Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

More Rome

Author File Description
wtrlntn
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 6
Difficulty: Hardest
Great battles and lots of fun, read more in instructions in the game. Its starts with 3 scenario's, Caesar being kidnapped from the Colloseum, being freed and taking revenge, the other 3 are Scipio taking on Carthago.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
wtrlntn
File Author
Hi all,

Being new here I realized a little late you guys want more info on the campaign. NB, I am not new to the game, only this website! Here are the scenario's, I made them for myself but like them enough to share them, and that's how I found you guys:

1 Colosseum. Sitting in his heavily garded box overviewing the games, Caesar did not expect the escape of Vercincetorix. The audience is locked inside the walls consisting of hundreds of villagers and some guards. Vercincetorix is supposed to fight with lions but has other plans and escapes by breaking through a weak part in the wall. He gets help, to kidnap Caesar by converting him and take him out of town by boat. Because of the games, Rome is extra vulnerable tonight... Help is more than sufficient, but you only have 1 priest so be careful and also you may not want to let all the villagers out so be careful breaking the walls. The game starts with Vercincetorix attacking a wonder, that was not really intended but is ok to get things going. There are also Ben Hur Chariot races going on. V may be hidden behind the Wonder so you dont see him at once maybe.
2 Caesar captured
Because a straight attack may hurt Caesar, Rome decides to secretly free him first. Asassins will take care of Vercincetorix and buy you some time. 2 priests for reconverting Caesar and 2 Villagers to help break the wall so Casear can escape via the secret route to his army and take out their camp.
3 Being pissed off about this whole embarrassing chapter which he forbids his history-writers to mention, Caesar takes a huge army to take revenge and destroy the Gauls and their Holy City. This time it's for real!!!
4 Battle of Baecula
Another great battle without villagers led by Scipio to regain control over Spain. Scyth Chariots and Centurions fight a huge varied army.
5 Carthago Nova
Yet another battle with villagers possible this time. Legion army with Improved Bowmen and Cataphracts
6 Carthago
Battle of Battles. With a huge and I mean huge army you are to conquer Carthago and destroy their Government Center. Killing Hannibal is just a bonus, so is taking all their treasures. First fight through 300 elephants and others though...

For this campaign I recommend a rather fast pc. I always play in hardest. You may find it is not too difficult to win these with your superior Centurions etc. But still it is quite some work and should keep you off the street for some hours.

I would love to hear your comments, thought I was the only left on the planet playing this game, hehe

Greetz
MrCheeze Uh, you're not supposed to describe everything down to the last detail. Synopsis only please.
Mapppp
(id: Jimmy2)
When I have time, I'll play and comment.
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
same here

You can take a look at this if you want; my latest submission:
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2169

[Edited on 01/30/09 @ 04:47 PM]

MrCheeze Do you have to advertise so blatantly?
wtrlntn
File Author
Guys, although this may not be the hottest shit in town, I still would love to hear some comments, tx...
MrCheeze Don't bother including the separate scenarios either. Also why do the file names have ^'s at the end? (Not sure whether or not they need to be renamed to play them)

Now to actually play this.
wtrlntn
File Author
Yes I know now only the CPX is enough, tx. Don't know anything about ^'s. Wasnt in the names before I sent them. Any comments on playability?
Armored_Elephant
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.9
Balance3.3
Creativity4.8
Map Design4.2
Story/Instructions4.1
Playability: 3.9
Playability was decent. Most of the levels were not too hard or too easy. I think the 1st and 4th levels seemed to shine. I think there was maybe a little too much levels where it was just an army pitted against an army, and some things may have been a little challenging, which I will talk about:

Balance: 3.3
Balance seemed to suffer because there were things that could be a little too difficult: for example, on one of the levels where you were pitted against a large army with your own large army, it was difficult to find all the enemy units to destroy. In addition the second level was too hard and a little unplayable, due to the fact that enemies could find the priests you needed, despite putting them in a corner, they would too often get caught and die.

Creativity: 4.8
Definitely a highlight of the campaign. The first level was very creatively designed. It was neat to see the large constructed colleseum that the designer had made, with a bunch of villagers in walls that looked like they were watching.

Map Design: 4.2
Map design did alright, and the first level did well. Some maps with army battles just seemed to be a random map though.

Story/Instructions: 4.1
The story was concise, which I enjoyed, and the objectives were easy to catch. I think it would be better though if you said from the start that the campaign was fiction.

Additional Comments:

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.9
Balance3.3