Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Art of War

Author File Description
Melchior31
File Details
Difficulty: Hard
This scenario allows any population limit ( 50 population up to 255 population)

To give high difficulty I recommend putting 255 population limit , your enemy will put 450 legions against you :)

You have 100 thousand food gold and wood , no stone

You can only build forum , barracks , houses.

Build Build and train faster your legions , because your
enemy is very good.

All players have the same conditions , and start with 3 villagers and 1 forum
in a medium blank size map.

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
HMFSFM
(id: Da KiLLeR)
What's forum? The Town Center?
Melchior31
File Author
Yes forum is the town center.
Kelcin
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 2
Build barracks, build houses, then build legions.
Then fight. That's all.

Balance: 2
You start with exactly the same stuff.

Creativity: 2
It's a OK idea.

Map Design: 1
About nothing. There is a small patch of trees beside the enemy, but that is it.

Story/Instructions: 1
There is none.

Additional Comments:
This could be a really fun scenario, just add a story, add some map design, it doesn't have to be really nice, just add some variety. You could also add more then 2 players, perhaps you could be protecting your allies city.
I could help with ideas.
Melchior31
File Author
I respect your rating ,and agree with you.

However my intention was not making a scenario like in a campaign , but more making a head to head against the computer , and the way he plays turn the scenario interesting , and a good training for DM with choson.

Have you tried at 255 pop ? it is very intense battles.Anyone has won at 255 pop?
I can increase his strenght if necessary in a future update.
Kelcin OK :).
It is a very hard scenario. I tried it with just the normal population limit, and it was hard as can be.
With that in mind, it was a pretty good scenario. I never knew you could get the computer to create so many legions like that.

I give up on trying to be not super nice when I review, I'm no good at being negative.
MrCheeze Go back to being nice again. D:
Gumble I fully agree with Kelcin's comments. As it is, there is nothing particulary 'artful' about it. An cp with an uber legion/towncenter spam problem. there isn't a lot of strategey involved just see who can pee out troops the quickest. If you don't know how to box in your enemey then your pretty much screwed untill you can wear down your oppenents resources which would take more time than sanity would allow.

I went into the game thinking I only had 1000 of wood,food, and gold against 255 legions. I was full of ideas of how to spend that amount to beat them. I was dissapointed.

However as a PER/AI file it is supier. 'The art of War' written by a millitary genius and the AI defintly incorperates that idea except all you get is legions and villies. Within that extremly limited scope absolute genious. As long as they have resources and on a gigantic map I would imagine that this would be an eternal battle. You just couldnt beat them. Map design I don't think was the point of this scernio but even a bit of water here, a patch of trees there it would totally change the way this map is played.

This has MASSIVE potential as a cruel sadistic AI/PER map and be very successful. As it is currently well...

Legion Spam
Kingor The most important think in this scenario is the AI.
It is proved that AI can be very challenging, about the design anyone can use his imagination.

It is the reason why scenario design in aoe and ror are crucial in game because it delivers a lot of possibilities of type of gaming.
Basse Very nice scenario but I think the computer opponent was too easy. Maybe cuz i choosed rome instead of Choson? Anyway game crashed when I was half through their camp with around 200 legions, sure the computer were very aggresive but as defenders they sucked

[Edited on 07/12/09 @ 01:02 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0