Please login or register

The Hall of Fame

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoEH Designers' Board
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60  Next Page »
posted 10-11-04 08:10 PM ET (US)   
Welcome to the AoEH Designers' Board, a thread aimed to gather the last active designers and keep them in contact. The Board shows in alphabetical order people who are currently working on AoE/RoR scenarios and campaigns. To join the Board simply post here and give some little details about your work, such as the game (AoE or RoR), the setting (Historical, Fiction or Fantasy) and the subject (what is your campaign about?). This is also a good place to ask help to other designers, seek for playtesters, post your screenshots, and unleash your design frustrations.

Updates on your progresses are optional, but highly welcome, so if you are working on a multi-level campaign you may post here as you finish a particular scenario, and your status will be updated. Once your game is published, it will be listed among the 'Released Projects'.

PROJECTS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Alakazam.................Fict. Cpn "Chaotic Lands and Rebellious Minds" (RoR) status: on hold
Alakazam.................Hist. Cpn "Trials Of Early Rome" (RoR) status: working on 1st scn
BlackSunEmperor......Fant. Camp. "Rise Of The Black Sun Empire" (game?) status: 2 scns done
BlueLagona..............Fant. Camp. "Saint Philosoph" (game?) status: working on 1st scn*
Blunt Axe.................Fict. Campaign - Untitled (AoE) status: unknown
c4master.................Fant. Camp. "Tales of Udrania Part 3" (RoR) status: 2 scns done
Chris Mattox............Fict. Campaign "Clan McKeagon" (RoR) status: 1 scn done
Conquesticus...........Hist. Campaign: "The Unified Kingdom" (RoR) status: 4 scns done
Conquesticus...........Hist. Campaign: "Alexander Lives"(RoR) status: 2 scns done
Dangrimm...............Fant. Campaign: "Brotherly Deception" (AoE) status: 2 scns done*
Dean McCullough.....Fant. Cpn: "Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time" (RoR) status: planning
Dark_Avenger..........Fict. Cpn: "Mark Anthony-Quest for the Throne" (RoR) st: 2 scn done
Dark_Avenger..........Fict. Cpn: "Hannibal Storms the Walls of Rome" (RoR) st: working on 1st scn
Dark_Avenger..........Hist. Cpn: "AoE Legacy - The Siege of Corinth" (RoR) status: 2 scns done
Dark_Avenger..........Fant. Cpn: "Shaman Tells no Tales" (RoR) st: working on 1st scn
EME2940820...........Hist. Cpn: "Ascent Of The New Kingdom" (RoR) st: 6 scns done
FireLegion_56..........Hist. Campaign about Gojoseon (RoR) status: working on 1st scn
Fruktfisk..................Fant. Campaign "The Gooties Stories" (RoR) status: 5 scns done
GaiusCaesar............Fict. Campaign: "Chronicles of Varro" (AoE) status: unknown
GaiusCaesar............Fict. Scenario: "Escape to the Mountains" (AoE?) status: unknown
GeorgeROR.............Fict. Cpn: "Ave Charlemagne" (RoR) status: on hold
Greekboy1...............Hist. Cpn: "Hundred Year's War" (AoE) status: 2 scns done
Hanz V_K................Fict. Cpn: "Artorius, Great Defender of Britain" (RoR) status: working 1st scn*
Hanz V_K................Fant. Cpn: "Heart Of Steel" (RoR) status: planning*
IICDO.....................Hist. Cpn: "The Phyle Campaign" (AoE) status: planning
Julius999................Fict. Cpn: "Wolf Among Vipers" (RoR) status: working
Little Angel..............Hist. Campaign "Siege of Xiang Yang" (AoE) status: 1 scn done
LittleFreak...............Hist. Campaign about King Airlangga (AoE) status: working on 1st scn
LittleFreak...............Hist. Campaign "Power Of The Kassites (AoE) status: working on 1st scn
McCloudDash91.......Hist. Campaign "Honor of a Samurai" (RoR) status: 2 scns done
Nezon....................Fict. Campaign "Bushido - Way of the Warrior" (AoE?) status: 1 scn done
Nikokol...................Hist. Campaign "The Golden Age Of Bulgaria" (AoE) status: working on the 1st scn
Opus Magno...........Fict. Camp. "The Decadence of Tyr" (AoE) st: working on 1st scn
PhatFish.................Fant. Camp. "Descendants of the Ancient World" (RoR) st: guru meditation
Pliskin_DESIGNER....Fant. Camp. "Retribution of Bad Hospitality" (AoE) st: 1 scn done
RCM7525...............Fant. Camp. "Nippon Chronicles: Rise of Shihan" (game?) status: 2 scns done
StimuChuras...........Fict. Camp. "Brutus & Cassius" (game?) status: working
The Dark Archer......Fant. Camp. "The Great General Arkon" (AoE) status: 2 scns done
Tribulation Designs..Fict. Campaign about Rapa Nui (RoR) status: working on 1st scn
Urbackyard.............Fict. Campaign (Untitled) (RoR) status: working on 1st scn

* - High Latency: these projects haven't been updated for long time by their authors, thus they may have been aborted.

RELEASED PROJECTS

Dec 2004 - "Angkor Wat And The Khmer Legacy" (AoE) by Andrea Rosa -- 5.0
Jan 2005 - "The Missing Chapter Of History Books" (RoR) by Dark_Avenger -- 3.8
Mar 2005 - "The Beginnings Of An Empire" (AoE) by FireLegion_56 -- 4.8
May 2005 - "The Senate And People Of Rome - 2005 Special Edition" (AoE) by Andrea Rosa -- 5.0
May 2005 - "The Shaman Tales" (RoR) by Dark_Avenger -- 4.1
Aug 2005 - "Drusus And Tiberius" (AoE) by Richard Ames -- 4.4
Aug 2005 - "Shamans Multiplayer" (RoR) by Dark_Avenger -- n/r
Sep 2005 - "Tales Of Udrania part II" (RoR) by c4master (aka Nanaki) -- 4.6
Sep 2005 - "Death Of The Morads - Remix" (AoE) by The Dark Archer -- 4.7
Oct 2005 - "A Short History Of Lost Sumeria" (AoE) by Andrea Rosa -- 4.9
Oct 2005 - "Kyloman Invasion EP1" (RoR) by Gurluas4000 -- 2.4
Jun 2006 - "The Missing Chapter Of History Books - update" (RoR) by Dark_Avenger -- 3.4
Sep 2006 - "Rise Of Moses" (RoR) by GeorgeROR -- 4.6
Nov 2006 - "The Mystical Lands" (AoE) by Nikokol -- 4.2
Jan 2007 - "The Flue'lan" (AoE) by Urbackyard -- 4.4
May 2007 - "The Land Of The Traders" (AoE) by Nikokol -- 3.7
Jun 2007 - "Fall Of The Newbs" (RoR) by Richard Ames & AoEH Community -- 5.0
Jun 2007 - "Royal Follies" (AoE) by GeorgeROR -- n/r
Jul 2007 - "The History Of Bulgaria - The Three Empires" (AoE) by Nikokol -- 3.5
Nov 2007 - "Little Big Nordic Adventure" (AoE) by Andrea Rosa -- 5.0
Dec 2007 - "George Of The Jungle" (AoE) GeorgeROR -- n/r
Dec 2007 - "Land Of Tribulation" (AoE) scenario_t_c -- n/r

RECOMMENDED LINKS

AoEH Players and Reviewers Board Our sister Board, focused on reviewing discussions.

FAQ All common questions about map design are answered here.

GenieWiki The newest interactive resource dedicated to our favourite game.

Map Design Articles by Rasher, Ingo, Darius, Phill, Lennart and Richard. A must read both for newbies and expert designers.

Bitmap Creation Tutorial An excellent, classic article by Frank Steidel about makin introductiory bitmaps.

AI and PER files All you need to know about AI and PER files.

CTY Files Articles by Borbola Balazs, Bruce, SBE and Devyn.

DLL Editing Article by The Dark Archer.

AoE Last Resort My website contains additional hints on map design and info on my AoE campaigns.

[This message has been edited by Andrea Rosa (edited 02-17-2008 @ 11:48 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-11-04 08:17 PM ET (US)     1 / 3000  

Quote:

AyOhE................. Hittite Campaign: untitled (AoE)

Oh man completely forgot about that. I'm going to go work on it now.

Roggan?
posted 10-11-04 08:28 PM ET (US)     2 / 3000  
You'd better keep up your work on it: your scenario showed good premises
posted 10-11-04 10:51 PM ET (US)     3 / 3000  
Well, I still am working of Tang Dynasty slowly.
I have done 3 scns and I still need to do more.
Also when I relases the campagin it will have a spiced up name.

So won't just be called Tang Dynasty.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Tropper/Funk.jpg[/img]
AKA FireLegion_56 @ AOEH

Lastest Project:Classified

posted 10-12-04 01:15 AM ET (US)     4 / 3000  
I'm very,very,very,very slowly working upon asequel to legend of the stone mountain. Don't expect it soon though.
posted 10-12-04 05:34 AM ET (US)     5 / 3000  
I have one, won't be ready for at least one thousand years

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 10-12-04 02:59 PM ET (US)     6 / 3000  
Well, I won't be working on that forever, only got the 1st scn done and tested, though.
posted 10-12-04 06:19 PM ET (US)     7 / 3000  
I have Legend of the Stone Mountain, I can't remember it, I think I have just had a glance at it. I will review when I finish. I'm also playing a campaign by Dr L. but I can't even survive the first scenario, it seems utterly impossible.

I'll have to finish Memories of the Gupta Dynasty today or tomorrow so I can send off the review for it. Will it be 5 star or will it be 4.95?

I'm getting through scenario #4, I'm making lot's of eye candy and new rpg style victory conditions, like faking your death and taking advantage of the fact lions won't follow you on swamp (has anyone else done this yet? I've seen rafts used to get past alligators and walls used to make a path through animals, but never seen shallows used to provide a path through lions.

It is a big map and so far I have only made Elephantine Island and West Elephantine, but I'm about 1/3 of the way there after 2 days working in the editor.

Richard Wilde
rswilde01(at)gmail(dot)com
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
Review Thread - AoKH - GenieWiki
posted 10-12-04 06:37 PM ET (US)     8 / 3000  

Quoted from Dangrimm:

I'm very,very,very,very slowly working upon asequel to legend of the stone mountain. Don't expect it soon though.

Hey, I remember "Legend of the Stone Mountain". It wasn't bad at all! Means that I liked it. It sould be given some little improvements on the ai, a restyling of the 3rd scenario (the one I liked less) and some intro bitmaps, then it would be a very nice package

Why not considering to work on an upgrade, instead of a sequel? it would be easier for you, since you could concentrate your efforts on smaller things... Nevertheless a sequel will be welcome!

posted 10-12-04 11:14 PM ET (US)     9 / 3000  
i was actually really planning on doing both....but I must first download the campagin editor thing so i can extract the scenarios to edit, because I havent got the scenarios themselves. Also- I hate making bitmaps...i doubt I will ever put them into any of my aoe scenarios or campaigns. Also, im almost finished the 2nd scenario of my sequel and I have planned out the 3rd with that avenging hero map trick thingy I thought up.

EDIT: Also, there is no need for a review of legend of the stone mountain campaign, IMO it was a newbies work, I can do much, much better. The eye-candy was terrible, and I fluked most of the good parts in it

[This message has been edited by Dangrimm (edited 10-12-2004 @ 11:16 PM).]

posted 10-13-04 00:43 AM ET (US)     10 / 3000  
I'll probably review it anyway, it's good to be able to see which campaigns are any good when you are downloading and AoEH is severely lacking in reviews. Perhaps if it were easier to review then having to e-mail them it would get more reviews.

I'm nearly half way through scenario 4 now btw, and the last 3 are a lot shorter. I'm thinking of using BBalazs (sp?) AI in the first scenario of River God part 2, a big battle with the Upper Egytians.

Andrea: I nearly finished your last scenario, I made about 12 ballista towers and killed hundreds of suicidal chariots etc, but they kept coming and I eventually let a hero get killed (I think it was the cataphract). It was at 3 hours when I died. I had managed to stop their navy and surrounded them but I couldn't get any closer.

Fire Legion: I have been playing crystal blue river. It has some fairly big bugs.

1. I think you are supposed to go to the brown town to the north (your allies), but they are standing around the gate and I can't get in.

I found another way to get to the priest, I made a catapult and destroyed the yellow base in the centre then used it to scout out, and it reached a short swordsman in the green city (south).
2. I got up to the grey b/l priest in the forest but with virtually no units left. The heavy catapult doesn't work properly, most of the time it gets eaten by crocodiles before it can attack me.

One of Ingo's campaigns uses the same trick, but, well actually I have forgotten what happens, but it worked every time. If you had tested it I'm sure this would have come up, it would be a good idea to tweak it so that it works all the time. It is a very good campaign all the same, but little bugs like that are very annoying.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-13-04 02:24 AM ET (US)     11 / 3000  

Quote:

playing a campaign by Dr L. but I can't even survive the first scenario

Err, it is Don't play that campaign, I suggest you play the one that won SnakeEyes's contest.

DR LORENZO
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 10-13-04 07:44 PM ET (US)     12 / 3000  

Quoted from Richard:

Andrea: I nearly finished your last scenario, I made about 12 ballista towers and killed hundreds of suicidal chariots etc, but they kept coming and I eventually let a hero get killed (I think it was the cataphract). It was at 3 hours when I died. I had managed to stop their navy and surrounded them but I couldn't get any closer.

Well, during playtesting I didn't need to upgrade to ballista tower. Instead I trained 6/8 phalanxes and put them before a large group of Heavy Horse Archers. Then, when I was close to the Satraps (teal priests) I put some Chariot Archers in the brawl. Also, remember to research Coinage before gathering gold, so you'll produce more of it. If you're playing with the patched version of AoE you'll be advataged, since you'll have a better control over Catapults (they don't fire when you make them hold the position) and obviously hold your two heroes far from the fray so you won't lose them. Finally, use the awesome power of your flagship at your advantage by taking out all peripherals buildings which could train units.

I'm glad to know I've created a fairly hard siege scenario. Now, let's kick those Satraps' ass!

posted 10-13-04 07:47 PM ET (US)     13 / 3000  
You made a campaign that you can't finish? What were you thinking? Wouldn't you have not submitted it once you tested the first scenario, or is there another reason?

I've figured out how Ingo did the OR condition on individual victory in Mandate of Heaven (Chou Kung) w/o using the cpn extractor.

If you have an ally who has allied victory checked, you can make it have a set of victory conditions that will win it for you, the only catch is that one of them must be "destroy player", which can even be a single unit.

This is how he must have made M.O.H, you can either destroy a siege workshop or kill Mor Havoc (If I recall). Your ally, yellow, must have had all the same individual victory conditions as you, and the only difference is where you have destroy specific object it would have destroy player (perhaps I'm slightly wrong here, I haven't played this campaign for many months). This means you can have any number (up to the number of allies you have) of individual victory condition sets, as well as global.
Oh hey Andrea, we posted at the same time

You should use this allied victory OR condition in your next campaign, but really expand on what Ingo did.

I'm gonna go kick some Satrap ass right now, this will be the last time they defeat me, afterall I am human and they are just clockwork! Yeehaw woopwoopwoopwop!

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia

[This message has been edited by Richard Ames (edited 10-13-2004 @ 07:58 PM).]

posted 10-13-04 10:47 PM ET (US)     14 / 3000  

Quote:

1. I think you are supposed to go to the brown town to the north (your allies), but they are standing around the gate and I can't get in.

Stupid Ai or your playing in ROR
Cause I have no control over that really.

Quote:

found another way to get to the priest, I made a catapult and destroyed the yellow base in the centre then used it to scout out, and it reached a short swordsman in the green city (south).

Well, I never thought of doing that way but it left it must of left you with no units.

Quote:

2. I got up to the grey b/l priest in the forest but with virtually no units left. The heavy catapult doesn't work properly, most of the time it gets eaten by crocodiles before it can attack me.

Its worked for me and still does,
Must be your ai or playing it in ROR.

Andrea Rosa
Can you change my Chinese Campaign to Historical Chinese Campaign.
And modifed the name to Tang Dynasty: Golden Age of China

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Tropper/Funk.jpg[/img]
AKA FireLegion_56 @ AOEH

Lastest Project:Classified

posted 10-13-04 11:27 PM ET (US)     15 / 3000  
Uh I hate to say this but I'm a kinda dropping my Hittite Campaign.
BUT WAIT! I am in the planning process of a fantasy Campaign involving the Shang Civilization.

So if you can change my Hittite Campaign to Shang Campaign "planning" or something along the lines as that... I'll give you more info as I progress

Thanks a bunch!

AyOhE

Roggan?
posted 10-14-04 00:24 AM ET (US)     16 / 3000  
There is a chance I was playing with RoR, I sometimes forget that you have to use the AoE icon instead when you want to play AoE campaigns. I'll have a look. Anyway I still managed to get past there and I reached some red legions, but then I did a bad and died somehow.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-14-04 01:46 AM ET (US)     17 / 3000  

Quote:

You made a campaign that you can't finish? What were you thinking? Wouldn't you have not submitted it once you tested the first scenario, or is there another reason?

1. It was a long time ago.

2. It can be finished.

DR LORENZO
posted 10-14-04 04:03 AM ET (US)     18 / 3000  
I should have time to finish crystal blue river now, I've just spent 5 hours (on 2.0speed) doing the final campaign of Andrea's most recent campaign. I had a score of over 3000, nearly the highest I have ever had. I finally decided to kick some ass so I got all the gold I could find and sent in centurions to mame their fortress. Great campaign Andrea, I've just reviewed it.

Is the scenario I'm talking about possible Dr L.? It's the first one in "The Alliance #1". I thought there was some trick to it but I just kept dying. I started off following the axeman but he just killed me, then tried to find another way but everything is walled off, and whenever I try to do anything the priests convert me.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-14-04 04:53 AM ET (US)     19 / 3000  

Quote:

I've figured out how Ingo did the OR condition on individual victory in Mandate of Heaven (Chou Kung) w/o using the cpn extractor.

If you have an ally who has allied victory checked, you can make it have a set of victory conditions that will win it for you, the only catch is that one of them must be "destroy player", which can even be a single unit.

This is how he must have made M.O.H, you can either destroy a siege workshop or kill Mor Havoc (If I recall). Your ally, yellow, must have had all the same individual victory conditions as you, and the only difference is where you have destroy specific object it would have destroy player (perhaps I'm slightly wrong here, I haven't played this campaign for many months). This means you can have any number (up to the number of allies you have) of individual victory condition sets, as well as global.

It's much simpler than that. The barbarians have an impossible objective to bring the priest to their siege workshop. If you destroy either, the barbarians lose immediately because they cannot fulfil their objective anymore. This fulfils your objective to defeat the barbarians.

posted 10-14-04 05:16 AM ET (US)     20 / 3000  

Quote:

Is the scenario I'm talking about possible Dr L.? It's the first one in "The Alliance #1". I thought there was some trick to it but I just kept dying. I started off following the axeman but he just killed me, then tried to find another way but everything is walled off, and whenever I try to do anything the priests convert me.

Play on easiest, and the second scenario is dodgy, BTW.

DR LORENZO
posted 10-14-04 05:18 PM ET (US)     21 / 3000  
I see Ingo, I have tried doing something like that but I found that when I destroyed an object that the computer must bring somewhere, I found they die instantly, making you the winner. I'll have to test some more.

I began my sc. design by testing all the individual victory conditions to see how they work, then I tried testing them all on an ally but nothing happened with your ally unless you were enemy, so I had discovered a way to make you lose instantly if you ever annoyed your ally (they have won from the start, but you are not enemies with them).

I found that they could actually win it for you but they could only do that by defeating a specific player, but then I realised that a player could be an object and they could now have any other individual victory condition as well.

This is an area that it seems nobody has used to it's fullest,(or they don't know how it works) and I intend to. Then again maybe your ally can win for you normally and it's just a bug on my computer

*passionately hates computer*

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-17-04 04:31 PM ET (US)     22 / 3000  
Anybody seen Andrea around? Hope he hasn't got alcohol poisoning or something...

Anyway I've just reviewed 6 campaigns/scenarios etc this month, including... wait for it... Memories of the Gupta Dynasty. Is it 5 star material? Have a look in the reviews section once Phill has put them up. Good to see there are some new ones as well, like one on Alexander.

You should check out the new AoE campaign next to Andrea's too, I think it's called Rise of Jerusalem, it's a little gem, really hard too. In one scenario you have a priest converting your units that you can't kill or you lose! I'm hoping to try to herd him into a corner and give him a book to read

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia

[This message has been edited by Richard Ames (edited 10-17-2004 @ 05:31 PM).]

posted 10-17-04 05:25 PM ET (US)     23 / 3000  
I was wondering the same thing. I want her to change my campaign. Hope everything is ok...

Roggan?
posted 10-17-04 05:34 PM ET (US)     24 / 3000  
Him AyOhE, him

I made the same mistake, Italian names remember

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-17-04 05:59 PM ET (US)     25 / 3000  

Quote:

Anybody seen Andrea around? Hope he hasn't got alcohol poisoning or something...

I'm here, and I'm not poisoned. This because today is sunday, I've run out of beer and the store is closed. In other words, my only (and big) fear has come true

I look forward to read your review! Sorry, but I haven't checked the scx you sent me yet. I'll test it and send you an answer in a few days

posted 10-17-04 07:10 PM ET (US)     26 / 3000  

Quote:

Him AyOhE, him
I made the same mistake, Italian names remember

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry Andrea. That goes to show how little I know about other countries.

Roggan?

[This message has been edited by AyOhE (edited 10-17-2004 @ 07:14 PM).]

posted 10-17-04 07:13 PM ET (US)     27 / 3000  

Quote:

Uh I hate to say this but I'm a kinda dropping my Hittite Campaign.
BUT WAIT! I am in the planning process of a fantasy Campaign involving the Shang Civilization.
So if you can change my Hittite Campaign to Shang Campaign "planning" or something along the lines as that... I'll give you more info as I progress

Thanks a bunch!

AyOhE

Well as I was saying. In case you didnt see this (Andrea) I uh, dropped the Hittite Campaign. Dont hurt me!
Well anyways, I am starting a Shang Fantasy Campaign, that I actually have a whole story to use for it so it will be much easier than looking for historical context. So could you switch my campaign on the list at the top of the page. Thanks a bunch, I'll be sure to send you the first scenario via e-mail for you to test out.

Well I'm going off to play some AOK.

AyOhE

Roggan?
posted 10-17-04 07:22 PM ET (US)     28 / 3000  
I've started working on my campaign. I've planned 4 or 5 scenarios, and I'm currently working on 3 of them. Check the related topic in this Forum for more details
posted 10-17-04 09:38 PM ET (US)     29 / 3000  
Well, I will get around to working on them pretty soon. I feel a lot more confident since I actually have 5 campaigns that will fit to the story. Now all I gotta do is work my magic and make it work.

Roggan?
posted 10-18-04 05:33 PM ET (US)     30 / 3000  
I suggest you to not put in the garbage your Hittite campaign, AyOhE. You could return to it in the future

For now, good luck with your Shang campaign!

posted 10-18-04 06:58 PM ET (US)     31 / 3000  
After I make River God I'm making a fantasy campaign too, it will be based on a made up place, and I may draw influences from other games that I have played like Final Fantasy etc. Hope to be able to use a tonne of original ideas and have no restrictions.

By the way I'm only working on the campaign "River God, Part I" not the whole thing. It will be a three part campaign with a sequel to follow. I have to read up now to find out what scenario 5 will be about, I have a rough idea but I need to reread the section to get the plan finished. Scenario #4 is on hold for a little while.

The campaign in AoK will be a single scenario fantasy campaign with a lot of humour and modern day parallels.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-20-04 05:57 PM ET (US)     32 / 3000  

Quote:

I suggest you to not put in the garbage your Hittite campaign, AyOhE. You could return to it in the future

For now, good luck with your Shang campaign!

I know thats what I plan to do.

Roggan?
posted 10-20-04 07:31 PM ET (US)     33 / 3000  
AyOhE, you made the stone mountain campaign a while ago right? I've been playing the third scenario, it's pretty good, but one hell of a job on hardest. I'm trying to get through to that last artifact but the enemies have a lot to smash through and they keep spawning when I take them out.

Like Andrea said, it's a good campaign and you have a lot of potential as a designer. I'll post a review for it with the next lot, I've done 3 so far for the next month's lot, the best being "The Lava Men Saga" by Hero Patrick.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-20-04 07:47 PM ET (US)     34 / 3000  

Quote:

AyOhE, you made the stone mountain campaign a while ago right?

It was by Dangrimm.

posted 10-20-04 09:08 PM ET (US)     35 / 3000  
Thanks a lot Andrea!

I could of taken credit for that one. lol

Roggan?
posted 10-21-04 01:01 AM ET (US)     36 / 3000  
Quote: AyOhE, you made the stone mountain campaign a while ago right? I've been playing the third scenario, it's pretty good, but one hell of a job on hardest. I'm trying to get through to that last artifact but the enemies have a lot to smash through and they keep spawning when I take them out.

Hehehe, you flatter me, the 3rd scenario was the worst...I think the first scenario was the best of the lot. I'm also finished the 2nd scenario completely including storyline (just have ot put it into the scen intstructions now) and i'm happy to report that the map design and the time spent makign it are of a fer higher standard

Edit: by the way, did you try colonizing the islands where you find the majority of the artifacts before attempting to establish a beachead on the mainland? Thats probably the smartest way of approaching it, but that approach is soon to be removed when I remake the entire scenario from scratch, although it will be fairly similar in the challenges.

[This message has been edited by Dangrimm (edited 10-21-2004 @ 01:04 AM).]

posted 10-21-04 01:37 AM ET (US)     37 / 3000  
Ach! This is worse than when I was calling Andrea a woman!

I'm sure I've seen a campaign or something by AyOh, ah yes I think it was the "Minoan Maze" one, not quite as good as this but also showing potential. I think I reviewed that one.

I've tried everything Dangrimm, I just can't beat them! I was hoping all artifacts were on the islands.

Infact I thought it was impossible. I got 3 villies, right? They were locked in and the enemy always found them, especially when I attacked the wall, so I gave up, but then I played again and found a way, I built houses around them so the enemies couldn't get at them, then I smashed the wall out and ran.

I made it to iron but even after mining several thousand gold I just kept losing troops, and having no towers I couldn't do much.

I made my way in with a few phalanx, horse archers and st's, but they were always killed by the enemy, it always responded to me attacking any ally, so I couldn't attack anyone without getting hurt.

I eventually ran out of gold. I guess I should have tried to take out their stables etc first. Should I stop playing and wait for the update? I thought the second scenario was great, it was so hard, and I got smashed when I broke down the walls in the middle but I fought back and finally won using goldless units like bowmen

Overall it is a good campaign, not great but maybe 3.6, 3.8 material. It certainly isn't newbic.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-21-04 02:42 AM ET (US)     38 / 3000  
Well then, if that gets a 3.8, I think the campaign-in-the-making is heading for a 4.5 at least, and i tihnk ill boost the original campaign up to about 4 quality is possible.
posted 10-21-04 09:24 PM ET (US)     39 / 3000  

Quote:

I'm sure I've seen a campaign or something by AyOh, ah yes I think it was the "Minoan Maze" one, not quite as good as this but also showing potential. I think I reviewed that one.

Yeah, I can give the excuse of that was my first scenario, and I never looked at all the scenario design stuff either. So hey gimme a break.

Roggan?
posted 10-22-04 10:57 PM ET (US)     40 / 3000  
I'm glad t report that the second Legend of the Stone Mountain campaign is nearing completion..I am just about to start on the 3rd (and hopefully best) scenario and then it will be released. I think I have a name for it, but its pending:

Legend of the Stone Mountain: Brotherly Deception

posted 10-22-04 11:51 PM ET (US)     41 / 3000  
UPDATE ON SHANG CAMPAIGN:

I am working on the 1st and 2nd scenario right now. (So if you want to update it Andrea )

And things are going pretty smoothly, I am roughly half way done on the terrain in the first scenario, and have to put all the units down and change all the options on the scenario, and I just started my 2nd scenario but have all the options set. And I'm actually having fun with this!

Roggan?
posted 10-23-04 03:42 AM ET (US)     42 / 3000  
Good work designers. Scenario 4 and 5 of River God are nearing completion, 2 more to go

See my campaign topic for some River God narrative

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia

[This message has been edited by Richard Ames (edited 10-23-2004 @ 03:44 AM).]

posted 10-23-04 03:37 PM ET (US)     43 / 3000  

Quoted from AyOhE:

And things are going pretty smoothly, I am roughly half way done on the terrain in the first scenario, and have to put all the units down and change all the options on the scenario, and I just started my 2nd scenario but have all the options set. And I'm actually having fun with this!

Of course it's wonderful when design goes on, and ideas keep comin'. I still remember when you posted you frustrated message, but now it seems those days are over

posted 10-23-04 07:33 PM ET (US)     44 / 3000  
Yeah I'm doing a lot better than I was, mainly because I have an actual story. Although the terrain is tedious and I get tired of doing it.

Roggan?
posted 10-23-04 11:26 PM ET (US)     45 / 3000  
I've got a story too, for my fantasy campaign. This morning the ideas just started flowing, and I've planned the whole first scenario. Now that this campaign is a reality I have a platform to release all my new tricks I've been going on about! Here's the beginning of the campaign, to give you some vague idea of what I am going on about

Welcome to Echeia. Echeia is the land you find yourself in as we speak. Echeia is a land of many flavours, this you will discover for yourself. But these lands are foreign to you. You can’t remember where you are from, but it is not here, that you feel sure of. You try to remember where you are from, but you have no luck. Faces, people, personalities, places, lands, plants. None come to mind when you try to think of home.

“How is this possible?” you ask yourself. How can I not remember where I am from? You stumble around, not knowing which way to go. The ground is rough and slippery, a chilling wind blows. You have only a cloak on and nowhere can you see shelter. The sun is huge and white, an unfamiliar sun. The clouds are big and grey, an unknown grey. These lands are wild and have no compassion for your plight. You must find a place to get warm; these mountains are freezing you to death. You know not which way to travel, you see forest to the north, or is it the south?

You find a tree, a big tall tree with a huge trunk and curly leaves. You tuck yourself into a nook in its old and worn trunk and think warm thoughts. You lie there shivering, slowly losing consciousness.

You awaken to the sensation of your bones crunching. It feels like you are being crushed from both sides. But when you look around nothing is there, just the tree. The tree? You cannot finish that thought, for you fall asleep again, this time you will not wake up.

But you do wake up. For I have misled you, you would have died, yes, but someone else has saved you. Someone whom you have never seen before, it is all foreign to you. You do feel grateful though, whoever this person is. Who is he? Or is it she? You try to open your eyes but they are stuck together like glue. Your arms feel numb but you can move them. You feel the place you are in. A warm bed, rough bedding, a hard pillow supports your head, and you can hear water boiling on a fire.

“Here we go old fellow, this won’t hurt a bit”
A warm strange smelling liquid is spread over your eyes with a brush.
“Dellilee” a weathered voice says.
“Nova Inca Astra Aight
Be gone fell evils, return his sight”

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-24-04 00:49 AM ET (US)     46 / 3000  
Actually now that I think of it. Maybe you should change my campaign type to "fiction." Because it is like an event history that didnt take place. I think fiction would explain it better.

Thanks,
AyOhE

Roggan?
posted 10-24-04 05:28 PM ET (US)     47 / 3000  
Cool thread! I haven't had much time to forum the past year, but it's excellent to see so many working on things and posting. I think it's funny when sometimes an aokh forummer will accidently post and then ask why anyone would still play aoe. I'm not quitting though. This game just looks and sounds too good with a 21 inch monitor and surround sound!

I'm working on two campaigns, one for about two years, and the other about a year. If you want, put them up and maybe in a few months one will be finished I don't have any dedicated threads on them. When I'm closer to completing them, I'll probably post for playtesters.

One would be considered historical but of course embellished for sword-clanging purposes. It's called The Unified Kingdom. Pretty much chronicles the 100-year reign of Saul, David, and Solomon from 1020 BC to 920 (roughly) in the ancient near-east. The plan is for six or seven scenarios. Some build and destroy, some FF, some standard but enhanced VCs I guess you'd call them, and hopefully the custom PER and AI files mesh right and it'll be challenging enough on hardest. A lot of time is spent making the map as accurate to the land as possible, and I'm making the bitmaps in a new way. Also, not all maps are oriented toward north, kind of wanted to utilize the AOE diamond map and fit the playing field to it. If anyone has seen a campaign in the campaign section under ROR called Rise of Israel, that was made as a run-up to this one.

The second one I'm working on is called Alexander Lives. I'm really excited to work on it, cuz I'm a nut for military history and Alexander. This is planned for five to seven scenarios, and two are complete. I really want to get the other one knocked down and get down to business on this campaign. I guess this wouldn't exactly be fantasy, but not exactly historical. Call it quasi-historical or sci-fi-hi if you will. This campaign starts where Alexander left off, drunk in Babylon. But here, the ten-horned beast doesn't die, and instead recovers. The scenarios are essentially the missions of what Alexander had planned for after his current stay in Babylon, and what was recorded by his advisors and events under way. Like in my other campaign, I'll put a lot of time into recreating the cities of the day, so hopefully it'll look and act like Ancient Greece.

I don't want to give much away, but I am going to try not embellish anything on this one. Just the fact that it's Alexander means a lot of stuff needs to be destroyed or built, so who needs embellishment! I will give two things away, though (since the rough drafts are done). 1-Alexander will try conquering Arabia. 2-Either Rome or Carthage will be obliterated, but not by the other! Of course you could always search for the relevant history on the Internet.

Hopefully I'll capture the intended spirit of Alexander's last plans and make it worth playing.

Good luck with your work on the campaigns. New ones are always coming in when I have the least time to play them, does that happen to anyone else?

"You've never hunted...until you've hunted...man." - Jesse Ventura - "The Body," "The Mind," US Navy SEAL, Professional Wrestler, Actor, X Minnesota Governor, Philosopher at large.
posted 10-24-04 06:00 PM ET (US)     48 / 3000  
Great, two more entries in the Board
posted 10-24-04 06:52 PM ET (US)     49 / 3000  
I've played Rise of Israel, nice campaign but I don't think it deserved 4.8. There seem to be so many "Rise of..." campaigns, I think the designers should try to come up with better names

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 10-24-04 07:37 PM ET (US)     50 / 3000  

Quote:

I think the designers should try to come up with better names

Sooo right! An interesting title is a good first step in hooking someone's attention.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » The Hall of Fame » AoEH Designers' Board
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames