Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns » Troy - The Legend Lives

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Troy - The Legend Lives

Author File Description
Giorgos69
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 1
Difficulty: Hard
I cant win this but i hav tested it and it works. It is way to hard for me
i might release an easier edition if people actually cant win it. Also the battles at the Begining arnt significant there just to make it action packed <---- Unsuccefully.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
peter When you like truly massive battles with hundreds of units to start with, and you have a fst computer, this one is for you.
I'm not sure about how accurately the scenario follows the fall of Troy.
There's not much of a story.
Giorgos69
File Author
Does it lag on your computer? If it does i will get rid of the opening battles. for slower computers. i have a P4 2.8Ghz and it dont lag for me. i should hav condidered it sorry guys. Please write if it lags and please tell me how fast your pc is thnx
peter AMD 1.6. In normal games I don't run into problems, ever. You really overdid it number wise.
Giorgos69
File Author
yea your right i over did it but there is no other way to recreate the number of greek Soldiers. Dont forget, there are about 200 ships lol wich count for the population. It is pretty accurate. U start in the greek camp by the bay and you attack (and lose hundreads of people because of the archers. Stradegy is the key.I am getting rid of the start battles and all.

[Edited on 01/16/05 @ 08:40 AM]

LittleFreak
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance1.5
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.7
Story/Instructions3.7
My computer has 2600 Mhz I think. It lagged the first 20 seconds, then it worked fine.

Playability: 3

Normally huge battle scenarios are boring, all you do is watch them fight and kill each other. Well, this one involves some strategy to win. I could not beat it though, because before I can guard hellene out of their city she (or he?) is killed.

Balance: 1.5

It was impossible to me actually. I managed to get some kind of strategy, but still I couldn't beat the enemy. Needs to be toned down a bit.

Creativity: 3

Huge battles have never been really creative, but I like the idea of this scenario, aswell as how the city looks.

Map Design: 3.7

Map Design is OK. It's not great, but some stuff has been done and the city of the enemy looks great.

Story/Instructions: 3.7

Instructions were in ES-style, though there was no history section and no bitmap. I knew what to do though, and there were no spelling mistakes this time.

Additional Comments:

If you like huge battles and want to try out if you can beat this campaign then download. Otherwise not.

Strategy:

I've always wanted to write a strategy guide. :P

I did not beat the enemy with this strategy, but I came pretty far.

Those who want to try out if they can beat it can use this.

--------
Strategy
--------

At the start there's a huge battle with lots of units.

First go above. There's a battle between swordsmen of yours and enemy infantry. Your legions will win the battle. Once the enemy swordies are gone, group the remaining troops together and march down. Be careful that the archers inside the city don't injure your troops. To the south there's a huge wall with enemy bowmen behind, and a wall of your own. As soon as your infantry arrives at the wall delete some sections of it using the [Del]-key, then go inside and kill as many archers as possible. As soon as they're gone grab some of your centurions south of the red city and break through the wall. Make a big hole, so enough troops can get through without problems. Then march through and kill any remaining bowmen until you reach the area near the main gate. The main gate is also a wall of yours, and the enemy will soon destroy it, if he didn't already. To the right of the main gate area there are lots of composite bowmen, but they're walled in. Ignore them and kill the troops at the gate meanwhile. There are also two towers here. Kill the one to the west, but not the one to the right, as it would let out all those compies. There's another wall blocking your path. Destroy it, ignore any bowmen firing on you. As you break through lead your infantry up the path and kill any enemy units, but ignore the archers firing from behind the walls. Should you need more troops, at the southwest there's a small party of broad swordsmen hidden in the forest. Lead your army up the corridor to the wonder, then break through the wall again. Don't bother following any bowmen firing at you, but kill enemy infantries. Once you break through the wall you must be really fast. As soon as you discover Hellene (a villager) let him/her/it run down out of the city. He/She/It will most likely be killed, but should you manage to get "it" out safe, try to find a way to do the rest of the objectives and tell me.

I hope this helped.
GiorgosRox lol i didnt think anyone downloaded this anymore. i have actually been working on an Uptdate if this and have spent quite some time on it. It will be much the same but also very much eaisier. it will be called...Troy: Reloaded! might be realeasing it soon...maybe not ever
LittleFreak I'd like to see an updated version, though less harder.

Remember to make that objective to steal Hellene different.

It's a bit weird anyway, they wouldn't fire at Hellene if she got captured.
GiorgosRox i was thinking the same thing but my only other option is to make hellen into good old Archimedes. Unless is it possible to make a .per that makes the comp keep diplomacy to Neutral?
LittleFreak What about just having to bring a hero to "helen's palace" or something similiar?
GiorgosRox you mean not returning her to the camp?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance1.5