Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » AIEdit v2.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AIEdit v2.0

Author File Description
BBalazs With AIEdit v2.0 you can edit AoE (including RoR) AI files. I uploaded the file because I can't find it anywhere online and it is a must for every designer.

Stoyan Ratchev did a great job here.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Dark Archer
Rating
Rating: 5
What can I say about this utility. It's great, if you are making a scenario or campaign you should definitely download this utility because custom AI files can make a scenario much more challenging and fun to play. Another great thing about this utility is that you can choose the civilization that the AI is going to be for and if you choose a unit or research it says that it is bad.

Additional Comments:
I highly recommend downloading this utility as it is incredibility useful when making campaigns and scenarios.

Also Get:
Speed Editor - For testing the AI that you make easyer
LittleFreak
Rating
Rating: 4.5

Making custom AI files has become standard for making good campaigns. You can do so by copying files from the doc file in your AOE folder and saving them to a text file with .ai extension. There's also an easier way though. With this utility, you can easily select everything the computer should do. The programm is easy to use, and as soon as you understood the basics you should be able to create your own AI files. Why doesn't this get a 5 then, you may ask. Well, there is one flaw which keeps annoying me when using this editor, which is that all upgrades start with R. (for example: R. Ballistics). That makes it impossible to easily and fast find the upgrade you want using a key on the keyboard, and the upgrades are somehow in a weird order, making it even more annoying to find what you need. Apart from that, a great utility and a must-download for every designer.

Additional Comments:

Good job, and er.. nothing more to say. :p

Download Reccommendation: Yes
StimuChuras A true necessity for any Map Designer, the program delivers a simple yet powerful interface, which can easily enhance your AOE playing experience with near endless possibilities of AI formulas.
Thompsoncs Great download, but I need some help. I have the ROR expansion and I change the Deatmatch '' nation'' ai files in data2. Babylon and Macedon had troubles with recruiting barrack sword infantery. Choson and Greece went fine, but when I try to open carth, Egypt, Palmyra,Persia, carth wat, assyr wat, egypt wat, minoa wat, palmy wat and persia water I get an error. Says bad file format. I do want to mod this files too, what can I do. Maybe it is possible to change the data 1 file of these nations. Any help appreciated

[Edited on 09/04/09 @ 01:09 PM]

AvrilDamn
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
;drool
nonbo thank you so much

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username: