You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Thank you for hitting me.
posted 06-18-09 00:11 AM ET (US)   
Guess what... I found a way to force allegiance by attacking someone...

Create an enemy Blind Lame Priest in front of a Barracks unit or something.

Enemy diplomacy is Neutral but turn Allied Victory on.
Your diplomacy is Ally, Allied Victory on.

In game, turn diplomacy to Enemy and attack.

I've been able to recreate this multiple times. I attack the priest, it begins to convert, then stops. I get two messages.

"blah blah blah Enemy."
"blah blah blah Ally."

This could be used in a scenario where you need to usurp power from someone important, but they're in a well guarded fortress and they are the only hittable unit that won't make you lose the game.

I think this is fantastic. If you can recreate it, post here. I want to make sure it's not only me.

After more testing, it happens much more frequently when using Slingers vs Blind Lame Priests. For some reason there is like a time frame in which it happens. I'll upload a scenario that it will always happen when I get down to the actual triggers of this glitch.

It happens 100% when there is 1 Slinger and 1 BLP in close proximity both on Stone Age, this results in you losing, but you do see the effect.

http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2220

So far I've got that going on. I am, however, unable to recreate the instance in which I didn't lose the game. I accidentally forgot to save the scenario I was making when I discovered it (nearly completed 3/4 of a Gigantic map built from scratch D: ).

--------------------------------------------

Sorry for making loads of scrambled add-ons, but I have succeeded in perfecting the system. A better way to ensure that it works.

Player 1, Neutral to 3, Ally to 2.
Player 2, Enemy to 1 and 3.
Player 3, Neutral to 1, Ally to 2.

Have Player 2 constantly attacking a Player 3 building or killing multiple Player 3 units.
Have Player 1 attack a Player 3 unit.
The second Player 3 Allies Player 1, ceasefire or get the final blow on Player 3's unit.
If Player 1 does not ceasefire or kill the unit in time, the glitch is ruined.
If Player 1 OneHitKO's Player 3's unit, the glitch will not work. Axemen/Slinger vs Blind Lame Priest works best.

[/Your Reign]
Take that, Player 2!

[This message has been edited by Axoren (edited 06-18-2009 @ 01:16 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-18-09 02:40 AM ET (US)     1 / 10  
Yes, neutral causes AI to behave a bit odd when attacked. I tried to use it to make a player kill the leader of a city and then simply have the city conquered.
So far I've got that going on. I am, however, unable to recreate the instance in which I didn't lose the game. I accidentally forgot to save the scenario I was making when I discovered it (nearly completed 3/4 of a Gigantic map built from scratch D: ).
That sucks.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 06-18-09 10:59 AM ET (US)     2 / 10  
I am slightly confused, but once your upload is approved, I'll see it for myself. You don't mind if I use this, do you? I have an upcoming puzzle scenario that would benefit from this trick.

| The Slave Pits (4.8) MMC 1st Place | The Fate of Inraya Teaser (4.5) | The Parting Gift | Computer Wars Pack |
"Never experienced any of his revolutionary scenarios, but dang if he isn't charismatic when he speaks!" -Aro
Voted AoEH's Most Helpful Forumer 2009!

Ninetails, of all the forumers you seen to have the inabillity to feel hate against your fellow man. A noble trait, treasure it. -Gumble
posted 06-18-09 01:24 PM ET (US)     3 / 10  
Go ahead.

I'll upload a better version when it's approved.

Go by the final explanation until I upload my scenario. The one that's currently uploaded is the one that always ends in defeat.

[/Your Reign]
Take that, Player 2!

[This message has been edited by Axoren (edited 06-18-2009 @ 01:30 PM).]

posted 06-18-09 10:32 PM ET (US)     4 / 10  
It's been approved now.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 06-18-09 10:34 PM ET (US)     5 / 10  
Just updated it.

You can actually have Player 1 start as an Ally, place an Axeman next to the BLP and change to Neutral and it will still work.

This glitch works as long as Player 2 is attacking Player 3, so you could use the 4th Enhanced Editor to super-impose LOADS of Government Centers in a desolate corner of the map and have a random archer firing at it forever and ever.

That 1 unit per pixel stuff the Composite Editor will make you waste a bit of space.

[/Your Reign]
Take that, Player 2!

[This message has been edited by Axoren (edited 06-18-2009 @ 10:44 PM).]

posted 06-19-09 00:12 AM ET (US)     6 / 10  
Ignore this post.

"Mrcheeze your genius but not quite a Gumble-kind-of genius." - Gumble
"We're all friendly here except MrCheeze but he means well" - Ninetales (Not exact words)
"Gumble has no words for you, you’re boring now. -underrated- that’s a joke, Gumble is OVERSTATED." - Gumble
(Not even sure what he was saying there)
posted 06-20-09 02:19 PM ET (US)     7 / 10  
Anyone do anything magical with this?

[/Your Reign]
Take that, Player 2!
posted 06-21-09 06:04 PM ET (US)     8 / 10  
Okay, I've added it to my puzzle scenario and it's a really creative implementation! Thanks for sharing!

| The Slave Pits (4.8) MMC 1st Place | The Fate of Inraya Teaser (4.5) | The Parting Gift | Computer Wars Pack |
"Never experienced any of his revolutionary scenarios, but dang if he isn't charismatic when he speaks!" -Aro
Voted AoEH's Most Helpful Forumer 2009!

Ninetails, of all the forumers you seen to have the inabillity to feel hate against your fellow man. A noble trait, treasure it. -Gumble
posted 06-22-09 10:50 AM ET (US)     9 / 10  
posted 06-22-09 03:02 PM ET (US)     10 / 10  
It works definitely on Moderate. I suggest giving your Player 2 and Player 3 a PER file that ignores Easiest and Easy Strategy Scaling:

218 //SNEasiestReactionPercentage
219 //SNEasierReactionPercentage

http://aoe.heavengames.com/siege/AIandPER/PerFilesPhill.shtml

As for what Tails said, I want to be the first to try it

[/Your Reign]
Take that, Player 2!
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Thank you for hitting me.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames