You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What did you do this weekend?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 08-29-05 07:15 PM ET (US)   
Over here at least it was a bank holiday, so all kinds of events and shows going on over the long weekend around the country here.

As some may know I'm working with a friend to build his mobile photographic service. This weekend we were at the Glenn Miller Festival at Twinwood Airfield, the last place anyone saw Miller alive.

So, the biggest festival of jazz, swing and anything WW2 took place with everyone in 1940's clothes and dancing, shows, military vehicles, re-enactments, radio broadcasts as they were originally heard, plus bands all weekend headlined by Glenn's nephew, John. If you're a fan of the music, the time period or both it was the place to be this weekend.

Their official photographer couldn't make it so we were there. Lots of pics of the weekend at our site but here are a few to give you lot a giggle, since we were asked by the organisers to dress for the occasion;

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

[This message has been edited by Phill Phree (edited 08-29-2005 @ 07:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-29-05 07:23 PM ET (US)     1 / 64  
Do you appear in those pics?

"Hero" Mero
Roggan? Anonymous Ancient Villager
tcartaoe@yahoo.com

Age of Empires Heaven - AoE Cartography Workshop
posted 08-29-05 07:49 PM ET (US)     2 / 64  
Yes, it's me and Noel, the N in NSL.

posted 08-29-05 09:57 PM ET (US)     3 / 64  
We were going to go to the Minnesota State Fair, but decided against it.

Edit:Who's that kid in the last pic?

[This message has been edited by Fudgy (edited 08-29-2005 @ 10:01 PM).]

posted 08-30-05 02:20 AM ET (US)     4 / 64  
Fab pics

Fudgy, I assume the kid is Noel's daughter?

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 08-30-05 02:45 AM ET (US)     5 / 64  
Yes, Destiny. She's 3.

posted 08-30-05 04:05 AM ET (US)     6 / 64  
w00t! Phill without sunglasses, this is a first, guys

*Edit* That truck was on Phills birthday photo as well, remember??

Don't fear
Drink Beer!

[This message has been edited by Bismarck (edited 08-30-2005 @ 04:06 AM).]

posted 08-30-05 04:32 AM ET (US)     7 / 64  
Phill really makes quite a presence as an RAF officer doesn't he?

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 08-30-05 02:49 PM ET (US)     8 / 64  
Nice pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun.

One day (I think it was Saturday) I was in a swimming pool with my friend. Was a lot of fun, until...

uh, I might better not post the rest.

On the other day I didn't do anything. ;l

While sausages are tasty, you might cut your finger with that pencil over there.
posted 08-30-05 02:51 PM ET (US)     9 / 64  
Either a:

You almost drowned and your friend had to get help or b:

You guys did something somewhat appropriate only for OD.

Either way, I don't want to know

[This message has been edited by Fudgy (edited 08-30-2005 @ 02:52 PM).]

posted 08-30-05 03:57 PM ET (US)     10 / 64  
I was at a spontaneous party saturday and went to Billard Café on Sunday. That's pretty much what my weekends are like

We don't like discos so we mainly stay at someone's house or go to BC. There was a time when we were so often at BC that each time we came they gave us all 2 or 3 drinks for free

Nanaki from the super heroes

When you play with fire you must anticipate some burns.
Chasing for desire is just a different way to learn! Kamelot - III Ways To Epica
posted 08-31-05 04:36 AM ET (US)     11 / 64  
What's BC?

GlobalChimp
I don't cry. But my guitar does.
posted 08-31-05 04:46 AM ET (US)     12 / 64  
BC = Billard Café. A place where you can play Billard (8-ball I think, like snooker but with smaller tables and other rules ) There is good music, most times (which means rock/metal or oldies for me).

Nanaki from the super heroes

When you play with fire you must anticipate some burns.
Chasing for desire is just a different way to learn! Kamelot - III Ways To Epica
posted 08-31-05 05:48 AM ET (US)     13 / 64  
Fudgy what's OD?

While sausages are tasty, you might cut your finger with that pencil over there.
posted 08-31-05 02:51 PM ET (US)     14 / 64  
Outside Discussions, a part of Heavengames where it is slightly more chaotic.
posted 09-01-05 12:05 PM ET (US)     15 / 64  
I can't remember what I did this weekend. Seriously.

After thinking hard, I remembered I was at a party that was busted by the cops because about 40 thugs showed up at the door and starting pretty well knocking it down.

The moral is that if you can't remember what you did, you were probably at a party. Therefore parties and the enjoyables at parties ruin your memory, kids. Don't do drugs.

Her Majesty, Queen Hatshepsut
All hail Canada!
AoEH |AoMH |8-bit Theatre
We love all of our friends up there in that barren, freezing, moose-infested wasteland. Really.
Courtesy of Joecool1
posted 09-03-05 04:32 AM ET (US)     16 / 64  

Quote:

BC = Billard Café. A place where you can play Billard (8-ball I think, like snooker but with smaller tables and other rules ) There is good music, most times (which means rock/metal or oldies for me).

Ah yea that's fun. I think billiard, snooker and 8-ball (pool as we call it), are all different things tho. I only play 8-ball . The rest is too hard for me :P

GlobalChimp
I don't cry. But my guitar does.
posted 09-03-05 05:56 AM ET (US)     17 / 64  
Well it's saterday over here and all I really did of interest today was deliver some pamphlets. And last weekend I was working on a graphics project all weekend and it got a merit. Yeah.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 09-04-05 05:16 PM ET (US)     18 / 64  
I stayed at a friend's house from Friday to today. It was a lot of fun.

My friend's mum has a new boyfriend. That guy is so uber-cool.

A steady source of bear is always nice. ^_^

Well, we did the basic things. Swim in the sea, play soccer, cycle, annoy my friend's mum and play cards.

Weird. When playing cards, I won almost all games yesterday, while today I lost most of the time. I always seem to have phases of luck.

posted 09-05-05 11:22 PM ET (US)     19 / 64  
Moved into the best undergrad university in Canada, to Plessis (plessy) house. Wooo.

Plessis panthers number one, we've got campus on the run!

My mind is a fog of the last two days, I'm so freaking tired and overstimulated.

Her Majesty, Queen Hatshepsut
All hail Canada!
AoEH |AoMH |8-bit Theatre
We love all of our friends up there in that barren, freezing, moose-infested wasteland. Really.
Courtesy of Joecool1
posted 09-06-05 01:15 AM ET (US)     20 / 64  
I went snowboarding on the Great Sand Dunes. I got this snowboard I found in a dumpster, went up the tallest dune, and started off. At this point, I hadn't touched a snowboard in 2 or 3 years, since skiing is better. But boarding the dunes was amazing. Like nothing else on Earth.

What do you get when you gobble down sweets?
Eating as much as an elephant eats?
What are you at getting terribly fat?
What do you think will come of that?
"Actually, my foreskin was stuck at the point where the pink bulb starts, and they cut it free."-Stroke
"Tonight, I pulled it back a bit too far and the opening of my foreskin is stuck beneath the head of my penis." -Pears
posted 09-06-05 12:38 PM ET (US)     21 / 64  
I was at a friend's (who lives across the road) 18th birthday party. Given it was also a looking forward to university party and a 'Yay, we can legally drink' party, you can guess the mess we made and the state of the house. We ended up with a rolling pin behind the sofa, a bucket full of water bombs, a whellbarrow full of used spirit and wine bottles and a paddling pool full of beer bottles.

Alas I lack the enzyme that allows me to drink and so was left sober at 3 in the morning around a bunch of sleepy, drunken teenagers.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 09-06-05 03:37 PM ET (US)     22 / 64  
I got a purple golf and started learning how to drive. Almost drove into the river.

Czech Centurian
"Most Checks are written, I'm a Czech that was born."

Save Water, Drink Beer

posted 09-10-05 11:31 PM ET (US)     23 / 64  

Quote:

Outside Discussions, a part of Heavengames where it is slightly more chaotic.

Heh... there's a few REALLY strange people over there...

Anyway... this weekend, I'm relaxing after having many tests and assignments all dumped together in the first week back after the holidays!!! Argh! But it's over now, that's the main thing. So yeah, I'm just hanging out with friends, and doing pretty much stuff-all.

- babylonX
posted 09-18-05 07:45 PM ET (US)     24 / 64  
Well this weekend I toured a Australian ship thats in habour right now. Then on sunday morning I attended a Battle of Britain parade. Fortunately I didn't faint this year.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 09-18-05 11:08 PM ET (US)     25 / 64  
Well, it's technically not the weekend anymore... but it sort of is still for us students in Christchurch, because uni's out for the day. (Due to snow!!! Weird time for it in mid September, but I'm not complaining! Great fun!!! )

- babylonX

[This message has been edited by babylonX (edited 09-18-2005 @ 11:09 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Veni, Vidi, Vici » What did you do this weekend?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames