Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » CTY Editor

Download File Post Review Post Comment

CTY Editor

Author File Description
BBalazs With CTY Editor, you can edit the City Plan (*.cty) files in your AoE (RoR) data (data2) folder. These files give you some control over WHERE the computer player places its buildings. Check the included Documentation before firing the program.

You can also find a tutorial on using this utility in the Siege Workshop.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Phill Phree
Rating
Rating: 5

BB has spent considerable time developing this utility, taking feedback from our Scenario Design Forum and updating it often with new features or improved usability.

There is little documentation but little is needed due to this utility's ease of use and intuitive feel. It's very simple to operate and you'll quickly find your way around.

If you're baffled by CTY files, you won't be after using this. Recommended.
MrCheeze There's a bug I'm surprised nobody's mentioned so far: 2x2 buildings (houses and towers) appear a half square down and left (or everything else is a half square up and right). As Devyn's article says, the coordinates refer to the center. This wouldsn't be a big problem if it wasn't for not being able to overlap buildings. Other than that though this utility would be very useful.

[Edited on 03/27/08 @ 06:22 PM]

BBalazs
File Author
I'd correct it, along with the credits display, the wall dragging function and some other minor problems that are no real menace, but still bug me;

unfortunately, however, I lost the source code. Don't ask me how I did it, I have no clue. It wasn't a HDD malfunction. I just can't find it anymore.

And to start it all over from the very beginning, I don't have the motivation, to be honest :( I can be convinced though - but you'd need lots of energy for that.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:2,959
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:965.39 KB