Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Enhanced Editor 1.0 (RoR)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Enhanced Editor 1.0 (RoR)

Author File Description
Trisolo
(id: scenario_t_c)
ALL hidden units (except some really useless and confusing ones) are made available, and ALL units are now 0-size and can be placed on every terrain. Rock 6, Rock 19 and the building graphic bugs are all fixed as well.

-How to Use This Utility

1. Make a backup of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires\data2\empires.dat
2. Extract data\empires.dat within the zip file into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires\
3. Run Age of Empires
4. Go into the Scenario Editor
5. Change back to the original empires.dat after designing

For more information, please refer to the thread on the forum (http://aoe.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aoecgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,5423,0,all).
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Trisolo
File Author
Phill (or CenturionZ_1) was must faster than I expected (as I wanted it to be posted by Christmas Day). Anyway, I will see how many people discover this without posting on the forum. :p

[Edited on 12/17/06 @ 03:17 PM]

Chris Mattox
Rating
Rating: 5

A must have for every designer. Unlocks many possibilities for designing, the beta units, and lets you place object where you want to, with no restrictions. There is one pecuiliar bug, one with the forest brush, where when you save it, then reload it, the forest are all one tree. Strange. But nontheless this is the ultimate download. With this you can make bridges, arches, and realistic stone streets. As you are not limited to putting the stone streets in a straight line anymore. It is nice with the rocks, as you can make landslides and other misc. things. Make sure you download this as fast as you can!

Additional Comments:
Should you download?

Yes! If you don't want your campaigns/scenarios to look outdated.

[Edited on 12/18/06 @ 03:06 PM]

Dean McCullough Fantastic! This will be quite handy...
G1ggy
Rating
100% Rating. Seriously, everything Chris says is true. This is the best utility program....ever....I really don't have anything to say that's already been said...check out the thread that s_t_c_ links to in his first post to see more rave reviews about it....yeah....Merry Christmas!
CenturionZ_1
Rating

http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=1790

I was in a new state of happiness when the original modified *.dat file came out for AoE. This does everything that file did, now for RoR.

Need I say more?

The most important development and greatest improvement in the history of AoE since its release hits RoR.

I wish I could give this a 6.

[Edited on 12/19/06 @ 05:48 PM]

PhatFish
Staff
Rating

Thanks for updating it to the full version, t_c. This is a must for every RoR designer.

McCloudDash91
Rating

This is the single most important tool any designer of this modern day will ever use. With it, the designing possibilities are endless. We are no longer limited to the rules of AoE reality, and are free to let our minds create the most artistic of creations. And i can proudly say i use it every single time, even if i make just a simple adjustment.

Download reccomendation? YES.
Atomic Gangstuh how do you get this into the game?
Trisolo
File Author
Backup the empires.dat file in C:\program files\microsoft game\age of empires\data2 and replace it with the new one here. When you finished designing your scenario, change the dat back.
Dean McCullough
Rating
Perhaps it would be pointless to give this another five, but really, this changes just about everything... This makes the AOE map look just as good or even better than some recent games today... Namely AOM and AOE3. The map can be redone in an entirely new way, and many new object that we haven't seen before can be put down-rendering the templates useless. The fact that objects can be overlapped leads to more realistic terrain--better swamps, rivers, beachs, everything!

This, obviously, is the biggest contribution ever made to the AOE editor.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:2,256
Favorites: [Who?]0