Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Really need help...
posted 03-22-10 10:31 PM ET (US)   
OK i want to play age of empires rise of rome multiplayer with my cousin....BUT i want to use custom made scenarios... would anyone know how to get the scenario files? i cant find them...i looked under scenario folders and they arent there ...do i need a program or something?
Replies:
posted 03-23-10 06:23 AM ET (US)     1 / 7  
Make a scenario, save it as something (like "Scenario for me and my cousin") and then exit the game. Then go to the scenario folder, should be looking like this: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires\scenario

Then copy your scenario to an USB and transferr the scenario to him, or you could just mail him. Make sure that both computers has the same patch installed, scenarios for AoE ends with .scn and scenarios for RoR ends with .scx
posted 03-30-10 03:32 PM ET (US)     2 / 7  
Hey, I had the same problem with it not showing up in the scenario folder. It really isn't there! But on my old computer it would always show up? Wierd, does anyone know why? maybe it's the computer version?
posted 03-30-10 03:47 PM ET (US)     3 / 7  
Vista or w7? If so, that could be your problem... Newer windows dislikes old games like aoe

It should appear, have you searched the computer for the file?

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 03-30-2010 @ 03:50 PM).]

posted 03-30-10 03:59 PM ET (US)     4 / 7  
I have vista and I don't have these problems, but I don't know about w7. Maybe you have them as hidden files or something? Perhaps an error makes aoe move the file to the wrong folder?
posted 03-30-10 04:08 PM ET (US)     5 / 7  
If you have windows 7, I know the program files folder wont have what your looking for. The folder you want is "program files (x86)" this is the same as program files on an xp computer. It may also be hidden, so you should view hidden files and folders
posted 03-30-10 06:42 PM ET (US)     6 / 7  
oh yea, i found it. I just searched for "chess.scx" which was my title
posted 04-06-10 00:54 AM ET (US)     7 / 7  
A quick search usually brings scenario files to light when they don't show up.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Really need help...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames