Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » RoR population limit changer

Download File Post Review Post Comment

RoR population limit changer

Author File Description
kazink I wrote this program because there was no simple way of changing the population limit in Rise of Rome. There was solutions like going multiplayer with computers only, but they had disadvantages (no saving, game worked slower). Pop limit set by this program behaviours like it was set in the normal AoE through the registry, with an exception that it will affect ALL players including computer ones. The limit can be set to any value between 1 and 255.
Since it is impossible in RoR to change the population limit in normal ways (eg. through the registry), this program does it by modifying the original executable file. The modification is safe, modified game was tested by me and everything was ok (didn't tested the multiplayer though). You can always return the setting to 50, thus making the file back the original one.

For Windows Vista users: This program needs to be run with Administrator privileges, otherwise it won't work! If you are logged in as a regular user, right click on the program icon, choose 'Run as...' and select the Administrator user.

This program does not work with UPatch, but UPatch has its own mods that can change the population limit. Look here for details:

http://upatch-hd.weebly.com/some-up-mods.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Richard Ames Wow, nice!

Is 255 the max value pop can go up to?
ricardo_p_cl I'm really impressed. Very good work. I say impressed because I must play on multiplayer mode to use the 200 population limit. With this program, it's too much easy to change the limit.

Nice job.
kazink
File Author
I'm glad you like it :)

>>>Is 255 the max value pop can go up to?

Yes, since the value is one byte long, its maximum is 255.
Rug_Might
Rating
Rating: 5
This is an excellent utility. With it, the pop limit can be easily increased or decreased. With needing only two clicks to change the limit, anyone can understand it. It will not work while the game is open.

Additional Comments:
Great for random maps. People do not need to use multiplayer anymore with this. This may even be useful with designing certain types of scenarios.
reckoning_mike
Rating
Does exactly what it says on the box. Very useful because my multiplayer games always crash.
NewbieO_O
Rating
Good job!
GiorgosRox
Rating
Truely great. Just what I needed! And you all need it too!
StalwartUK
Rating
Excellent tool that really works!

Additional Comments:
All we need now is an original AoE version, that is if such a tool doesn't exist.
kazink
File Author
StalwartUK, in original AoE you can change pop limit easily in the registry.
Alakazam
Rating

A great utility for Rise of Rome: Quick and easy to set up, and it works as it says it should. A must for any RoR player.

Additional Comments:

I do admire these people who can manipulate the game programming and are very kind in sharing these benefits with others.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:41,560
Favorites: [Who?]8