Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RM/DM files
posted 09-07-05 08:47 AM ET (US)   
Hi, this thread is under construction and should be update often. This topic is dedicate to RM/DM modifying AI files, I can't say actually if I'll check PER files too.

First release:
---------------

PERSIAN AI files updates v1.1 :

A third file has been include yesterday. The "PERSIAN AI files updates" correct a bug that didn't allowed to Persian CP to reach Iron Age. This is a little bit as a "patch" but you install the files manualy.

THEMES I WANT TO EXPERIMENT:
---------------------------------------

*Trade boats - a "YES!!!", a "Yes IF..." or a "Noooooo!! Mercy"?

---> It works, but there's a "if" due to pathfinding. Surely fun to lurks opponents' trading together!

*A second town center - a possible way to avoid stuck villis
and a better way to survival under siege??

---> I didn't experiment very much about that: it WORKS well, especialy when it was well place of course. I've seen any kind a stuffs gatherers dropping ressources there. I didn't tested what's happen if the first of the 2 Town Centers would be destroyed.

*A good economy with less than 30 villis - Is it possible?

*Is it possible that PER files are the files used for the difficulty levels in the settings of RM/DM games?

Me, Avenger and Hanz.

Tribulation Designs

[This message has been edited by Dark_Avenger (edited 10-17-2005 @ 11:49 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-07-05 09:40 AM ET (US)     1 / 8  
Trade Boats - YES!!!! I don't even know why isn't it included in the original AIs

2nd TC - 2nd TCs are built as simple buildings, and is the only dropsite whose location is controllable by a City Plan file. They only become the new main center (cty coordinate 0,0) if the main TC (the one the cp begins with) is destroyed. I don't think it would have anything to do with stuck villagers though

>30 villie economy - Possible, but you must count with as many things as possible, researches, their cost, etc. Also, a good city plan and a good personality CAN help to make the economy run smooth

Per is diff difference - It sure is, though the only diff. related item is the one that limits units LOS (I think - ReactionPercentage). The other changes between difficulties are likely to be hardcoded into the exe (to modify per files(?))

I don't know what this project is about, but I guess I'm interested

posted 09-08-05 03:39 AM ET (US)     2 / 8  
I want to know in RoR if units are queued.

So do you have to build a few villagers, build something else and build more villies or can you just tell the CP to queue 40 villies to start with? (say in DM Pop 200 games)

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 09-08-05 04:12 AM ET (US)     3 / 8  
AIs just build everything at once, for example if you tell them to research the wheel, nobility and metal working, they do it simultaneously. It's only when they don't have adequate buildings that they queue things, for example if you told them to research polytheism and mysticism they would do them one after the other.

Richard Wilde
rswilde01(at)gmail(dot)com
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
Review Thread - AoKH - GenieWiki
posted 10-15-05 11:13 PM ET (US)     4 / 8  
I think to dig into these experimentations for my own fun, and probably for my retirement, who knows... I rather designing for now.

I've add some findings into the thread.

Me, Avenger and Hanz.

Tribulation Designs

[This message has been edited by Dark_Avenger (edited 10-15-2005 @ 11:22 PM).]

posted 10-16-05 11:59 AM ET (US)     5 / 8  
I'd be glad to help in anything, just say something I can try
posted 10-17-05 06:49 AM ET (US)     6 / 8  
I have a off topic question. Can I make something to avoid that PC player build extra houses in some scns?

Me, Avenger and Hanz.

Tribulation Designs
posted 10-17-05 07:27 AM ET (US)     7 / 8  
I think there's an option in the per file called "don't autobuild houses" or something similiar. I'm not sure if it works though.

While sausages are tasty, you might cut your finger with that pencil over there.
posted 10-17-05 04:12 PM ET (US)     8 / 8  
Those 'Autobuild' numbers are indeed very reliable, at least for houses.

Richard Wilde
rswilde01(at)gmail(dot)com
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
Review Thread - AoKH - GenieWiki
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » RM/DM files
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames