Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns » Earth's Restoration EP1: Kyloman Invasion

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Earth's Restoration EP1: Kyloman Invasion

Author File Description
Gurluas4000
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 6
Difficulty: Moderate
This is a Science Fiction series with four Episodes. It involves the invasion of an Alien Race along with the emergence of an ancient threat.

Kyloman Invasion takes place in the year 2173, where the Kyloman Empire, a race of evil advanced aliens came through an odd portal and built several advanced bases on Mars. Afterwards they invaded Earth en masse and took over most of the world in about two weeks.
The Human Resistance managed to claim one of the small Kyloman Earth bases in a surprise operation. The base held weapons, armor,technology and cultural information about the Kyloman. Finally they have the ability to retaliate against the invaders, but Kyloman dominance is not easily dispelled, and at the same time, a greater threat looms.

There are four factions, each has their own mysteries, goals, motives and units.

1.Human Resistance: The underground resistance who is desperately fighting the Kyloman, after a successful raid where they managed to take over a Kyloman base, they have staged a full scale attack against the Kyloman overlords.
2.Kyloman Empire: The evil Kyloman Empire. The Kyloman have enslaved countless of races across the galaxy. They are ruthless and their whole culture centers on enslaving others and exterminating those in need.
3.Rebels: TBA
4.Ukuyranha: An ancient Kyloman datafile from the base the Human Resistance claimed has this to say about them: "Whispers amongst the stars trail into weeping as the rulers of old return to destroy the usurpers and finish the ancient mission." Nothing more is known about them. Human scientists have trouble translating the word "Ukuyranha" whether it means something or is a name is not known.

The campaign has four episodes, each will be released as a separate campaign.

*Kyloman Invasion (EP1)
*Kyloman Dominance (EP2)
*The Ukuyranha (EP3)
*One last chance (Ep4)

Episode 1 will be revised and reposted soon as I have taken this project up once more.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Bismarck
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.5
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions1.5
Summary:
This campaign features six scenarios that are set in the future. The Kyloman, an alien race, has invaded Earth and you must now fight and throw the intruders out.

Playability: 2
Sadly, the playability suffers from massed, partly uncontrollable units. This campaign seems more like a test object for unlocked beta units.

Balance: 4
This gets a relatively high score because the missions were quite challenging. The head-through-the-wall tactics are not enough to win this campaign.

Creativity: 3.5
No maps, an unrealistic story combined with simple victory conditions. I'll give this a 3.5 because a lot of interesting beta/hidden units were used.

Map Design: 1
Very bad map design. No eye candy, no creativity shown in designing the map. I think that's all that needs to be said.

Story/Instructions: 1.5
At least a story was included. Nevertheless, a lot of mistakes and an unrealistic storyline won't get this a highschore.

Additional Comments:
A good idea, but not realised well. I'm really waiting for a good campaign with beta units. A shame really.
Gurluas4000
File Author
well i tried id never been a good person...i mean scenario designer......however theres nothing wrong with the story as far as i can see...and it has more eyecandy than the demo...

i will put more effort into it as the overlapping is unlocked and i got my review...

episode 2 will be better.
Rug_Might By today's standards, I don't think the randomly placed shallows and dead units really count as eye candy unless positioned in a certain and creative way.

As for the story, I had trouble understanding it. Many of your sentences were some what fragmented and almost always trailing off like this...

[Edited on 11/03/05 @ 03:52 PM]

Gurluas4000
File Author
i know...its the first time i have made a campaign...il probably remake this one when i have become a better map maker...
Rug_Might You can check http://aoe.heavengames.com/siege/MapDesign/MapDesignIndex.shtml out for some great tips to improve your map design.

For more advanced design, you can check out Andrea Rosa's site.

[Edited on 11/07/05 @ 06:01 PM]

Gurluas4000
File Author
Alright, it has been years since I last worked on this. I will now address the earlier criticism and make this a proper campaign.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.5