Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns » The Legend of Assyria

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Legend of Assyria

Author File Description
McCloudDash91
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 5
Difficulty: Mod-Hard
This is a fantasy/historical mixed story of the Assyrians' humble beginnings, all the way through each stage of it's civilization, up until the final battle between two long friends. The whole story really revolves around the final level, [the first four scenarios are just to explain the story of the final level.] because i really think my masterpiece is the fifth level. Seeing as how this is only my second submission, i would love some feedback to know what to keep/lose in my levels...seriously, i'll even take just a comment or something. Thanks, and happy killing.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
McCloudDash91
File Author
Some sad news people...

my computer recently overcame a new virus.
One that not even the most sophisticated anti-virus program[s] could detect.

sadly it wiped out my hard drive, completely eradicating 3 long weeks of hard work on a new mixed 4-level campaign, of which i had 3 leves completed to the utmost form of perfection....in my eyes, at least.

Alas, they could not be salvaged from the once-powerful but now-destroyed computer of mine, and i am now forced.....to start over.

I was hoping to have this level done sometime soon, but sadly, plans have changed. I should hopefully have my campaign done within 4 weeks....although maybe not....track season starts soon, and accordingly i will be quite busy, but i shall attempt to work my hardest.

thank you for your time in reading this, and be sure to check for this virus often, as it somehow slipped past the watchful eyes of four anti-virus programs, all quite faithful to me in the past.

And again, expect a new campaign soon. With several new tricks that are have not yet been discussed on any aoe site before [at least i havent found them.] They're small tricks, though. Unnoticable, really, but i know what they are.

Ah, well, happy playing this thankfully submitted campiagn.
IICDO
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.5
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.5
Playability: 3
An all around fun campaign! From the first scenario right up until the finishing aftermath. You may start off slow but as you progress it becomes more and more interesting. This campaign is full of neat little surprises.

Balance: 3.5
Excellent balance, keeps you guessing and on your toes. If at first you don’t succeed try, try again. Scenarios from puzzles to build and destroy. Some more challenging than others but still captivating.

Creativity: 4
This is where I take my hat off to the designer. I found this to be very creative and was happy and surprised to see the work that went into this campaign. I could go on forever but that would just give it all away. Try it for yourself and see.

Map Design: 5
My favourite part of the campaign and I was not disappointed. Very good bitmaps with detail and beautiful scenario maps. Again a lot of work has gone into this campaign and the designer gets full marks for this. The painstaking detail is what I liked to see with enough “eye candy” to satisfy anyone, well done.

Story/Instructions: 3.5
Excellent story although I’m sure it is fantasy based. The instructions were perfect for the scenario as they fit into the story itself. You find yourself asking the question “what would have happened if I did this or that?” Only to find yourself repeating the scenario to test it out. I liked this campaign as it kept my interest from start to finish.

Additional Comments:
A download for everybody. Bravo to our designer for giving us this gem.
Dark_Avenger I've didn't play your cpn but I have checked at the work you have done and it really makes my day.

It warm my heart to see great talent among the new Designers.

Have you ever thought to join the Tribulation Designing team??
McCloudDash91
File Author
heh..thanks

it makes my day to see someone so happy with my hard work, as i worked on this painstakingly for several weeks.

and yes, i am currently still trying to enter Tribulation Desings, i sent in my Legend of Assyria campaign to Chris Mattox, and he has contacted me, [edit] and im now a part of this great team.

and if you liked my work, then look at the small preview i submitted a little while ago of my new "Honor of a Samurai" campaign

I think you'll like it ^_^

Edited edit: It's here! The first level of my new campaign. Hope you enjoy it as well ^_^

[Edited on 08/28/06 @ 05:38 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.5