Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Miscellaneous Files
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Beat This! (Legende Exterimontal)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Beat This! (Legende Exterimontal)

Author File Description
zapdotep This is from that 37 scenario monster, "Carthage War." Usually you can't expect much from a campaign when the author goes for quantity instead of working on quality. However, I think this scenario, "Legende Exterimontal", is a hidden gem. It is full of hair raising, nonstop action. It has taken many restarts and hours of my time, and I would rather be doing other things like developing Composite Editor. Therefore I'm uploading the saved game in hopes someone will finish it.

Included are two saved games at different times. 1.gmx is the earlier time and 10.gmx is the later time.

Summary:
You start off in the Bronze Age facing three Post-Iron enemies. You can't advance to Iron. You and your allies get 99999 (whatever is the max you can type in the editor - I don't remember exactly how much each player gets, but everyone gets a lot) of each resource. The enemies get 90000. (or was it 80000? digits also maxed out) You are separated by water and some shallows. Orange attacks early with triremes and keeps on attacking. Brown soon follows with wave after wave of heavy cats. (I had to play it slowed to Normal speed.) Most of your base is on the bottom left, while you get one town center on the island in the middle. Additional resources are available on an unoccupied island to the bottom right. You have some weak allies who are also stuck in Bronze. The allies are up and left of your base and also some on the island. Brown is attacking that island. Holding on to that island is strategically important. The enemy has lots of ballista towers.

My strategy was to push the population limit and try to outnumber the enemies by building lots of buildings and keeping the queues filled. The heavy cats are countered by running kamikaze cavalry into them and letting them smash each other trying to hit the cavs. There is no good counter for the ballista towers; stone throwers can destroy them but take heavy losses.
At least the enemy armored eles are easy to convert. But the hcats smash them as soon as they're converted.
At this point, forests are all gone and almost running out of wood. The orange triremes and hcats bulldozed through my swarms of war galleys. Now I'm countering the triremes by building lots of sentry towers and luring them in by dancing a chariot archer.

The victory conditions are "capture object" so you can't kill certain units. Those units you have to convert are walled in behind layers of fortifications and ballista towers. If you kill any one of them you will lose.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Sampo is that savegame still alive? Omg... haha

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:199
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:1.37 MB