Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Egypt_Mod
posted 07-10-99 04:08 AM ET (US)   
Here are some images of an Egypt modpack I have created. Please tell me what you think.

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

I plan to include another wonder that will be the Great Sphinx but I don't have any time at the moment so I will have to include it at another time.

Also, after getting the idea from Ronin in an earlier post I tried replacing the axeman sequences with Hero Jason however I had some problems - for some reason the action(fighting) frames do not replace the axe's when being installed using the mod batch file....it has to be manually inserted using the SLP studio program so this will not be included in the modpack unless it is fixed.

[This message has been edited by Sir_Apollo (edited 07-10-99).]

Replies:
posted 07-10-99 06:35 AM ET (US)     1 / 11  
They look great Sir_Apollo. I remember ages ago (probably not on this forum). Someone just extracted those extra graphics outta the SLP files (the ones that don't get used in there for some reason) and passed it off as their own work. It's great to see something else original The Government center looks great. What graphics is replaced by the two obelisk thingies at the city's gate?

------------------
Josh the Great
Zone Name: APC_Josh_TG

posted 07-10-99 10:52 AM ET (US)     2 / 11  
tower
posted 07-11-99 02:26 AM ET (US)     3 / 11  
The obelsik replaces the Asian Medium Corner Wall and is used as a Gaia object. It has stages of destruction as can be seen in the images

I have created the modpack using my own images and some alraedy contained in the slp files. The white Wonder and TC were alrady contained in the graphics files, however I have altered the Wonder a little...it now has civ colours and has been centered to fit correctly within its physical boundries, some small graphical changes have also been made.

Here is whats been changed:
TC
Egypt Wonder - White Wonder
Iron GovCentre
Iron Temple
Asian Wonder - Grey Wonder
Babylonian Wonder - Step Pyramid
Asian Temple - Egypt Temple
Asian GovCentre - Small white Pyramid
Asian Med wall - Obelisk
Stone Paths

posted 07-11-99 12:16 PM ET (US)     4 / 11  
Looks good! I love the obelisk things and the idea of having the town center (I assume they're town centers) on grass instead of dirt. Is it going to be online anytime soon?
posted 07-13-99 03:34 AM ET (US)     5 / 11  
I will post the modpack after I make a few small changes however you can e-mail me if you want to try it as it is now.

Also I would like someone to test out the axeman grapghics that have been replaced with heroJason. I have created a small modpack that does this but it does not replace all the sequences when I try it on my machine. If somebody is willing to test it out to see if it works on their machine and/or tell me what the problem might be that would be great.

My e-mail is:

patricklebon@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Sir_Apollo (edited 07-13-99).]

posted 07-13-99 01:11 PM ET (US)     6 / 11  
Just for my own fun, i have already replaced all the axeman sequences with Hero Jason. The sequences in Slpstudio that you need to replace are :

Graphic 226 replaces graphic 205
Graphic 342 replaces graphic 311
Graphic 444 replaces graphic 415
Graphic 686 replaces graphic 654

That replaces all the axeman sequences with hero jason sequences, except the dead axeman. There never was a sequence for a dead hero jason. Hope that helps!

posted 07-13-99 01:27 PM ET (US)     7 / 11  
And by the way, in the second screenshot, is that a dead cow i see laying by the temple
posted 07-13-99 02:03 PM ET (US)     8 / 11  
A few problems i think. It all looks great but especially with the Gov center its much larger but you cant edit the size aspect so if the Gov center is larger then dont units 'pass through' parts of the building? if not please tell me how you did it.
posted 07-13-99 05:58 PM ET (US)     9 / 11  
In your mod pack, will you make horse archers into camel archers. And will you change the sordman in to a arabian gard

[This message has been edited by riders_ghost (edited 07-13-99).]

posted 07-14-99 03:24 AM ET (US)     10 / 11  
Cherub
You are right I cannot change the physical aspects of the buildings so units do pass through the areas outside its actual size. However it still looks ok as it has been centred and only the edges can be passed through...the units will partially disapear when passing through the far end of the building but this just looks like they are behind the building, and they seem to be walking on the steps and inside the building at the frontside of the building. The same goes for the temple and the larger wonder.

Riders
The camal archer seems like a great idea I might give that a try if i get a chance. As for the swordsman I think the change of the axeman will be similar to this.

[This message has been edited by Sir_Apollo (edited 07-14-99).]

posted 07-20-99 05:58 PM ET (US)     11 / 11  
I have a domb idea turn flying dutch men in to a air plane
and the dock in to a air port
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Egypt_Mod
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames