Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Shang Wisdow

Author File Description
guillermo123321
File Details
Difficulty: Hard

The Shang wisdom (342b.c-339b.c) Was long ago when all the civilizations want to know of the sacred secrets of the Shang civilization. No empire managed to arrive until that town by the great defenses that to have but in the date 342b.c start I exercise Persian to control of Dario III. This profit to cross those defenses but I arrive with I exercise very small. Hopes also even tenian to manage to obtain the devices because they tenian I exercise hidden that have arrived through America Which was not expected was there that each device was hidden in small barren islands and small islands. Each one of the nine devices represents a part of the wisdom Shang 1 - Arts. 2 - Scripture. 3 - Conservation. 4 - Philosophy. 5 - Defense. 6 - Diplomacy 7 - Tranquillity 8 - Friendship 9 - Mathematics
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Pallintides
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.5
Balance2.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 1.5
You start with a fairly good navy and troops. You must then hop around some islands and gather some artifacts. Each island hold that are quickly some enemy that are quickly disposed of. You need to watch your navy as you are constantly attacked y enemy ships. Once you own the water its all gravy from here. While sailing around you locate more ships to aid you Took me about two hours from start to finish on hard

Balance: 2
I had to go ack once as I had killed all enemy troops and as I was slaying the last enemy hero I was defeated. I tried again and got the same result so I gathered all artifacts first and didn’t have to kill off one enemy hero as I was victorious. It says to kill them all and gather all artifacts so I found this faulty. If you lost your navy too fast you had to deploy troops very carefully as you are vastly outnumbered.

Creativity: 1
From my point of view it was not very creative. Just a bunch of islands tossed together with no added artwork. The was one island with a lot of trees that you could cut down but were useless as you could not advance beyond Stone age. I can’t say too much more on this.

Map Design: 1
The map itself was in my eyes very poorly done. Like I said a bunch of flat islands no trees rocks. As for buildings one did have a few towers while another had a wall. There was no thought put into this and I was disappointed.

Story/Instructions: 2
The history was a short paragraph that I skimmed through. There was no story and instructions were flat. Get the artifacts kill three enemy heroes. I peeked at the hints after playing and found them to be totally useless to anyone playing. The bitmap was there that’s it.

Additional Comments:
I do not wish to bring down this designers or any designers work but there seems to be an influx of campaigns and scenarios just tossed together and submitted just to have them up. I have played some good ones that I or anyone else for that matter have yet to review. With some good work and lots of practice you could get better. Take your time as it will yield a much better and deserved score. Keep at it and it will come. Pallintides
AOE_mapper_newb
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.5
Balance1.9
Creativity1.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions1.9
Playability: 1.5
You start with a fairly good navy and troops. You must then hop around some islands and gather some artifacts. Each island hold that are quickly some enemy that are so weak. You need to watch your navy as you are constantly attacked by enemy ships. Once you control the seas its just as easy as ABC.

Balance: 2
I had to go back once as I had killed all enemy troops and as I was slaying the last enemy hero I was defeated. If you lost your navy too fast you had to deploy troops very carefully as you are hugely outnumbered.

Creativity: 1
Just a bunch of islands thrown in, a huge plain forest. History is viturally nothing.
I didn't think this is creative.

Map Design: 1
The map itself was in my eyes very poorly done. It was eye-candyless, no elevations. Poorly done

Story/Instructions: 2
The instructions were not good, it was usually just telling you what to do, only a short bit for the history, The Yamato campaign is alot better, it even comes with a story.

Additional Comments:
Read the siege work shop, download good Campaigns by Andrea Rosa (DON'T STEAL THEM) and play them.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.5
Balance1.9
Creativity1.0