Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Age of Empires: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

A Mighty River

Author File Description
Phill Phree
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 1
Difficulty: Hard
The Assyrian homeland is troubled and a small group has set out to explore new lands which they conquor and start a new Assyrian tribe. They have now discovered new lands which they plan to conquor, the first few attempts have been short lived and the Native tribes of the great Amazon River have denied them any access to their land. You are send to help the Assyrian Refugees conquor the Amazon so their civilization can once again grow strong and rule like a mighty empire.

This campaign has great 'eye candy' and map design tricks, be sure to check it out :)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Richard Ames
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Wow, quite a nice little campaign. Bordering on a 4, this is a great achievement, especially when I just love giving a 1 for a lousy campaign.
Only one scenario but definitely worth downloading, as you can see it impresses in all areas.

Playability: Map design does not hinder playability as it so often does. Quite a few different approaches to winning are possible due to the nature of the map. Using your few ships and men together are the only way to win.

Creativity: Nice map, good original storyline, various win conditions

Balance: Won't take you hours but you must get it right. If you take the right approach winning is still challenging, and if you mess up you will have to restart. Close to a five star.

Map Design: An Amazon map, and well done. Beautiful winding rivers and swamp enclosed palm forests, nice use of the thick trunked palm. A very good map which enhances playabilty.

Story/Instruction: Story was good, not epic but solid, but the bitmap was a little messed up, I think the author tried to paste a whole screenshot in or something and the colors are inverted. Good campaign though, very good indeed.
LittleFreak
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.5
Playability: 4

Nice little campaign. You start with some troops, a few ships and two villagers and have to seek a new home. I used my war galleys to scout and kill a few triremes, then found the yellow camp and crushed it to pieces. After that I built my own inside. I like the concept, as I also had the opportunity to build somewhere else. The objectives are good, but could've been better.

Balance: 4

The campaign was well balanced, not too hard but not too easy either. You need a good troop management, because you can't produce any more. I liked it.

Creativity: 4

The campaign was not uber-creative, but it was not dull either. The concept was good, and the map looked great. Story could've been better though.

Map Design: 4

Map Design was good, it looked pretty well. I liked the tree combinations and the use of desert patches. Some shallows looked a bit wrong though, and the waterfalls weren't stunning either.

Story/Instructions: 3.5

Story was not bad, but it could've been better. The objectives are clear and the hints are good, the bitmap is messed up. I found no spelling mistakes.

Additional Comments:

A nice little campaign, not a masterpiece, but worth downloading.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0