Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Age of Assassin

Author File Description
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 10
Difficulty: Mod-Hard
*Final Version

.:Age of Assassin:.

You are an assassin. You must follow up on your orders. You must survive at all costs.

To install, download, and copy and paste the Age of Assassin CPX file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires\campaign or the campaign folder of wherever you installed the game. A walkthrough is included in a zip. Once you beat the campaign, the password for the walkthrough will be given.

Controls: Mouse + Delete
The way you have to play this game is snipe the people you're supposed to. To snipe, hold down delete and select your own guys. That's right - your own guys. However there are some obstacles along the way, and puzzles that involve critical thinking. The instructions for each scenario are on the victory message of the one before it, so read carefully.

IMPORTANT: You must play this campaign on the easiest level!

I have done my best to eliminate all bugs possible. If you find any, please post them here.

*First Update
Fixed english mistakes
Fixed gameplay bugs

*Second Update (Final Version)
Fixed english mistakes
Fixed gameplay bugs
Cleared up confusing story and instructions
Added a walkthrough

*Third Update
Added a custom cursor

-Aom Expert
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
MrCheeze Pretty creative idea, and just fun enough to keep going to the end.

*WARNING: EXCESSIVE NEGATIVITY FOLLOWS*

Bugs? How about the second scenario being impossible, and same for the fifth unless you're supposed to kill red, the instructions aren't to clear.

And that one with the boats. I'm not sure I even understood what to do there, I thought you were supposed to delete the boats when the trees were gone but that didn't work, are you only supposed to delete one? (If the other guy winning when he gets enough wood is unintentional, you probably forgot to enable Allied Victory or something).

Also the last scenario is really anticlimatic, just go around the troopers.

Also, including instructions in the victory conditions? No offense, but that was a really terrible idea - making you have to quit and home run the previous scenario every time you want to check them? What were you thinking?
MrCheeze Hello? Didn't think I was negative enough to scare you off...
That AoM Guy
File Author
nono I'm just a very busy person. i appreciate all positive and "negative" comments :) And thankyou for being nice.

-Pretty creative idea, and just fun enough to keep going to the end.

-Bugs? How about the second scenario being impossible, and same for the fifth unless you're supposed to kill red, the instructions aren't to clear.

Ok. I can't recall if i updated it a 2nd time when i had to, but i noticed and fixed a problem in it before anyone even said anything. I'll update on here if i already havent. If i did already update on here, there should be a priest at the very top corner of the second scenario. If you don't see one, grab a villager and walk up there so he's in your line of sight. The reason why you wouldnt see it is because its a blind lame priest. So, just bring a unit up there to make him visible. If you already see him there, just delete him.

-And that one with the boats. I'm not sure I even understood what to do there, I thought you were supposed to delete the boats when the trees were gone but that didn't work, are you only supposed to delete one? (If the other guy winning when he gets enough wood is unintentional, you probably forgot to enable Allied Victory or something).

Not exactly. I have a little bug where only sometimes 1 of the villagers closes to the wood will chop it. I really wanted both of them to, but as long as ones looking away, thats all that matters...Basically, you have to delete the big ship as soon as the villager is out of its line of sight, so the villager doesnt see the boat sink. (You have to do it when he's bringing wood to the storage pit.)

-Also the last scenario is really anticlimatic, just go around the troopers.

Right. I'll try and fix that. I guess i surprisingly didn't notice that.

-Also, including instructions in the victory conditions? No offense, but that was a really terrible idea - making you have to quit and home run the previous scenario every time you want to check them? What were you thinking?

I was thinking that this was a challenging game. If it were real life, your boss would give you instructions. You would not be able to carry them around with you all the time. Get it? It makes it more realistic. Another reason why i did this is to make it more challenging for people. The point of the game is if you lose, you have to (well, i'm not going to make you restart the whole thing now, am i?) complete the scenario before it to make up for it.

Again, thankyou for your comments. Look foward to Age of Assasin 2!

[Edited on 03/16/12 @ 09:20 PM]

MrCheeze I find very often though (not just in this campaign) instructions don't make sense until you see the map.
That AoM Guy
File Author
Agreed.

[Edited on 03/16/12 @ 09:20 PM]

DustyDuke_II I like it. It's much different from what you usually get to see, very creative indeed. Also, it doesn't take very long.
But as Mr Cheeze pointed out the instructions could be more clear in some parts.
But still, it's a nice experience. Reminds me of "where's Waldo"

Keep it up!
That AoM Guy
File Author
Thanks!

[Edited on 03/16/12 @ 09:19 PM]

That AoM Guy
File Author
As I write this comment, I have just updated this campaign to its final version. Please redownload if you downloaded an earlier version.

[Edited on 03/16/12 @ 09:18 PM]

Eurotool Great, very cool.

Yeah, sometimes instructions were complicated. But the different types of game in different scenarios made the campaign very enjoyable.

Awesome work.
That AoM Guy
File Author
Thanks!

[Edited on 03/16/12 @ 09:18 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password: