Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Enhanced Editor 2.0 (AoE/RoR)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Enhanced Editor 2.0 (AoE/RoR)

Author File Description
Trisolo
(id: scenario_t_c)
Features (new ones in brankets)::

- All Units Unhidden: Enables all units from all civilizations to be displayed on the unit menu in the map editor.
- Unit Disembodiment: Allows units to be placed on each other without any limitation.
- Terrain Derestriction: Disables the terrain restriction of all units.
- [Missile Control]: Enables movement or deletion of missile units in the map editor.
- [Corpse Control]: Enables movement or deletion of dead units in the map editor.
- [Steady Tree Stump Placement]: Disables the misplaced rotation of tree stump graphic.
- [Traitor Name Bug Fix]: Makes the name and help message of the unit Hero_Traitor_01 display properly.
- [Elephant King Graphic Bug Fix]: Makes the attacking graphic of Elephant King display properly.
- [RoR Horse Graphic Bug Fix]: Makes the moving graphic of Horse in RoR display properly.
- Clear Terrain: Disables terrain attachment units for Grass, Water, Beach and Desert terrains.
- Language.dll Stringtable Revision: Corrects some minor mistakes of language.dll stringtable such as capitalization and misnaming.

Included Files:

- empiresaoe.dat/empiresror.dat: Unhide All + New Features (no effect on normal gameplay)
- empiresaoe2.dat/empiresror2.dat: Unhide All + New Features + Unit Disembodiment + Terrain Derestriction (affects gameplay)
- empiresaoe3.dat/empiresror3.dat: Unhide All + New Features + Clear Terrain (no effect on normal gameplay, but affects random map objects)
- empiresaoe4.dat/empiresror4.dat: Unhide All + New Features + Clear Terrain + Unit Disembodiment + Terrain Derestriction (affects gameplay)
- language.dll: Revised language.dll. (no effect on normal gameplay)

To install the enhanced editor, please choose the dat file with the features you want and replace the original one inside Age of Empires\data or Age of Empires\data2 folder with it.

With the first (empiresaoe.dat/empiresror.dat) or third (empiresaoe3.dat/empiresror3.dat) file installed, you need not to restore original game database before testing your scenario or campaign.

Remember to backup the old file before or otherwise you would have to reinstall the game in order to restore the master database.

To install the revised language.dll, simply replace the original file in Age of Empires folder with it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
AOE_mapper_newb OH MY GOSH!!!

SCN_TC!!! YOU LEGEND!!!

Is this truely the Holy Grail?! O_O

[Edited on 07/09/07 @ 02:28 AM]

Fisk
(id: Fruktfisk)
Staff
i still find some things disturbing, when you are using the forest brushes you will get many trees on the same tile, and when Im going from the units sreen to the player screen I used to have a dead shorty if i held the cursor over the map, now, its a dead ballista! FIX IT!!!

...please
Trisolo
(id: scenario_t_c)
File Author
@Fruktfisk

The corpse bug is fixed now, with an addition of all AoE dead units showing proper names. However, you would need to install the revised language.dll in order to access these features.

If you don't want that terrain brush bug, simply don't use the dat with disembodiment effect (empiresaoe2/empiresror2.dat or empiresaoe4/empiresror4.dat), because it's the game system that decides to place all trees on one single tile when every tree is zero-sized. Using the other two (empiresaoe/empiresror.dat or empiresaoe3/empiresror3.dat) shouldn't have this bug.

[Edited on 07/09/07 @ 09:51 AM]

AOE_mapper_newb
Rating
Rating: 5
This amazing patch is the combination of the Enchanced editory and fixes some bugs as well.
Such as the Elephant King attack bug (which puts me off using it in Designing), The Horse motion in ROR.

Additional Comments:
DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!!!
Nikokol
Rating
Wow, that's a must download for every designer. You can now test your campaigns without replacing every time the dat file. This also fixes some small bugs in the game.

Additional Comments:
Well, without Scenario_t_c there was not going to be any major utility. I love the enhanced editor so much that I take it for granted.

Download: Yes!!!
PhatFish
Staff
Rating

Another superb update on the most anticipated files ever. The several bugfixes are most welcomed (Just seeing the RoR Horse in action made me almost cry) and being able to move and delete Missiles is just incredible.

This is the #1 must-have tool for every AoE designer, 100% worth the download!

Dean McCullough
Rating
Some people forgot another thing that this editor does: Gives you the ability to generate BLANK maps. Tell me thats not a ton of work saved for you deleting random junk. This editor is one of the most helpful utlities and a MUST HAVE for ANY designer. This brings the technology of a new game to 10 year-old game. Fantastic.

All 4 .dats help out nicely.
Charizard_92 Thanks!

One problem though, my units walk though cliffs and over water, everything good comes with a cost i guess :(

[Edited on 10/23/07 @ 08:18 AM]

WillNotAllow
(id: GeorgeROR)
Well try the first ones, they don't have that unrestriction ;) But then you can't overlap some stuff.
BlackSunEmperor @Charizard: Replace the enhanced file with the original empires file.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:4,318
Favorites: [Who?]4