AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: wedsaz! enough bs!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 04-17-00 04:52 PM ET (US)   
wedsaz.... please... stop your b***s*** about sub 11 min bronzes !!!! that is ridiculous !! as is most of the other crap you post.... i only seen a time like that once, in AOE, not ror.... that was when 1) the dude was assy 2) he had like 6 or 7 sf right by his TC starting place 3) sf are faster in aoe than ror 4) he made like 11 vills...

in ror there is tons of hills and other obstables... stopping people from reaching certain places.... the maps are now gig.... which means res are more spread out, and there is more wildlife .... so please stop.... no matter how good someone is..... sub 11 min bronzes are not possible!!! especially consistent times like u claim ..... it seems you have been away from ror for a looong time buddy boy.... instead of spewing complete bs , go play the f****** game!!! i am tired of your dumb posts.... ooh sub 11 consistent bronze times.... ooh 30 eles when you iron !!! NONSENSE !!! stop posting this crap!!

and dont respond tryng to prove me wrong, because you cant ... what you say is complete theory .... it doesnt make sense and is false ... so please just listen to some advice and CEASE AND DECIST !!! this forum is filled with enough of your garbage already ! play the game 1st, (vs good players) ... and then post strats based on how you play, not based on what is theoretically possible! because in a real game most of what you say is NOT possible ... understand?

Replies:
posted 04-17-00 06:48 PM ET (US)     1 / 58  
LOL!

I've played, online, for over 2 years, about 10 games per week on average.

I really don't see how *more* wildlife could slow down persian. (was that a typo?)

The iron time was a theory. The bronze time was not. I bronzed in 11 minutes 10 games in a row with persian, I have yet to experience the 90% of the time when they are supposedly slower than yamato. Now *that* is a theory.

You're trying to shoot down my advice without checking to see if I might be right. I was trying to avoid saying this because I'm usually a nice person, but frankly you're an idiot. Anyone can see it just by the way you're shouting like a madman, spewing out insults, and saying my ideas can't work without even having tried them.

Have a nice day.
posted 04-17-00 09:30 PM ET (US)     2 / 58  
for ****'s sake you're such a lamer.... 1st of all wildlife i meant there is more lions and gators in ror.... in aoe there was barely any ..... and i NEVER EVER seen a persian bronze under 11 mins in ROR! that is just highly unlikely .... especially 10 times in a row like you claim...... you have played for 2 years ... wow.... i played for 3... and while you havent been playing for 1 (or more) years now, i have, and i know what can be done in ror and what cant.... you're just sitting there and spewing bs not basing your statements on real games.... i dont ****in care what you claim to have done a long time ago, before your "ror" computer suddenly broke down .... that is a load of crap ... why dont you play some games and show us your great skill mr-sub-11-min-bronze-10-times-in-a-row.... because you seem to be correcting everyone on this forum, and suggesting ridiculous strats without you actually playing the game... not even a screen shot .... now hey, you dont have to prove yourself to me, but enough with the sub 11 min bronzes and 30 eles right after ironing in 16 mins ..... just stop ...... this is just a forum after all, and doesnt have much meaning, and i know you're constantly posting to keep the conversation going, but if you're going to post stuff like "consistent sub 11 min bronzes" then please dude..... play a game and actually do it..... words alone mean jack, and you're just pissing me off, because i have been playing for 3 years, no big breaks ...... and i've never seen ANYONE play as good as you claim to be...

so please dude, just cut the crap .... and if not, then back it up with a real game.....

posted 04-17-00 09:53 PM ET (US)     3 / 58  
Sub-11 bronzes are possible, but they are definitely not as possible as wedsaz claims. Even matty can't bronze consistently with Persia with "24 villagers and 24 fishing boats with an 11:00 bronze time"...
posted 04-17-00 10:14 PM ET (US)     4 / 58  
of course they are possible, just very unlikely ..... im just really tired of seeing this guy talk all these bs magic strats ..... and he hasnt played a game of ror in hell knows how long.... yeesh
posted 04-17-00 11:19 PM ET (US)     5 / 58  
BlackHeart:
Hehe, persia's bonus applies to lions and gators too so bring em on! ( not all at once though... )

Alright, I didn't do sub-11 myself. Just closer to 11 than 12, which is still pretty good.

I haven't been playing for 6 months, and started playing (online, single-player doesn't really count) about 6 months after AoE came out.

Find me a version of RoR that'll run on this *linux* computer, and I'll be glad to show you how fast persian is. If you want, I'll also show you how cool a palmy ally is for tribbing.

Don't confuse strats, I seriously doubt persian can do 16:00 iron on default, not to mention making 30 elephants afterwards. That was pre-patch phoenie, after an all-out 3-dock boom that would have been very vulnerable from sea attacks in tool or bronze. However, I had an old friend and the opponents weren't experts so I felt I could afford a bit of fun. Poor egyptian bronzed just as my ellies tiptoed into his town! I doubt any civ can do that now, though.

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. I suck at rushing, military and scouting. To this day I still can't do a CA rush! I make up for my weaknesses with my strengths, which are economy, defense, determination (I think you can testify as to how stubborn I am...) and coming up with new strats completely outside the norm. It's especially hard for me now because I was a pioneer of the current set of popular strats, so I'm essentially trying to destroy my own dark creation which went out of control. (namely the minoan boom)

I'm sorry if I upset you, I can't help it... I can't play, and I'm bored to death. PLEASE! Post some interesting (or borderline/extreme/insane) strats so I can help you work out the details! At least post ideas or complaints in the balance thread...

RomanGladius:
Did I say that? Yikes! Maybe I was thinking villies train in 0:20, I can't remember if it's 0:30 or 0:20 ... What I do remember is that I had more than 16 villies when I got to bronze, and more boats than villies, and enough resources once there to do something, like a cav/camel rush soon backed by some ST. Too bad I couldn't rush if my life depended on it.
posted 04-18-00 03:55 AM ET (US)     6 / 58  
I think what blows your credibility is that you claim to be an expert, (at least thats how it sounds from the things you say you can do) and that you play good players and other experts. If this is true, how is it that you can make it 1-2 min. into bronze withoutout being attacked? The only people i have seen who wait till mid to late bronze to do any fighting are newbies and rooks. I suspect you are one of those people who go into the easiest game they can find in the rookie rooms just to beat the hell out of some terrible players with less than 3 months experience. I remeber them well, it happened to me a lot.
posted 04-18-00 04:59 AM ET (US)     7 / 58  
butch26:
I have played a lot of good players and experts. That doesn't mean I play *only* experts.

I've made it 1-2 min into bronze without being attacked several times, for different reasons. Sometimes because I had a faster civ, sometimes because of the map, and yes sometimes I was playing rookies.

I don't actively seek out rookies. In fact, when I find myself against a rookie I usually wall him in before he knows what's going on, and then force him to listen to my playing tips. A few weeks later when I see them again, they usually aren't rookies anymore.

I usually don't try to iron boom unless I'm in the pocket, the map is good for defense, or I'm against intermediates. (which is a rather large portion of the time, since only a small percentage of the people on the zone are actually experts)

However, even against intermediates I often get attacked in bronze. I'm just very good at repelling bronze rushes. (lotsa practice)
posted 04-18-00 07:23 AM ET (US)     8 / 58  
come on dude...... linux is no excuse why you CANT play ror and prove yourself..... slap on win2k or win millenium (both found on practically evert w*r*z site out there) and do a double boot.....
posted 04-18-00 07:27 AM ET (US)     9 / 58  
hehehe, no fighting!!
posted 04-18-00 02:52 PM ET (US)     10 / 58  
Blackheart:
Look, I'm working on a big project. When it's done, I'll be seen roaming the zone again. My zone nick is wedsaz, and I'd be happy if you look me up when I come online again.

Oh, and I don't do w*r*z.
posted 04-18-00 07:18 PM ET (US)     11 / 58  
so you cant play because of this "big project" and yet you have all this time to type up essays about your consistently-working super strategies? how can people even look up to you for advice in ror when you havent played a game in heck knows how long?

doesnt play ror, and yet gloats about his super sub 11 min bronze times and 50 towers in 24 mins into the game ....

give me a break.........

posted 04-18-00 08:28 PM ET (US)     12 / 58  
Blackheart:
I takes a few minutes to type up an article, but a whole hour to get and finish a game. I thought you'd have that figured out by now.

I haven't played a game in 6 months, and I really miss it. Please don't make me suffer any more than I have to.

Look, with a good spot persian can achieve superfast bronze times. With an average spot, they're still pretty fast. They have a better economy than people seem to think, and their iron is far from bad. I think they may be viable against the mighty hittites, and that's why I'm trying to get people to try them.

I did have 50 towers by 24 mins into the game with choson. I was just starting ironing, and I didn't have much else, but I was ironing and I think it's a viable strategy with choson in RM.

As for the newbies, I'm giving them times to aim for. Sure, shang can tool in 12 minutes... but if they aim for that, don't be surprised if you see them tooling in 16 minutes. Make them aim for the best times, and they'll work hard to improve. I think experts would know those are best times, obviously I don't talk about the time I lost a dozen villies to lions and tooled in 20 minutes. That's hardly any good to encourage trying a new civ or strat.

So go ahead, be negative if you want, but I'll keep looking at the positive side, and I'll keep trying to widen people's horizons. Or, instead, you can help me, because if I wasn't the only one doing so, I wouldn't go overboard as much. If I didn't have all the other experts saying "you must play shang, all other civs suck", maybe I wouldn't exagerate the strengths of the other civs.
posted 04-18-00 10:51 PM ET (US)     13 / 58  
I'd consider myself an expert and i've never said "you must play shang, all other civs suck", go figure
posted 04-19-00 00:01 AM ET (US)     14 / 58  
I got onto my computer tonight to see what great advice wedsaz had to tell me - and - this topic seemed very fitting. I had been starting to wonder about all of this advice wedsaz has been offering me. Then I find out he hasn't played in 6 months? Hey wedsaz, I own and opperate a small business, am active in community, and have a wife that I spend time with - and yet my love for the game will not keep me from the zone for more than a day! I went out and bought a new computer actually last month so I could keep playing (last one broke down-and i'm not rich by any definition-I could e-mail you with some good deals on computers--or any operating system). So what I am saying as nice as possible is play the game. I have read all of the manuals, guides, and all I can find but I only learn and get better by playing-and playing better players than me. I could expound on all of the B.S. that overfloweth from your mouth, but I will simply out of respect say: THANKS FOR KEEPING THE FORUMS GOING --AND PLAY THE FRICKIN GAME!!!!!!! When you are on the Zone put me on your friends list and lets play. Oh yeah-I am on every night and all weekends. Look for BlitzkreigComin and my other alias _No_Name_Bandit. And No Reveal map for "experts" like us - OK. I welcome you to stop my Yamato cavalry rush by beating me to Bronze with Persian and "vaporizing" my cavalry with Camels. But that is if I don't run into your 150 towers or your 30 elephants - they are at the 15:00 mark aren't they - oh wait that was a dream - no - maybe that did happen - it was a while ago - I was playing experts - on a Reveal map - ummm yeah I'm pretty sure - and I ran my Hittite opponent out of wood - that is another one of my "specialties". I look forward to your reply-and more forward to a game with you.
posted 04-19-00 00:47 AM ET (US)     15 / 58  
Hyper:
Ok, I know it's not exactly true but that's the overall feeling I get when people shoot down any alternate ideas I post and call me a lamer and an idiot for arguing.

BlitzkreigComin:
Hehe, they do look pretty impossible when you mix them all into one. I didn't know other people couldn't think about more than one strat at once, it explains a lot.

You want to know the real excuse? Ok, the only computer here with AoE on it is my dad's, and I can't play until this project is over. I shouldn't even be chatting with you guys, but you guys are so much fun and it's easier to sneak a few minutes here and there than an evening of AoE on *his* computer. So there's the truth.

I'll be happy to look all of you up as soon as I can play again, good allies (not always the same as good players) aren't easy to come by.

I did bronze, several times but not always, in about 11 minutes with persian in real RM games. I don't know where you got "150 towers" from, but I did once build all the way up to 50 towers with choson... and didn't have much else, but still without them I would have been dead long before ironing, since choson is slow and has a weak bronze. I also made 30 elephants after a 16:00 bronze, which would mean what around 17 minutes for the elephants? But that was with pre-patch phoenie, which no longer exists. I was also vulnerable to rushes until that early iron, since it was an optimized boom, but in the situations I tried it I was safe from early attack due to map, opponents or allies. I also played experts... on both reveal and noreveal maps, the reveal ones being mostly in AoE trial where everyone knew the map anyway. Actually I don't remember running hittites out of wood, but I did do it to many assyrians, including this one time on gig medit... Man I miss it, I should get back to work so I can play again!

Can you guys post some more strats, so I can be more quiet and work faster? I can't help it, I gotta see cool stories posted even if it's my own exagerated exploits!

Hopefully, see you all soon on the zone!
posted 04-19-00 07:04 AM ET (US)     16 / 58  
Mid 11 brz sux... Hey! it's Y2K!!! 10:30 with 50 villies are way better :=)
posted 04-19-00 07:44 AM ET (US)     17 / 58  
and your 17+ min bronze with yams is EVEN better cam

j/k

posted 04-20-00 01:31 AM ET (US)     18 / 58  
most important...Winning ;-)
posted 04-20-00 02:04 AM ET (US)     19 / 58  
ok, i play AoE, i dont have RoR. but one day i was on the zone and there were a couple rooms that said. 11 min bronzers only! not being a RM person i desided to try by my self. I got into a single player RM and worked as fast as i could, using strats i had seen posted here, i bronzed right at 13:38, but i had crap. What was so great about being in bronze in 12 mins!?! i didnt have enough to do anything!! i just need some good RM strats, i suck really bad at RM. But put me in a DM and im with the best of um'
posted 04-20-00 02:09 AM ET (US)     20 / 58  
aoe/ror wasnt meant for dm..... a lot of ppl play dm like thats all there is to ror.... but its about strategic buildup and micromanagement .... not tons of free resources and going overkill with army units...... thats not what stragegy games are about........

u should learn to play the right way....

posted 04-20-00 02:19 AM ET (US)     21 / 58  
Wise thoughts, Blackheart. I'd even add that it was designed and tested with 50 pop in mind, and is most balanced at that setting.
posted 04-20-00 12:07 PM ET (US)     22 / 58  
if we were stuck with 50 pop, tons of people would have left aoe/ror earlier.... it would be so not fun...... heck even warcraft 2 let you build more than 50.......
posted 04-20-00 12:20 PM ET (US)     23 / 58  
At first a 50 pop cap might seem like kind of a drag (I know it was to me at first). But if you think about it, it might actually make the game more interesting. With only 50 vils/units you have to learn how to manage and balance things more efficiently. With 200 it tends to degenerate into a DM game and the result IS Warcraft - so why bother. Not to mention that with 200 units for each player - the game starts to get kinda slow.
posted 04-20-00 12:24 PM ET (US)     24 / 58  
come on though... with 50 pop you would never see big armies ....... because u cant have many vills to get res..... everything would be slow, it would be hard to overpower someone, if you have the res, but cant make more army than he has...... ror would end up being a yamato or assy game where whoever is 1st to iron and make a few horse archers - wins.....
posted 04-20-00 12:44 PM ET (US)     25 / 58  
Well, I don't know RoR. I play AoE. Maybe what you say is true about the need for mega-hordes of military units in RoR due to the nature of the different civs. If that's true then I think that I won't buy RoR. I just found that in AoE there is some point after bronzing where you shift from economy to military. Having the 50 cap just means that you have to plan things more carefully rather than just blindly pumping out mil units and then swarming the enemy. Hence, there appears to be more of a strategic element involved with the 50 pop.

At any rate in AoE, if you find that you need to, can't you get around the 50 pop limit by building lots of training buildings and then at pop=49 you zip through them all and presto - you can wind up with 75-100 fighting units...

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » wedsaz! enough bs!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames