Veni, Vidi, Vici
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HeavenGames Wikipedia
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-22-07 04:00 AM ET (US)   
I was Looking Across Wikipedia And Typed In HG it had nothing and since were trying to get the word out about HG why don't we have a Wikipedia Page.HeavenGames, a network of computer gaming websites that is all it say surley we can do better than that.

|||
|Black Machismo|
|HG's Most Immature Member.|
|||

[This message has been edited by Nandodude (edited 10-22-2007 @ 04:01 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-22-07 04:41 AM ET (US)     1 / 39  
We did have a page but it get eased after the Wiki Admins decided it wasn't important enough to fix it all up. From what I hear it got vandalized which lead to it's downfall. Something like this probably would be better dealt with by the new Marketing/PR and in fact it is something that is being discussed by the staff. I'll be sure to point a link to this thread so they can read themselves.

My advise for now though is hold fire.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 10-22-07 05:07 AM ET (US)     2 / 39  
Much of the articles about HG and AoEH was written by forum members or staff - by people who either had a gripe with HG or by regular fans. In such cases Wikipedia admins and editors soon feel that the article either truly neutral (Neutral Point of View, always a cause for grave concern with amateur writers). Another thing might be that they felt HG just isn't big enough. GameSpot and GameFaqs attract many more people (in spite of the gamefaqs forums dating from the Old Stone Age or thereabouts, they don't even have smiley graphics - yes, I suppose the HG staff should reconsider their marketing and public relations strategy if a website with only rudimentary forums can beat them).
posted 10-22-07 05:37 AM ET (US)     3 / 39  
So Peter Your Saying It Can Be Done.So You Guys Will Review It?.

|||
|Black Machismo|
|||
posted 10-22-07 07:15 AM ET (US)     4 / 39  
We're not the staff of Wikipedia, Nando, we got nothing to say there. So, no, don't waste your time by starting an article there, your chances that it will stay are as good as the chances of a villager against a fully upgraded armored elephant.
posted 10-22-07 08:08 AM ET (US)     5 / 39  
Just echoing what these guys said: leave Wiki to PR

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 10-22-07 12:02 PM ET (US)     6 / 39  
I dislike the system that wikipedia uses to decide whether an article deserves to stick or not, and I doubt I'm alone with that sentiment.

I can't be the only one who has checked out the discussion of various topics and found that the people judging whether or not to keep the articles don't know anything about what they're talking about. There's sometimes a huge subculture behind one little article.

what
posted 10-22-07 12:32 PM ET (US)     7 / 39  
Definitely. Still, you don't want to know how many people from companies start articles about their company as a form of free advertisement - don't forget that the Wiki linking system makes for very good scores in Google. And when I'm very honest, HG does look as if it's a private company (true) that's there to make pots of money and is well tamed by the gaming industry.
And I remember that when the HG article was there, part of it was a rant about the staff who were all consumed by a power complex and censored about every word you wrote.

edit loss of start

[This message has been edited by peter (edited 10-22-2007 @ 12:34 PM).]

posted 10-22-07 02:20 PM ET (US)     8 / 39  
We did have one, an oversized bloated version, and a more streamlined, precise one. Funny enough, the streamlined one sucked harder, and the whole thing got deleted.

Plus, random forummers vandalised it. I once went on there, and it said 'YAMATO TAKE OWNS YOUR LIFE'
posted 10-22-07 03:10 PM ET (US)     9 / 39  
Not necessarily forumers. Could be any anonymous person trying to be funny. Anyway, Wikipedia isn't that important really.
posted 10-23-07 00:16 AM ET (US)     10 / 39  
@Peter It Was Only A Suggestion And so we did have one and it got vandelised interesting.

|||
|Black Machismo|
|||
posted 10-23-07 08:16 AM ET (US)     11 / 39  
There's sometimes a huge subculture behind one little article.
Including things like, er, stoves

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 10-23-07 08:48 AM ET (US)     12 / 39  
@Queeny: If you hate the English system (which I'm not very familiar with) be glad you don't know the Dutch one.
posted 10-23-07 11:32 AM ET (US)     13 / 39  
Stoves? Stoves? You mean stoves have a bigger subculture than the Kuchi people? Wow.

The Dutch one, eh? Yeah, it probably is better that I'm only seeing the English one, which by numbers have more people watching over it.

sometimes I think that encyclopedia dramatica has a more accurate take

what
posted 10-23-07 12:08 PM ET (US)     14 / 39  
Drat, I thought I missed something there, what have stoves to do with it? I'm clueless here.
posted 10-23-07 11:20 PM ET (US)     15 / 39  
But we all know that the real question is Why isn't there an Uncyclopedia article on Heavengames?]/i]
posted 10-24-07 03:44 AM ET (US)     16 / 39  
And I remember that when the HG article was there, part of it was a rant about the staff who were all consumed by a power complex and censored about every word you wrote.
Right. If I remember correctly, there was even a topic about Legion's exploits.
posted 10-24-07 06:27 PM ET (US)     17 / 39  
Oh, sorry peter, I was just responsing to the Doc.

what
posted 11-02-07 11:45 PM ET (US)     18 / 39  
Wikipedia is not a be all and end all of human knowledge. There's no reason why we should care too much if we aren't on Wikipedia. A lot of the stuff on less academic aspects of Wikipedia (eg. Final Fantasy) would probably not make it into any print encyclopaedia, let alone be one of the best written articles.

The selection can be quite artificial sometimes, if a group of admins feel in a sour mood against the HeavenGames page, it gets deleted. I would avoid opening the can of worms.

Heck even the article on this site, Age of Empires Heaven got deleted a few months back.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 11-05-07 01:41 AM ET (US)     19 / 39  
Why is this so important? It will get deleted at some point or vandalised, like the AoM page I edited it all cause someone put spam on there.

<3
posted 11-05-07 01:56 AM ET (US)     20 / 39  
well it might boost our popularity

|||
|Black Machismo|
|||
posted 11-05-07 02:17 AM ET (US)     21 / 39  
Not if it gets vandalized and deleted. In fact that would decrease our popularity and annoy PR.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
posted 11-05-07 02:22 AM ET (US)     22 / 39  
well can't they lock it or something
let jimmy wales sort it out

|||
|Black Machismo|
|||
posted 11-05-07 02:31 AM ET (US)     23 / 39  
The Wiki Admins are already against us. The staff are against doing anything as they will just delete it.

The Dark Archer

posted 11-05-07 02:42 AM ET (US)     24 / 39  
Why do they hate you, its probably because HG is bigger than they will ever be!

I say we nuke Wiki

[This message has been edited by EpIc CoMmandeR (edited 11-05-2007 @ 02:43 AM).]

posted 11-05-07 02:50 AM ET (US)     25 / 39  
EDITED

<3

[This message has been edited by Nanodude (edited 11-05-2007 @ 02:51 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Veni, Vidi, Vici » HeavenGames Wikipedia
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames