Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Real World Maps
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Real World Maps » Scotland v2.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Scotland v2.0

Author File Description
Dean McCullough This is a blank template of Scotland and a fully detailed one.

As always, you may go ahead and use the files for your own purposes, just make sure you credit me for making the map.

I also deleted all the random junk on the blank one to give you a clean slate.

In v2.0
-Made some major corrections with the map's shape
-Revamped the detailed map

Enjoy.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
WillNotAllow
(id: GeorgeROR)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.5
Creativity4.2
Map Design4.3
Story/Instructions4.5
THIS IS A ROR SCX SET OF MAPS. CANNOT BE USED WITH AOE, JUST ROR. K looked first at the blank map, saw that the shoreline between present-day Edinburgh and Newcastle should be sticking out, not in. The Moray Firth also looks a wee bit wide. The Grampian Mtns area also seemed rounded when it actually is somewhat more like an arrowhead. On the filled map, basically random map looking, not much enhanced editor usage. Also maybe add more cliffs in, especially around Grampian area. A hint try is to use more cut cliff segment. Also I would have liked all land upped one level, since the shoreline is rather elevated itself. Other than that I would not mind using this map myself, it is a good starting point. Go ahead and download, will save ya some bloody time :D

EDITED REVIEW SCORE, to reflect some chnages, but come on it is a hard task to copy Scotland :p still a bit off...

[Edited on 05/07/07 @ 10:12 AM]

Dean McCullough
File Author
ty for review... Been waitin for one.

Btw, I didn't want to make the detailed map far too detailed, as it will restrict the flexibility of the template. I just wanted to put in elevation and trees in the correct spots to svae the player time.

But thanks a ton for the review... I'd figure I'd never get one! I'll update it soon enough as it is..

3.9? Oh boo. Not quite a 4 huh?
WillNotAllow
(id: GeorgeROR)
well ya see ya put some cliffs near glasgow spot :( I had a sort of system in place where by i entered digits into a fancy addingmachine whereby I came up with negate sumation. but I did add .2 point becuase I like the moors ovr there ;)
Dean McCullough
File Author
Alrighty I'll give it an update soon...
Dean McCullough
File Author
Mind you Scotland is a very hard map to make...

Honestly, I give special props to myself.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.5
Creativity4.2