Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns » Expansion 3 - Carthage War [ Outdated Edition ]

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Expansion 3 - Carthage War [ Outdated Edition ]

Author File Description
Sampo
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 37
Difficulty: Hard
Update 2021: A true Garbage sorry guys. it was something i designed in 2009. nothing much of a campaign but a real fail lol.

Enjoy anyway if any of you liked it.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Helelix Well that would be a marathon and a half....
MrCheeze EULA = Victory Message?
HMFSFM
(id: Da KiLLeR)
37 scenarios??!!

Is this size a record in AoEH submitions?
zapdotep No, I think the record belongs to "Rise of Fiji", with 85 scenarios.

[Edited on 03/10/09 @ 02:11 AM]

HMFSFM
(id: Da KiLLeR)
Rise of Fiji? Gonna check it out.
MrCheeze Don't get your hopes up.
zapdotep
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.9
Balance2.7
Creativity3.1
Map Design2.6
Story/Instructions2.5
I've played all the scenarios up to "Legende Exterimontal" (some on increased speed and pop limit) and home runned though the rest. This review is based on what I've seen so far, and from looking at the other maps using reveal map and no fog, I'm pretty sure the rest of the campaign is about the same.

Playability: 2.9
Mostly poor, with a few exceptions. It is apparent that most of the 37 scenarios haven't been tested much if at all. Irritatingly, CP allies sometimes turn on you a few minutes into the game for no reason. This wouldn't be too bad except the wonder you're supposed to defend is surrounded by allied "defenders" and it is obviously impossible to complete the objectives before they destroy it. But some of it was pretty fun. (more on that below)

Balance: 2.7
Scenarios are way too easy. (with a notable exception) In most of the scenarios, you get 9999999 of each resource and/or a huge army. A few enemy units you have to avoid killing to spice it up. It's usually just a matter of time before you win. I could play some of them with the speed increased to double very fast using the AoE Speed Editor. (saved a lot of time)

But there is one scenario that stands out from the rest: Legende Exterimontal. Nearly impossible, this Death Match style scenario provides a fearsome challenge for the hardcore Age of Empires player. In this scenario you're stuck in Bronze while several Post-Iron enemy CPs attack you continuously with swarms of heavy catapults and other powerful units. This scenario is sure to provide hours of nonstop action for the experienced player.
I think the action in Legende Exterimontal brings up the score a little. But the rest of the scenarios keep it from going up much.

Creativity: 3.1
The author tried a variety of random situations. Has potential.

Map Design: 2.6
Random maps, splooged units, giant blocks of forests, mines, berries, etc. Some maps have complex and interesting shape, but the majority is bland and unappealing.

Story/Instructions: 2.5
No story, spelling and grammar problems. Not taking any points off for spelling and grammar because English isn't the author's native language. Instructions consist solely of victory and loss conditions. Some are lifted from ES scenarios. Most of the bitmaps are lifted from ES scenarios and don't make sense. There are a few simple bitmaps the author made himself. The game EULA and other unrelated bits of text make up History and Hints.

Additional Comments:

Download recommendation:
If you have days of time and are looking for a challenge.
You might also want the RoR population limit changer by Kazink for the scenarios with the huge amounts of units.

Sampo has potential to make some good stuff. If only he would focus on quality instead of quantity, who knows what awesome stuff his creative abilities can produce.

To Sampo: I would suggest removing all but the best scenarios, (absolutely keep Derfery Samotany and Legende Exterimontal - they're pretty good) improve the map design, and test, test, test. Take a look around this website; there is a wealth of information and tools here to help you improve as a scenario designer. Don't fill your campaign with random unrelated stuff. (like the EULA)

Also it would be nice if you can upload "Legende Exterimontal" in a separate campaign with only that scenario. You deserve excellent scores on playability, balance, and creativity for it. It's a shame the many other scenarios are bringing the score down.

[Edited on 03/29/09 @ 09:53 PM]

Thompsoncs Sounds a bit like the very first version of my roma campaign.
Sampo
File Author
News Will Be Soon , Expention IV with Surface Repair and a lot of changement ...
Sampo
File Author
To zapdotep Thanks For All Advise i Was a kid now i know what am i Doing i make a lot of changement on the New Expention , for the Old one i will organize a good time for it ( desing and other .....) (: !! thx
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.9
Balance2.7