Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sumerian campaign
posted 03-20-04 06:19 PM ET (US)   
Does anyone know where can I find a good, easy to read and not too long explanation about the Sumerian epic pohem of Gilgamesh? I'd like to make an AoE campaign upon it, but first I have to have a good knowledge of the pohem. If I'm not wrong, the writer's name should be Shin-Eqi Unninni or something similar (indeed the first author we know by name in history!)

Can you help me?

Replies:
posted 03-20-04 06:24 PM ET (US)     1 / 11  
Sorry, no idea. However, I seem to remember having a book on the subject and I'll take a look.

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 03-24-04 06:23 PM ET (US)     2 / 11  
http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/MESO/GILG.HTM

That's quite good, isn't it?
I think there's enough to start designing something...

posted 03-26-04 03:37 PM ET (US)     3 / 11  
I read Gilglamesh ages ago... maybe last year... hmmm
posted 04-01-04 12:02 PM ET (US)     4 / 11  
It could be really interesting, since few peoples used the Sumerian civ into a campaign.

Anyway I don't know when I shall start to work upon it.

posted 04-01-04 11:28 PM ET (US)     5 / 11  
Sumerians are neglected as an RM, DM and campgin civ. except if ur tool rushing.
posted 04-03-04 07:36 PM ET (US)     6 / 11  
<i>*hello from Minnesota*</i>

I once started doing a campaign based on Sumeria, but I didn't finish it....too difficult to make a good one, and besides now I've got a better project, I suppose.

Isn't Sumeria also rather good in DM, Dangrimm? I would expect so what with their super-great cats and all.

Joecool1-A fairly pitiful and temporary signature
Current Project:Dar Sarvastus, Wizard of Death
Scenario 4: Elves
Download the demo here.
posted 04-03-04 08:17 PM ET (US)     7 / 11  
I have still to document myself upon the topic, but I suppose that a Sumerian campaign should be mostly fictionary than historical, in fact the Sumerian writing system is still a mistery for us, so we don't know about specific events or battles. The Epic Pohem of Gilgamesh is what we best know about Sumerians, because it was transated also into Hittite Language. Ironically, it also appears to be the first pohem ever written.
posted 04-13-04 05:48 PM ET (US)     8 / 11  
I've documeted myself enough to conclude that a Sumerian campaign would be interesting but quite boring (IMO) because they never engaged foreign enemies, but their city-states simply skirmished against each other. Unfortunately this doesn't match with my ideal of an AoE campaign...

Weighting my choices - and following my will to design at least another campaign for this awesome website - I shall choose another subject. I was thinking about ancient India and the Gupta Dinasty. Is there in the Granary an Indian campaign?!?

posted 04-13-04 06:37 PM ET (US)     9 / 11  
A idian campagin has be done before. But there were some many differnt era's in the indai that you could do another.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Tropper/Funk.jpg[/img]
AKA FireLegion_56 @ AOEH

Lastest Project:Classified

posted 04-13-04 07:39 PM ET (US)     10 / 11  
Do you remember the name of that cpn?
posted 04-15-04 07:17 PM ET (US)     11 / 11  
Maybe you're talking about "The Mauryan Empire" by Rich Parker? Sorry, but I don't have the RoR expansion, so I can't enjoy it.
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Sumerian campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames