You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Finally. Showing off my Sand Dunes trick.
posted 02-10-00 04:13 PM ET (US)   
Ya por final. I now get to show off my most succesful Sand Dunes trick.

Here's how you make it. Start on a blank desert surface; that which has no rocks or trees or is not too near water. On the unit menu bar, go to the tab which you use to assign an appropriate player for its units and then click "Gaia." Then on the units tab, scroll down to where you can find three types of Terrain cracks.

Select a terrain crack of one kind and then move the cursor onto the cleared area on the map. Click repeatedly and make a pattern of Terrain cracks untill you get a neat looking dune. Don't be messy by leaving too large spaces between the cracks, or your dune will not look so good.

With all three kinds of terrain cracks, you can make a cool dune desert, like this one.

Wonder how my pic lasts with Angelfire.

There is also a special template to use with these dunes. It is a large, sized map. You can get it here; at this thread.

The file's URL is:

http://lordz.com/aoe2/downloads/sand_dunes.zip

(Oh well, guess I have to use the link at Ghost2000's site.)

NOTE: This template is for RoR only! SCX format.

Reminder: When attempting to use sand dunes, please use them as wisely as possible; using them too much may cause your scenario to take up much memory. That is the way with my template. If you don't want sand dunes in a certain area, just DROWN THEM, in other words; replace the duned area with water terrain and then lay some other terrain on it, like grass or plain desert.

[This message has been edited by Agamemmnon (edited 02-10-2000).]

Replies:
posted 02-12-00 10:53 AM ET (US)     1 / 7  
Looks sharp.

Have to agree that "drowning" is the best way to erase things. Gets those pesky invisible demons, moved shallows tiles, etc. like nothing else.

posted 02-22-00 03:43 PM ET (US)     2 / 7  
Looks very cool! I'll have to try that sometime! :-)

Quasi-newbie,

Scarlet

------------------
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

posted 02-22-00 04:09 PM ET (US)     3 / 7  
Thank you junior-member Scarlet and Eliakases!
posted 02-22-00 05:23 PM ET (US)     4 / 7  
GREAT!

Do you use different altitudes?

------------------

posted 02-23-00 07:13 PM ET (US)     5 / 7  
Different altitudes?

It may add some feel to the sand dunes, but it won't make a cool difference in how they look.

THE LINK FROM MY SAND DUNES TEMPLATE AND HERO 12 TEMPLATE AT THE GRANARY HAS NOW BEEN FIXED!

posted 07-27-00 10:01 PM ET (US)     6 / 7  
For the next generation.
posted 07-27-00 11:00 PM ET (US)     7 / 7  
It looks ok. its mostly just disorienting. Maybe in small area's or in just some parts, but I have found that trick difficult to use in my scn making, to where I think it looks good. it also adds lag to your gameplay if there's too much of it.

------------------
"Great minds have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Finally. Showing off my Sand Dunes trick.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames