Veni, Vidi, Vici
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Happy 10th Birthday to Heavengames and AoEH
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 05-13-07 09:44 PM ET (US)   
Ok, as promised on the news page here is the thread for posting your best wishes to the HG crew. Please observe the rules - one post per person, where you can wish everyone well and maybe say a little about what HG has meant to you over the years, so make sure you say all you want to in that. Do not abuse this rule under any circumstances whatsoever, we don't want to have to hand out short bans or anything, so respect the spirit of this thread. You may, however, edit your post if you think of anything to add.

Ok, it's midnight GMT and it's time to say welcome to the 15th of May. Ten Years On.

Have fun.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

[This message has been edited by Phill Phree (edited 05-14-2007 @ 06:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-14-07 06:58 PM ET (US)     1 / 153  
Happy Birthday HG!

Just a few things to say, where did I start on HG? I remember starting on HG looking for cheats for Pharaoh in 05. I then discovered Rome Total War (after playing the dirge that is EE2) and started looking for help on campaigns and the like at RTWH. I eventually discovered the forums and spent a lot of time lurking until I finally joined on the 27/12/05. I started posting then got addicted, coming there for the community as well as the gaming talks. Learning to Mod RTW was the next step of my involvement in the heaven, asking for help and advice and eventually making a few mods of my own.

I feel I am now a solid member of the community there and my computing knowledge, amongst other things, has improved vastly from the time I've spent here and the people I've met.

10 years... Wow. HG has survived for a very long time and hopefully will survive longer.

I have visited other heavens and some are better than others, and I've visited other sites but none beats HG.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Marcus Orentius (edited 05-14-2007 @ 07:04 PM).]

posted 05-14-07 07:06 PM ET (US)     2 / 153  
Felicitations!

I have an exam in a few hours, so *placeholder*

★★★★★
posted 05-14-07 07:11 PM ET (US)     3 / 153  
posted 05-14-07 07:11 PM ET (US)     4 / 153  
I've been here two years now and have enjoyed every minute. It's been a long fun road I hope for the owners . 10 years is a lengthy time for any fan site, so congratulations and here's to another 10 years!

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 05-14-07 07:15 PM ET (US)     5 / 153  
Happy 10th Birthday to Heavengames and AoEH!

I really have come to appreciate of the hard work that continues in this mostly volunteer fan site. Thanks, keep up the good work

posted 05-14-07 07:26 PM ET (US)     6 / 153  
10 years... wow. It's amazing we're doing so well.

I've been here for a bit less than two years but I've had a great time climbing through the ranks and getting to know so many new people. All in all, it's been a fantastic experience.

Thanks to all the past and present staffers and visitors who have made the site what it is today. I'd like to specially thank the Vandhaal, jml, Angel Anastasia, One_Dead_Angel, Zen, and DWIEEB for showing their support throughtout the time and helping me who I am today. Then I'd like to thank Zen, Jayhawk, Spiney, and Pecunia for their continued work among everyone else who has contributed in some way.

Here's to many more.

posted 05-14-07 07:26 PM ET (US)     7 / 153  
Happy tenth birthday.
I confess I have never posted in anything other than community forums, though reading the Mod anouncements is fun.

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it"-unknown
posted 05-14-07 07:27 PM ET (US)     8 / 153  
Happy birthday heavengames! 10 years thats a long time :S you guys were here when I was seven. Anyways I've been here almost three years now and haven't had anything but good times. Phil and all the guys over at EEH have been doing a great job and even though they don't post that often over there you know they can be found when somebody needs to be banned Thanks also to the guys over at SWGB for loads of good times as well. I think of more to add later probably.

The whole sea was ours, and, with all the gates of the horizon open, real peace and freedom were wafted down from the firmament itself. It was as though the fresh salt tang in the air, and all the blue purity that surrounded us had washed and cleansed both body and soul.
posted 05-14-07 07:43 PM ET (US)     9 / 153  
Wow, 10 years. Happy Birthday HG!

I still remember coming here because I wanted to learn how to make better scenarios in AoK, then I found AoE3. Good times, good times...

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 05-14-07 07:50 PM ET (US)     10 / 153  
10 years is a long time. May HG last to 100!

Appropietly, I came to HG first through AoE heaven. I didn't register until about two years ago, but I read the forums occasionally for almost five years before then. HG has been an awesome place for me. I still have yet to find a more enjoyable place to play forum mafia.

Ah... the good days. In thirty years I hope I look back fondly at my time as a HG forumer. And I'm sure I shall.

Dagorhir Battlegames-- A full contact medieval combat battle game

Varangia-- A viking unit in the Aratari chapter of Dagorhir

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
posted 05-14-07 07:54 PM ET (US)     11 / 153  
I've only been registered for almost a year now, but it feels like so much more...
HG has been great for me, I've made plenty of online friends, learned plenty of things, and was finally convinced to get MSN.

To another 10!
*clinks glass*

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 05-14-07 08:11 PM ET (US)     12 / 153  
Ah the memories - the great brawls, the marriage threads - I'm still sorry I never asked Sara to marry me but that insane alter ego of hers scared me - the discussions about setting up our own when it seemed AoEH was dead - every time Zen dropped in with his name in fiery red gave me a jolt. Been a great time. Up to the next ten years.

peter
posted 05-14-07 08:51 PM ET (US)     13 / 153  
Happy Birthday Heavengames! I don't know how I was lead to this site, but I've enjoyed all the fun times I've had here. By far the best internet community out there! As Stonewall said, here's to another 10 years!
posted 05-14-07 09:02 PM ET (US)     14 / 153  
I owe a surprising amount of who I am to HeavenGames. I first signed up as a smart arsed 13 year old kid with a superiority complex and a distinct lack of grammar, and in the almost two and a half years I've been here I've become a still somewhat smart-arsed and reasonably level headed young man. I've learnt many things here, from debating skills, to learning to type quickly and correctly, to various things about the world which were better to discover online rather than in person.

I learnt how to cope with others, people who don't agree with me or people who dislike me. A lot of it came from maturing, but some of it also came HeavenGames. I've met friends here, who I've gone on to meet in real life. I speak to one of these friends on Skype for at least five hours a day, four days a week.

I wish all the best to the staff who run these sites and the people that populate them. If it weren't for you, I'd imagine I'd probably be a worse person than I am now.

Cheers, and here's to a few more years.

< Jarrod Nelson>
Nelson looks good in his pics - Gaurdian_112
Wow, Nelson's awfully cute... - HP Lovesauce
Thanks for ruining something that I've waited over 6 years for. - Redneck93
It might be a bit of an odd moment to say so, but I still think Nelson's smile is awesome. - Hnossa
THIS SIGNATURE IS A TESTAMENT TO MY VANITY
posted 05-14-07 09:03 PM ET (US)     15 / 153  
I've only been registered for almost a year now, but it feels like so much more...
Ditto for me, dude.

I came here originally looking for strategies for AoM. I got plenty of them in their awesome Strategy Central section, but never really posted. Then, I saw the link on the side of the screen for BFME2H. I said to myself, "Hey, I heard they're coming out with a sequel, and I like the first one." So I jetted over there, and registered that same night. I posted there for about 3 months, not really going anywhere else. Then, a friend of mine got AoE3. I checked out the appropriate heaven, and liked the game, so I started posting at that heaven. However, after a summer of posting there, I decided to return to my friends at BFME2H. I never felt quite as welcome at AoE3H because the community was so much larger, so I just ended up reading most of the strategy threads and not posting much. Battle For Middle-Earth was a different story. I know like everyone there, and am one of the most active posters there, but I hardly ever play the game. That's how good the community is.

So, here's to everyone over there at BFME2H and everyone in HG in general! You've all been great to me.

Let me issue a special thanks to Kester, Aeneas2, Lady Arcola, EoJ, Sir Were, GandalfdaGraay, Sir Hugh, Smeagolfan24, Cabatre, Yamato Take, Suicidal Scotsman, Franey_rules, and last, but certainly not least, my political opponant, TaylorFlame! I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch of people and will surely be back to edit this so as to include them

Smoke Rings Award Winner
Chill with me.
posted 05-14-07 09:10 PM ET (US)     16 / 153  
I've been visiting HG regularly for 2 and a half or so years now, and every moment has been great. I've met so many interesting people, people I can actually call 'friends'. One of my favorite things is meeting people from all over the world.

I've learned so many new things from my travels here, things that I will never forget. Things that extend outside of just game playing, but real life skills. Programming, for one. Also, how to handle people. If I hadn't picked this skill up from my time being here, I may of never become a Seraph. Before I came here, my gramzor suked. Now, I've learned to spell things correctly, and write out my posts thoughtfully.

How did I get started here? I signed up at AoMH in late 2004. Was active in Scenario Design most of the time. When AoE3 came out, I went over to the respective heaven for a little bit, became active in the community. However, I went back to AoMH after a little while, and became staff shortly thereafter. I am still somewhat active at AoE3H and RoLH

Well, happy birthday, HeavenGames. To 10 more!

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.

[This message has been edited by PaPaya (edited 05-14-2007 @ 09:13 PM).]

posted 05-14-07 09:12 PM ET (US)     17 / 153  
Happy Birthday! I can’t believe it’s been around that long. I was 5 when this got up then, so it seems Stone Age old to me (people visited this with Windows 95s and dial-up? ). I haven’t been here long, but I hope it continues so that I can .

(\__/)Gambling is a tax on people who are bad at math
(O.o )a Kilometre is whats known in American as "too far to walk", and a litre is known as "too much beer for one man".-Bored Scotsman
( >< )Beer brands are the power ranger action figures for adults.-Angelo the Sailor
Easter is indeed very commercial. But hey, that's what keeps the economy going. Discussion is useless, chocolate eggs are delicious. Voila.-TheKid951
posted 05-14-07 09:16 PM ET (US)     18 / 153  
Happy Birthday HG!

I owe HG a lot. Especially the Saloon. Thanks to a rather unfortunate event there I learnt that I should be ashmed of who I am. I've learnt how to type quickly, I've impoved vastly upon my spelling an grammar (although it's still not perfect) and i've came across some extreamly intereasting people. I've learnt a lot and met a lot of people who I consider friends.

Sadly enough the best friend I have is a forummer i've never even met. Although that will change soon enough, if I last that long :P I honestly can't wait untill I meet Ken and, supprisingly enough, his girlfriend who i've spoken a lot to.

Heavengames is an honest testament to the fact that you don't need to meet somebody for them to change you life and become a true friend. It's places like this that can effect your outlook on life without you even realising it.

Thank you HG.

Ninja Beagle
"My weenie is beautiful." - Doikie
"Is it just me, or does beagle need neutering?" - Yakcamkir
posted 05-14-07 09:30 PM ET (US)     19 / 153  
Happy Birthday HG, its great to see you've been around for ten years, I have been around, scince I think 2005, but on a different user name. I wanted to say, that I love this site, and everyone on here is great! Im glad we have these forums to, and all of these guides, and great online community, To HeavenGames, *cheers* Thanks HG, for everything! It will probably be around for another 10 years, with all of the loyal forumers

~Living in Heaven Scince 2006~
No longer a stupid Freshmen - Now a foolish Sophmore
posted 05-14-07 09:43 PM ET (US)     20 / 153  
Happy Birthday

Zen
posted 05-14-07 09:56 PM ET (US)     21 / 153  
I've been here nearly three years, I was a former staff member. Pleased to meet you.
posted 05-14-07 09:59 PM ET (US)     22 / 153  
I have only been here for about five months, but I have been downloading things for many years off of HG. It is the easiest site for me. You don't have to register to download, you don't have to pay like on gamespot or gamespy etc. Thanks alot for your effort.

Friend of Rome

Its hard for me to remember my age, since it changes every year.
posted 05-14-07 10:03 PM ET (US)     23 / 153  
LONG LIVE HEAVENGAMES, AGE OF EMPIRES HEAVEN AND HIS FORUMERS, MODERATORS, REVIEWERS, AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!

"Hero" Mero
Roggan? Anonymous Ancient Villager
tcartaoe@yahoo.com

Age of Empires Heaven - AoE Cartography Workshop
posted 05-14-07 10:05 PM ET (US)     24 / 153  
I originally came to Heaven Games almost 2 years ago wanting to learn more about Stronghold & Stronghold 2 after seeing an air traffic controller playing a castle game on a PC at work. (I know, he should have been doing his job. ) He was nice enough to actually download the demos to my flash drive for me while I went on flight with my dad. I soon found Stronghold Crusader at Walmart and ended up back at Heaven Games to download maps. After spying the forums and reading a bit, I joined and eventually became a regular forumer.

After one of the best Seraphs ever (Kester) left Stronghold Heaven to start BFME2H, I followed and eventually got that game too. I now actively forum in SHH, BFME2H and visit TWH, HWH, and HG Main Forums.

HG has become an online home and I have met many wonderful people here. Thank you, everyone, who forums and helps the Heavens, but special thanks to active Stronghold and Battle for Middle Earth 2 forummers who I know the best.

Long live Heaven Games!

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 05-14-07 10:13 PM ET (US)     25 / 153  
I've been here for nearly two years now and I'll enjoyed every minute of it. Best wishes to everyone at HG, but especially the forumers and staff of BFME2H; you guys rock.

Happy Birthday HG! Hopefully you (and I ) will be around for another 10.

Aeneas l BFME2 Heaven l WiC Heaven
"The most important thing is to remember to have fun! After all, what else could be the point of nuking your friends?" - Cheesewiz
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Veni, Vidi, Vici » Happy 10th Birthday to Heavengames and AoEH
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames