Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns » The Fate of Inraya Teaser

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Fate of Inraya Teaser

Author File Description
Ninetails
(id: TailSpray)
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 1
Difficulty: Hardest
The land of Inraya could soon become the land of darkness. An unprovoked attack, rebellion, and a mysterious, artifact. Four heroes may find themselves holding in their hands the Fate of Inraya.

My first upload. I hope everyone enjoys it. Please report any bugs immediately, I haven't been able to test it throughly as I'd like.

The full campaign is in progress, thanks to all of you who played and rated. You are why I am slaving away in front of the computer working on the full version. :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Ninetails
File Author
Even though these days language file replacement is pretty much the standard, for anyone who doesn't know I will explain how.

1. You should make a copy of the language and languagex files in your Age of Empires folder. Create a folder some where and place them in it.

2. Copy the language and languagex files that came with the campaign and place them in the Age of Empires folder. If asked if you want to replace the files click "Yes to All"

[Edited on 03/08/08 @ 01:57 PM]

Mapppp
(id: Jimmy2)
I only just started playing this, but I liked it a lot. The escape at the beginning was a lot of fun, and the river looked cool. When I have time, I might review it. Good job!
Ninetails
File Author
Thanks, the river was the main feature of a map I made a long time ago. I was going through my old scenarois and found it. After a few touch-ups it was almost finished!
Mapppp
Hey, I haven't had much time to play lately because of loads of work. I'll try to review this on the weekend. Just didn't want you to think I forgot about this.
Ninetails
File Author
Take your time. However long it takes you to find enough reason to give it a 5.0 :)

Then when I get this displayed on the home page I will be one step closer to conquering AoEH! Mwahaha!
Mapppp
As hard as it is to admit, I am only a mediocre player. I can't destroy the enemy camp right outside your city. How do you do it? Also, I can't get the transport on the river through the cliffs, which means my boat is stuck. Is this a bug, or am I just not looking hard enough for a solution?
Ninetails
File Author
To destroy the camp, the best way I found was to block up the hole in the wall with your hero and chariot (stand ground) and place your archers and priests behind. Convert cavalry units and bring them inside your base. Heal constantly. After a while (maybe too long, this might effect balance) the enemy will exhaust itself (it runs out of resources), then you can SQUASH them.

I'm not a great AoE player either. I've often had to rely on the melee blockade/archer support a lot. It's slow, but if you have a priest you can really convert a lot of units.

About the transport, I will have to check that out.

You found the fishing boat (I bet you expected a raft :P ) and found the light transport next to the brown base, and it doesn't fit down the river? I was sure it worked when I tried it.

I hope the boat is not a problem, I made an agreement with mom that if I kept off the AoE she would keep off the card games, the deal goes until easter. If there is actaully a problem I'll have to find a loophole in the deal to get on AoE and fix it.

If I do have to fix it, I will also include a walkthrough.

[Edited on 03/07/08 @ 06:14 PM]

Mapppp
Thanks, I should have thought of blocking the entrance! Although now that I know the enemy runs out of resources, it should be easier. The problem with the light transport is that there is a spot at the end of the river (near the BLP)that is blocked by a cliff jutting out. I'll try playing again to see if I can work around it.
Ninetails
File Author
Oh, that part of the river is supposed to be blocked. :)

After defeating the yellow base you have to go east and fight your way to a gaia marchant ship. Use it to explore. When, and if you find a Hvy Catapult, use it to blast the trees near the BLP. You can just walk the heroes through.

You don't have to blast all the trees, up to a certain point there is a hidden path. You only need to break through until the HCat can't reach any farther.
Ninetails
File Author
If the yellow base stops sending troops they might not be out of resources, just building up for an attack. If they still don't come, you might have to lure them with your hero or by using a priest. (They hate that)

I can't even remember how my own scn goes. Can you build a stone thrower? I think you don't own the siege workshop.

[Edited on 03/08/08 @ 01:59 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5