Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Jason and Mary

Author File Description
Fitz
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 2
Difficulty: ?
Jason is a famous General. Mary is his big love. Everything could be beutiful, but the evil Jack and his followers are not agree. They try to destroy the happiness of our Hero, they rape Mary and so Jason need to rescue her. It's a hard fight of a lonely man, with few rash boys, against the evil's empire. Therefore don't expect big battles, hundred of dead, but Jason need to be smart to defeat the enemy, exploiting every little resources, also natural, that he can find. The second scenario is a little complicated (and I think also a little original), but you can solve it without much problem if you choose the right way. Sometime the right path is almost easy, also if apparently the situation could appear without solution. I have tested the both on my PC and everything seems to be OK. Enjoy yourself!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
WillNotAllow
(id: GeorgeROR)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.7
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.2
Story/Instructions4.2
Playability: 3.7
Have a good time slowly and thoughtfully working your way through this maze campaign filled with a tough exploration. Playability is high due to the fact that you need to keep saving! However it makes you want to come back and figure it out. I recommend you play the first in easy mode, because the Gaia tends to destroy the Invasion Army, something I don’t think the designer wanted.

Balance: 4
Most of the time you fight RPG style as smart foxy warrior. There are several options, all off them hard to battle your way to Victory Conditions, especially in the second scenario. They are winnable, but be prepared for a long road ahead. It is really hard to even cheat your way through it. However I did find a kind of shortcut in the second scenario, but it still took time to finish.

Creativity: 4
There is much work done by the designer to make this a tough puzzle. Very creative in sense of making the each path to victory paid for with time and effort. There is occasional use of tricks like burning/damage building/walls. Beware of all the triggers in the second scene

Map Design: 3.2
(No modern eye candy, but good use of typical units to make a creative puzzle. Good use of cliffs, forests, buildings, etc... Definitely a well thought out defined map design, no random map here. There where a couple scattered enemy Town Centers in the first that I did not like. But there are spots of very good designing like the bridge in the first scene.

Story/Instructions: 4.2
The title best suits the second scene, where you are actually Jason. Stories though go with the mazes; it is a tale of intrigue, rogues, and revenge. Nicely suits the puzzle. The first you have given a set of tasks, which you must go about scouting around and find. The second is more tedious has you face a well fortified maze, with heavily set in enemy at every turn. Early bitmaps are included.

Additional Comments: like a challenge check out the second scene

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.7
Balance4.0