Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Multi Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Multi Player Scenarios » Hill Country Coalitions

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Hill Country Coalitions

Author File Description
Gubbubu
File Details
No. of Players: 8
Difficulty: Easy-Mod
The "Hill Country Coalitions.zip" file contains an AoE RoR 8-player scenario named "Multiplayer GigaHill Country.scx".

The scenario based upon a nice and rich gigantic hill country map. There are three coalitions formed from player 1,2,3; player 4,5,6 and player 7,8. As this is a multiplayer scenario, you can choose your player number (and location), your color, your coalition, your civilisation type (greeks-babs-romans-etc.), your team mates, even the victory conditions at the starting point.

Default victory conditions: the standard ones (kill all enemies or collect all artifacts or control all ruins or build a wonder).

I haven't written a history and I don't think all scenarios must have a background story. If you create a great epic situation that is good, but great battles on interesting maps (without unsolvable and brainkilling enigmas) are often also just enough.

If you don't like this random map game, feel free to delete players from the map and use it or its parts for your own scenarios.

I think you don't need to know any more to play: challenge what I haven't told you.

Gubb.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Gubbubu
File Author
I've uploaded ver. 1.4 at Jan. 13. 2008. 23:35 (CEST). I deleted "full tech tree" pipe: it (or something else?) caused a fatal error in the AoE software and the scenario smashed for good, I had to restore it from the uploaded version. Most changes I done since have been lost. So I had to restart work. Results are joyful, the map is even more beautiful and player 4, player 7 and player 8 are not as silly as they were. In most tests they DO something (in earlier map versions, they were mostly killed by beast kings or fouled between rock cliffs), even they will attack other players (hopely, attack you as well). Of course you can choose "full tech tree" option on the scenario starting screen, but it is not the default. A'propos, you can build docks on the bank of some bigger fishing pools.

Ver. 1.5. uploaded at 01.14.2008. at about 23:00 (CEST). Minor changes: I tried to improve chosons' behaviour a bit much (results are not satisfiing enough yet), greeks have an artifact now so it is harder to reach an artifact controll victory (in the prev. map version it was enough to quickly explore the left half of the world). And I worked on the red-coloured player's map region (rather, on the Land of Nobody between red- and orange-coloured player), it is more picturesque now but further improving is probable. Plans: I must give more open area (grass prairie) to chosons because I think what makes them a bit shy is the lack of building space; and I want to make greeks (gray-coloured player) so prosperous and quite angry.

Ver 1.6. uploaded at 08/11/2008 9:37 CEST. Some little artistic changes on map and Chosons have more space to evolve now.

[Edited on 11/08/08 @ 03:41 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:442
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:218.68 KB