Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Map Editor
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 05-21-05 07:18 AM ET (US)   
The question is, how do you put in Winsett's_Zs, Zug 209s, and other things like that to a map? Can anyone make me a template, or some advice on how to make templates or something?
Replies:
posted 05-21-05 01:27 PM ET (US)     1 / 65  
Photon man template

Some cheat units are also available in the units list (like flying dutchmen), but there is no way to get big daddies in a scenario without hacking into AOE, which is illegal.

While sausages are tasty, you might cut your finger with that pencil over there.
posted 05-21-05 06:03 PM ET (US)     2 / 65  
There is no way of doing it, but you can get Flying Dutchmans etc into scenarios though. Yes, hacking into AoE is illegal.

Signature
posted 05-21-05 09:47 PM ET (US)     3 / 65  
Well, by that logic you could say that AoKTS is illegal too, which is the only way we have of getting any beta units. DiGiT actually sent ES an email asking for help, and to see if it was okay by them, of course they never replied, because they don't care. No gaming companies care about games that are this old, so you can do pretty much whatever you want. Hacking the files themselves is "illegal", but if you do it as a way of getting beta objects, nobody really cares, since the result is a perfectly legal SCN/SCX file.

Richard Wilde
rswilde01(at)gmail(dot)com
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
Review Thread - AoKH - GenieWiki
posted 05-22-05 01:51 AM ET (US)     4 / 65  
If you guys knew more about the subject, you'd realise it dosen't involve hacking and it isn't illegal. I once managed to get some cheat units in a template (I really do forget how, sorry ) but I had lots of problems.

Check a thread I made in General Discussion about Photon Men, it laid the seeds of how I did it, if anyone wants to try.

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 05-22-05 02:15 AM ET (US)     5 / 65  
If you can actually do that you should try again, with some walkaround the cheat units can be used to great effect, especially the lightning bolt priests. I'll have a look for the topic anyway. I think the photon man template along with all the others are from the beta version, so anything made another way would be a first.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 05-22-05 05:12 AM ET (US)     6 / 65  
K, you're right about the hacking thing.. ^__^

I've had a look at the topic, though there's not much you can get out of it. Too sad.

There's still my theory though, that you could create cheat units scenarios using .gam files (saves).

While sausages are tasty, you might cut your finger with that pencil over there.
posted 05-22-05 07:12 PM ET (US)     7 / 65  
Hmmm, I looked at your topics, (mainly "I'll be on holiday ones ). I can't find anything in general. Could either of you point me in the direction of the topic? A name or something?

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 05-23-05 05:02 AM ET (US)     8 / 65  
asldfjladf

posted 05-23-05 11:30 AM ET (US)     9 / 65  
what about that aok thingie... any progress therE??
i waaaaaaaaaant new uniiits
posted 05-23-05 05:41 PM ET (US)     10 / 65  
You should really just buy Empire Earth. It has an uber scenario editor and two epochs with Cybers. Even if you can have robots etc, you can only use them as fixed force, the game will still be Age of Empires.

Okay thanks for the link LF, I don't know why I couldn't find that topic. It doesn't have any info though anyway, all it says is

Quote:

IMPORTANT!
I have a progress report.
I belive I know how the Photon men were extracted.
I wont get your hopes up, but keep you guys posted!

The photon man template came from a beta version scenario anyway. To make a template you would have to actually make an SCN file and that would require the ability to compress and decompress the files. At the moment we can only decompress them, and we don't know what the unit constant numbers are and we still need a good programmer type to understand the code anyway. Getting the unit constant numbers is really hard and boring work, and you still need to be good at programming and such to be able to do the job. I believe you have to trawl through the .dat file and look for them, but it is all encoded and frankly I wouldn't know what to look for even if it was in a highly non-geek readable form.

As for progress, there hasn't been any so far, so don't get your hopes up.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia

[This message has been edited by Richard Ames (edited 05-23-2005 @ 05:50 PM).]

posted 05-24-05 05:01 AM ET (US)     11 / 65  
I remember clearly getting a lighting bolt priest on a map. It could have been pot luck, but he was there - unfortunately, the scenario crashed on test.

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 05-24-05 05:20 AM ET (US)     12 / 65  
If you remember a month ago when i was asking for how to get cheat units into a game and making computer attack ground, it was for a lightning priest to attack ground hiden in trees creating the lightnig effect

:: CITY VS CITY FORUMS ::
http://cityvscity.tech.com.au
MY NEW FORUM!
posted 05-24-05 04:49 PM ET (US)     13 / 65  
that was also my idea....
yeh... good ol days... i wish there were more hope.
perhaps you still got that scenario?
posted 05-24-05 08:48 PM ET (US)     14 / 65  
Well could you maybe explain a little about how you did it? For example, what method did you use to alter the SCX file? How did you know what the unit constants were? That sort of thing. The topic you mentioned doesn't offer any information about how you did it.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 05-25-05 03:58 PM ET (US)     15 / 65  
Didn't he say he forgot how he did it? :-/

posted 05-26-05 00:10 AM ET (US)     16 / 65  
Well, I think it has something to do with the "Empires.dat".
By looking how it easy was for TC.dat to debug units.
Might be the same or similar for AoE.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Tropper/Funk.jpg[/img]
AKA FireLegion_56 @ AOEH

Lastest Project:Classified

posted 05-28-05 03:52 AM ET (US)     17 / 65  
Well ... lets get som research into it...

i really need the Zug and the laser towers.

posted 05-28-05 05:03 AM ET (US)     18 / 65  
You can put mirror towers into a scenario, is that okay for a laser tower?
posted 05-28-05 02:01 PM ET (US)     19 / 65  
kinda yes... but the real laser tower is more intersting and i urgently need the zug
posted 05-28-05 05:51 PM ET (US)     20 / 65  
I've had a look at empires.dat, I believe that's where the data on what the representation of units and the positions etc is stored. The info is also stored in the scenario files, but it needs to be in dat too so it can recognise it. I don't have the skill to pick out unit constant numbers though.

Edit: The file we're talking about is empires.dat, in the data folder. It's one of the more important data files in AoE. If we can get the info out of it it should be possible to alter scenario files using a program. It's all Vbz!g¨ÃL+­žvЪ­,¯´ºhék rubbish in notepad though. I think it needs to be decompressed somehow, although I don't really know anything about these things. If someone knows a little about it they should try and help.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia

[This message has been edited by Richard Ames (edited 05-29-2005 @ 02:14 AM).]

posted 05-29-05 07:51 AM ET (US)     21 / 65  
empires2.dat
is also just some non-understandable rubbish.
we need to know how the did...
posted 05-29-05 06:39 PM ET (US)     22 / 65  
I could get DiGiT to explain it to me but I probably still couldn't help. I think you need a Hex Editor to read it, but a standard one won't show you anything more than notepad.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 05-30-05 08:26 AM ET (US)     23 / 65  
hmmm...
this is really an impossible task...
posted 05-30-05 10:21 PM ET (US)     24 / 65  
I worry what we'll get coming into the granary if people had templates with Bigdaddy and stuff. We'd have an influx of cheating newb campaigns for sure. I'm playing an EE campaign right now (not sure why) called "The Cyborg" where literally everything is written in CAPSLOCK. THE TREES ARE EVEN ON ASPHALT. HOW DO TREES GROW OUT OF ASPHALT?

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 06-01-05 08:13 AM ET (US)     25 / 65  
well it could be nice anyway...
and i wanna first finish my futuristic war campaign then il make a war campaign
using big daddies.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Map Editor
You must be logged in to post messages.