Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Scenarios » The Lost Mine of King Solomon

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Lost Mine of King Solomon

Author File Description
DarkStar
File Details
Difficulty: Moderate
Many expeditions have looked for the lost mine of King Solomon, all have failed, and none return. Some went the way of the river gorge, The River of Lost Souls it is called, no one has ever returned from the jaws of that dark canyon. Others chose to cross the barren desert, then penetrate the deep jungles hoping to stumble across the mine, yet they too perish. They seek, and die, for a fable that tells of unimaginable wealth of gold and diamonds of the mine. Too, there are muted whispers around the night fires in Shaballah of a treasure more powerful than gold in the mine, that the Ark of the Covenant lays buried within the mine shaft itself. He who possesses this treasure, rules the known world. In hushed tones the elders speak of the mines protectors, known as "Solomon's Keeper's". Fanatical and suicidal warriors, each one a direct descendant of Solomon and Sheba, sworn to live their days protecting the approaches to and the mine itself from those who would venture too near. Seek, find, survive, and open the Lost Mine of King Solomon ... take your gold, recover the Lost Ark of the Covenant, if you can. Multiplayer also : ; ; ; No
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Richard Ames
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.5
Story/Instructions5.0
This is a great single player scenario where you must locate a lost mine. It excels in story and map design.

Playabilty: 4

A lot of fun to play. I played this scenario a long time ago and I can still remember it clearly. A good combination of puzzle and bloodshed. You must locate a mysterious mine and mine gold from in, while battling the great number of enemies located almost everywhere.

Creativity: 4

A very creative story and map, good victory conditions, but not creative enough in this area to win a five. The scenario has a very unique atmosphere that separates it from other scenarios, created by the bitmap, map design and story working together.

Balance: 4

It isn't that hard since you have plenty of units to start with and not too difficult a task to perform, but if you go the wrong way your army will be pulverized

Map Design: 4.5

Tops, the map looks great, it fits in well with the bitmap, the mine looks realistic, the scenary is beautiful while maintaining an eerie feel. The map looks great close up and even better on the minimap.

Story: 5

A great bitmap and a very full story. Really rounds off the level nicely.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0