Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Miscellaneous Files
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Trial Version campaign - AoE

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Trial Version campaign - AoE

Author File Description
Phill Phree Campaign that came with trial version of AoE.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
LittleFreak
Rating
Rating: 4

What we have here is a nice little ES campaign about the Hittites. Even though being only a demo campaign, it's my favourite of all the campaigns ES made.

Playability: 4

The campaign features 5 scenarios. While the first three are learning scenarios, where you learn resource management, military and using priests, the other two are more difficult. Even though being not highly creative, the scenarios have something which makes them extremely fun to play, even though I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Balance: 4

The first three are pretty easy, but the fourth and especially fifth scenarios are a bit tricky. While it's not impossible to win, it's also not too easy either. Good work.

Creativity: 4

Like I said, this campaign has something to it which makes it very unique, even though I have no idea what it is. Even though the objectives are not all too original and the map is neither, I found playing very enjoyable.

Map Design: 2.5

The weak point of all the ES campaigns is map design. Ugly blocks of forest, dull grass or desert terrain and a few resources. That is what the maps consist of. It's not too bad, but a lot more was possible than this.

Story/Instructions: 4

I've always liked the ES instructions, they are well written, have good hints and a nice bitmap. The history section was good aswell. Apart from that, this campaign is the only AOE campaign with a defeat message. I also liked the way it was always explained why you are in the tool age even though you've researched the bronze age in the last scenario.

Additional Comments:

I know, it's foolish to rate an ES campaign, but I couldn't resist. :P

I loved this campaign, even though it has some weaknesses especially in Map Design it was worth it.

Download Reccommendation: Yes
HeroPatrick 111 Hey, I liked this one, too, LF, so don't feel alone. ;)

It's also the only one that hasn't got an annoying .avi attached to it (makes the game music sound wierd), and the only (official) one to have you as the Hittites. It's a one of a kind AoE campaign.
HomenPizza
Rating
Now I can finaly play the trial campaing on 1024x768.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:2,114
Favorites: [Who?]2
Size:556.75 KB