Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns » The Lord of the Rings

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Lord of the Rings

Author File Description
Feonor
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 21
Difficulty: Mod-Hard
This is a 21 scenerio campaign based on the books by tolkein and on the films by Peter Jackson. All scenerios are possible to win without cheats, some are just REALLY HARD.

please leave feedback.

This includes all three parts of LOTR.

-Feonor
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
WillNotAllow
(id: GeorgeROR)
Purty good, you are a good learner Really can see where you are starting to think out placement and strategy, keep it up. Take some time to look around the site and see if you can come up with soem improvements. most defintely would try updating them somewhat. One main problem though is that with huge maps mean bigger responsiblity to make them interesting. ALso am I correct to assume that 1 campaign file has all the other three?
That being said I went through most of them, basically being interesting warrior/scout scenes. Keep up the good effort.
Feonor
File Author
i have an updated verision with more eye candy, better balance, and a few extra scenerios. it will be done in a day or 2.
WillNotAllow
good updated to 22 scenarios? and took off the redundant campaigns.
DID YOU CHECK TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANOTHER LOTR CPX OUT THAR? well not that it matters...

[Edited on 11/01/06 @ 08:40 PM]

Servant_of_Odin
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.9
Balance2.5
Creativity3.0
Map Design1.9
Story/Instructions3.5
Playability: 1.9
Horrible. Pretty much all but one scenario were impossible to beat. Needs to be fixed

Balance: 2.5
You expect me to get through a load of towers with two slingers?!?!?!?!?

Creativity: 3
Was pretty much the same as LOTR, but I couldn't give this a 2.

Map Design: 1.9
Every map was about 50% bare space that you could've filled with something.

Story/Instructions: 3.5
These were pretty clear, so no horrible rating.

Additional Comments:
This really needs fixing. I am deleting the scenarios until this happens. (There were a lot of spelling errors, too. Rohirrim has no "u".)
WillNotAllow
Servant of Odin thanks, but I hereby beseech thee to undertake a study of the textual pedagogy of the Review Guidlines. http://aoe.heavengames.com/downsnew/ratingdescription.shtml Refraining from too negative an approach next time and offer a more helpful side to balance your other comments. Considering this is a starting campaign it is on par with most others, and definetly a huge 20 + set. Even my first CPX submission was a 2.5 I believe, though I redid and remade it (to RoM) due to detailed help I recieved from my reviewers! So the score is not a problem. However, please do update your review so the the desiginer better grasps what was expected from you and also the downloaders understand better. It is a tough one CPX to review though, as so many scenarios to keep track off, maybe the designer could compress a couple into single ones?

[Edited on 11/22/06 @ 12:53 PM]

Nezon
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance1.9
Creativity2.5
Map Design3.9
Story/Instructions3.0
I must say, this game is really close to the actual story.
Here is my review:
Playability: 3 - Well, not so good here because, some of the scenarios are really hard to beat. Though they are very acurate to the storyline. It was fun at times such as helms deep and The "Something" Fields, But there was too much walking, but thats the way lotr is...
:(

Balance: 2 - At times it was easy, at times it was hard, at times it was impossible, so I used "homerun"

Creativity: 2.5 - Well I can see that you concentrate on the one place, and the other half of the map is left blank, I think you should place rivers or whatever on there makes it look less dull ;)

Map design: It was really close to the actual story, but some parts I got lost in. Im not the walking type =]

Story/Instructions: 3 - I liked how you put dialoge in, but it was lacking clear instructions.

OVERALL: I would say, this game was pretty chalenging, Helms Deep was the one that inspired me to make "The Fall of the Republic"

FEEDBACK: Remember to make the game a little more easier, and fill up those blank spots.
Hope you dont get offended, Good luck on your other maps ;)

www.freewebs.com/corruption_inc
Nezon
Lolbroek Did you make the campaign 'The hobbit'?
AOE_mapper_newb
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.3
Balance1.8
Creativity3.5
Map Design1.3
Story/Instructions3.5
Playability: 2.3
Not bad but one scenario where there were merry and that other hobbit (forgot name)was held prisoner in the orc camp I keep getting crushed, this happened 5 times is a row.

Balance: 1.8
the one where there was a orc camp and riders of rohan, the riders didn't attack quick enuf and it took me a long time to do it, the one with the battle at mordors gates the enemy's army mostly consited of clubs and normal bowmans, pretty unfair for the comp player i say.

Creativity: 3.5
The story was really accurate to the books, so this is one of the good things about it.

Map Design: 1.3
Sorry the thing is there are blank spaces everywhere in this campaign, try putting swamps, forest made out of gaia trees and decorate the cities, they look pretty bare.

when u recycled the first map and then turned it into scoring of the shire, it was pretty wierd mainley because u didn't delete player 4! (which is arigon in the first one)

Story/Instructions: 3.5
instructions are very clear.

Additional Comments:
Get the enchanced editor it is really good.
Feonor
File Author
sorry i havent been able to post the updated version. it will be published some time this week.
chr1s Additional Comments:close to the real thing

[Edited on 12/15/06 @ 12:38 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.4