this feeling isn't new for new :b

I always feel bad when a game of a saga becomes a MMO. I heard rumous that the next Elder Scrolls would be a MMO and i had a mini heart attack, i never expected it to happen to this game...but it did

But not everything is bad...i mean, this shows that the franchise is alive and it hasn't been forgotten by M$.

[This message has been edited by Suppiluliuma (edited 08-17-2010 @ 04:55 PM).]

posted 08-17-10 06:21 PM ET (US)     4 / 19  
I have to agree, making AoE into a cartoon-ish MMO doesn't seem quite right. I somehow manage to take this as an insult. I'm pretty sure I won't be buying this one.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 08-17-10 06:36 PM ET (US)     5 / 19  
Hmph. Totally agree.

I just don't think it'll have quite the same feel...plus you need an Internet connection. If you don't have the Net, you can always play the real game vs. AI.

"Preparation is not prevention. Just because you know what's coming does not mean you can stop it."
--Me

Something to remember: always know where you're going, but never forget where you came from.

The Age of Chivalry is upon us! Visit the only wiki devoted exclusively to Aoc:H by clicking on the preceding link. Oh yeah, and it works with the HD edition, too--just make sure to get this first.
posted 08-17-10 08:43 PM ET (US)     6 / 19  
Yeah to be it looks to much like it is going to be a farmville style for me to take it seriously. There are those that say it still is like AoE under all the new graphics and everything but it just doesn't look right.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 08-18-10 09:19 PM ET (US)     7 / 19  
Well it doesn't look soooooooooo bad.

Its where the AoE fanbase is probably going to shift their attention to.

If its free then no complaints here.

Too many people say far too much about Gumble. They also claim Gumble says far too much which isnt true.

One man's truth is another man's lie. Seek TRUTH to escape this moral mire.

'Experts' try to analyse human behaviour and the human condition and make grand conclusions. - Its the same as the guy who explains why a joke is funny and kills the joke.
posted 08-19-10 05:48 AM ET (US)     8 / 19  
It's not free

You got to buy the game itself, but when you got it, you play it for free
posted 08-21-10 02:37 PM ET (US)     9 / 19  
Yeah to be it looks to much like it is going to be a farmville style for me to take it seriously
lol Farmville XDD i wouldn't have said it better. And honestly it looks waaaay more like Age of Mythology than age of empires even the units as cartoonish as they are, do.

Anyhow the MMOs are in vogue now...i hate it lol
posted 09-06-10 02:45 PM ET (US)     10 / 19  
*Bump*

I'll see if I can get a beta first and then judge it.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 09-07-10 08:19 AM ET (US)     11 / 19  
Microsoft is stupid if they think ima buy a mmo version of aoe it is gunna be terrible.
posted 09-07-10 08:48 AM ET (US)     12 / 19  
AFAIK, it will be a free version available for download.
posted 09-07-10 10:24 AM ET (US)     13 / 19  
That doesn't sound very Microsofty, have you got a source on that Basse?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 09-07-10 10:40 AM ET (US)     14 / 19  
posted 09-07-10 06:10 PM ET (US)     15 / 19  
There are MMOs about Star Wars, LOTR, Warcraft and other sword or fantasy stuff a dn so far AoE is the first RTS i'm aware of that is moving to the MMO. I don't like it but it could be successful. I said this before but for me this looks more like AoM than AoE.

Oops fixed.

[This message has been edited by Suppiluliuma (edited 09-09-2010 @ 10:46 AM).]

posted 09-08-10 09:30 AM ET (US)     16 / 19  
It's NOT RPG!!
posted 09-08-10 12:00 PM ET (US)     17 / 19  
They say it's going to be more like Call of Duty than a true MMO or RPG, which has me excited.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 09-09-10 01:41 AM ET (US)     18 / 19  
AFAIK, it will be a free version available for download.

That doesn't sound very Microsofty, have you got a source on that Basse?
Microsoft has always made free versions of AoE available for download.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          
The best stuff I made for Age of Empires:
 Composite Editor 1.1 Rated 5.0 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Utility)
 Coke vs. Pepsi Rated 4.4 ★ ★ ★ ★ ⅖ (Multi player scenario)
 The Map of the World (Real world map)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted 09-09-10 10:48 AM ET (US)     19 / 19  
oops lol, sorry thanks Basse for the correction xD.

Now i'm wondering, RCM, why they say it would be more like a FPS like call of duty?
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » Age of Empires: Age of Empires online
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames