Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns » Honor of A Samurai - prelude

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Honor of A Samurai - prelude

Author File Description
McCloudDash91
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 1 [more to come]
Difficulty: Moderate
This is the first level of my newest campaign "Honor of a Samurai". It takes place in feudal Japan, where you are a Samurai who finds out that the Mongols have indeed begun their assault on Japan, and they have a base camp somewhere near your old town. You must do everything in your power to prevent the attack before it even starts, while picking up some strong reinforcements along the way. Hope you enjoy, expect the full campaign in a few weeks tops :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Dark_Avenger Seems you have a Fuzzy bitmap(and it don't seem to be the same as the one you've joined into the folder)
McCloudDash91
File Author
augh

that keeps happening to me, no matter what i try.

The reason that it's fuzzy is because i put in a little water [for the river, of course] using the paint brush on Paint, and it keeps getting messed up whenever i try to use it in the game itself.
Believe it or not, those two bitmaps are the same bitmap...

I have currently been looking into the problem for a few days now, and have come up with no solution....well, except for never using water in my bitmaps, which would be ridiculous.

anyways, sorry about that.
I thought it was just my computer, and it would be fine for other people, but i guess not...grr...

[Edited on 08/20/06 @ 01:03 PM]

WillNotAllow
(id: GeorgeROR)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.1
Creativity3.6
Map Design3.5
Story/Instructions4.1
Total - 3.85 I will anticipate a good campaign

Playability = 0.8

Starts out in black area, needs correction. It is captivating in the sense one must scour the countryside to seek help and find object. Also takes too long due to the location of the BLP, Recommend move him closer to the action.

Creativity and Map Design = 1.4

Creativity in the water paths, though they would look better if used for irrigation purposes. walking on water does not really serve a purpose unless you were trying to indicate that the bad guy have 'cold feet'. Clifs facing us had some coverage, but clifs facing away where bare. Some tradworkshops radomly scattered around paths is boring, use them don't abuse them. A little more thought into why something "happens' to exist at that point in time. Also for the dangerous lion, I though there would be some carnage around him. Also I suggest changing enemy name to Mongols to aid in easier comprehension of instrucitons. There were some very nice scenes, scout around and see (you probably need to anyway). Good editor use, can see creator made good effort. I will ignore the instructional map error for now since it was included serparatley.

Balance = 0.85

There is parts where you fight, destroy, parts you seek. and some 'figure this out' at the end.

Story = 0.8

Story is pretty good, promising personal involment in the rise of a hero. Too much in instructions? put mor in History? Read aloud your messages to check for errors.
IICDO As this is just a prelude of what is to be a complete campaign, I think putting down a few comments would have been sufficient. You have valid points and I think the designer will take them into account. I have played this and found it quite promising.

[quote=GeorgeROR]Read aloud your messages to check for errors.[/quote]

No disrespect but I suggest heeding ones own advice.

[Edited on 08/21/06 @ 09:37 AM]

WillNotAllow
Sorry IICDO, won't do it again. :-[ I didn't think it hurts to review, anyway it was a practice review for me, just to get a feel. Also, yes, I agree I should read those myself, now if I could just remind myself about that before jumping in and uploading any more 'campaigns'.
Hanz V_K Can't wait to see the whole cpn - take the time it need.

I'm proud to hear that you're among the TD members. :) *thumbs up*

See ya at the TD Forum!

[Edited on 08/21/06 @ 07:46 PM]

McCloudDash91
File Author
well i am only on the second level out of 4, so it might be awhile.

thanks, though

btw, to everyone out there, im kinda running short on ideas for my levels x_x
so if you really want to, i'll take any and all suggestions into consideration, suffice that they are about the storyline [see my preview level], and they're actual ideas, not just jokes.

thanks for the help, if you choose to do so ^_^
WillNotAllow
I have some extra scenarios, warrior related running around, basic, interesting, needing work. Would you be interested in them, I would have to be given mention in your campaign if you use them though.
McCloudDash91
File Author
Sure.

I'd be happy to cite you in the campaign, but only if i use the levels/basic ideas.

Just send me the levels, and if i like the ideas, i'll tell you and i'll mention you

thanks George, hope to see those levels soon ^_^
WillNotAllow
ok

[Edited on 10/01/06 @ 02:10 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account