Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Hobbit (demo)

Author File Description
Kuba R.
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 1
Difficulty: Easy
This is a demo of JRR Tolkien's Hobbit Campaign.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Dark Archer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 1
I didn't find this one scenario campaign fun at all. I just followed the bone road and found the artifact without any problems. It only took 38 seconds. Thirty Eight Seconds! Usually a good, fun scenario takes a long time to complete with you being defeated many times, but this is only 38 seconds long and I beat it in one shot. It is way too short to really get into it. I mean 38 seconds, come on man surly you can make it longer than that.

Balance: 1
38 seconds says it all.

Creativity: 2
This campaign has a small bit of creativity because the book it is based on has not been over done (unlike its sequel LotR) and it uses the bone road well. Unfortunately though the scenario and story are too short to be creative. A bitmap would have helped this score but there isn't one.

Map Design: 3
This was probably the high point of this campaign. Although the map design is nothing great it has had some effort put in with a nice bone road to start with then leading across some shallows to a bones path. Like I said the map design is nothing great and could be better but it is a welcome change to some of the mostly blank maps I've been seeing lately.

Story/Instructions: 1
The story for this campaign is terrible. The instructions say "In this mission you have to take the Hobbit to the artifact, before the dwarves or Gandalf do so." Then there is a two line history that tells you if you want to know what happens in the latter part of The Hobbit to read the book. I have and this hardly shows that the maker has read it. I mean the dwarves and Gandalf are Bilbo's friends so why are they his enemy and why does he have to beat them to the artifact. The hints are also bad with there only being two, one of which said "Be fast!". Does that really need to be said? And then after the 38 second mark I got this "Hobbit was fast!".

Additional Comments:
Thirty eight seconds.

Should I download:
The whole campaign is over too fast and the story is nothing really. So no not even if you are a fan of The Hobbit.

The Dark Archer
hb12345 It is better to make an aok campaign full of triggers and objects than this.
IICDO I know this is supposed to be a demo but hey; you have to be kidding. I just do not see how you can give this a proper review. I think it took me the same amount of time to finish.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity2.0