Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Trade Workshop & Gaia-Extras Template

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Trade Workshop & Gaia-Extras Template

Author File Description
Andrea Rosa * Trade Workshops were originally part of the beta version of Age of Empires, but were cut off from the final release. This template features this odd building, and 3 Gaia rocks which were cut off as well: I've "unlocked" those rocks by using the RoR editor, then converting the map into AoE format. If you look at the colors of those rocks, you will see that they actually complete the standard set.

* Apart from those "lost units" you will find 2 water rocks and 3 extra grass clumps (I've placed them on desert to make them more visible). These units were not totally cut off from AoE, but they are difficult to use: they are randomly laid by the terrain brush, but they aren't directly available from the list of the Gaia units.

* You can add more of these extra units by going in the "Units" then selcting "Player" or "Gaia". Next, click on "Move" then select a rock, a grass clump or a Trade Workshop. Now click on "Place", and you will be able to add as many as you want.

Andrea Rosa, Cittiglio - Italy
ilpinky@libero.it
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
LittleFreak
Rating
Rating: 5
A great template for every AOE user that wants to add some extra eyecandy to his/her scenarios.

Additional Comments:

The Trade Workshop has been around for long time, now we finally have a template to use it. Along with the trade workshops the template also includes three additional rocks from Rise Of Rome, 2 new water rocks and three additional Grass Clumps. Nice work, and worth the download for everybody who wants to spice up his scenarios.

[Edited on 12/28/04 @ 10:44 AM]

Fudgy This is getting like AOK, rating mods and utilities and whatnot.
LittleFreak Why should we not rate utillities, mods, etc.?

It helps the people here to find good stuff and it's also dissapointing for someone who makes something like this, to get nothing instead.
Richard Ames I see what you both mean, it is good to give feedback, but it adds quite a large area to review. I mainly review campaigns and scenarios, but I think it's still good to have the option. The other issue is that the comments section becomes a lot like a mini forum :)
BBalazs Good thing. I can post a question than: How do you unlock units?
Andrea Rosa
File Author
@BBalazs: check the articles at my website

http://crea.html.it/sito/aoelastresort
Alakazam
Rating
Rating: 5

A good set of extras for Rise of Rome. Now scenario builders will be able to create more realisic scenarios. By adding more eye-candy, it makes the scenario more aesthetically pleasing to the audience.

Additional Comments:

I recommend that any enthusiastic scenario builders download this.
Rasteve
Rating
Rating: 3
Nothing wrong with the template other than its purpose is now replaced by modern tools such as the composite editor.

Additional Comments:
The majority of existing templates seem to be for one map size rather than covering all sizes.
Tsuby I downloaded the file and extracted a SCN file, where do i have to put it in order to make it work?

[Edited on 05/03/16 @ 07:05 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:3,460
Favorites: [Who?]1