Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Age of Empires: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Age of Empires: Single Player Scenarios » The Shadowing of The Eden Conspiracy

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Shadowing of The Eden Conspiracy

Author File Description
Axoren
File Details
Difficulty: Moderate
Moderate because the timing is a pain, but not Moderate-Hard because I give you a method of unscrewing yourself up. I was too nice with this one, and the History is meant to be blank because in the Campaign, the plot is discovered bit by bit.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Ninetails
(id: TailSpray)
So this is a teaser scenario then?
Axoren
File Author
Yeah. There wasn't really a teaser section.
Ninetails
(id: TailSpray)
That's fine, you weren't entirely clear on that, that's all.

Hey, wow, I used "That" three times in one sentance.

[Edited on 05/10/09 @ 08:28 PM]

Axoren
File Author
I can't believe that you used "that" three times in that sentence, nor can I believe that I used "that" 5 times in this one.

Top that. :D

[Edited on 05/12/09 @ 12:33 AM]

Gumble ---Spoiler warning level secrets revealed---

I can't really review this because its not really finished. because its a scernio I was able to find out why the scernio is impossible to finish. Allied victory has been selected for player 1 and 4 wich I assume is beacuse both need to succed for the scnerio to work but it doesnt. I completed the objectives (A big grin on my face after reading the fantastic hint section) only to find the level continued. I was confused as to what to do with Alexander and the traitor at the bottom. Was I meant to 'kill' the traitor and bounce him away from the artifact? No he's walled off and I am allied to the traitor (now player 4).

Also I 'discovered' some scouts and they got away unharmed, I think you need to swap them for something weaker or the level might be really easy to finish.

You might also want to consider moving all those preists back a wee bit as the first two buildings on the hit list are quite close to them and if the lion isn't converted by the time he gets near them the scouts will be discovered.

Generic AoE computer names need to be changed to what the scnerios asks for.

Chuck in a boat. For the story to be beliveable,
"They are planning on moving the information to Northern lands via boat", you need to accuratly paint said scene. Just the artifact and some guards arnt enough. Think an ambush near a warf, as the guards try desperatly to elude capture and get the artifact away makes for a dramatic scernio. Also it is a bit strange to have the artifact so lightly guarded and yet all their random buildings guarded to the teeth...

Story has spelling errors. Not major ones that would deduct your score but 'the' instead of 'they' is a bit obvious. I'm a complete hypocrite I know... Also I know you said the story is revealed bit-by-bit in each scernio, if this is the first scernio of the campaign then it defintally needs work
Why are the secrets being moved?
Why are the secrets so important?
Why does Babylon want to destroy Eden?
Who is Alexander and why does he want the secrets?
Why do lion tmaers just happen to be on this island?
Why was Gumble mentioned???

Design is basic, and I was dissapointed after reading the instructions not to see some Grand ancient libary that archives the secrets that reveal the location of the place where Humanity first began. That would really give your scernio character. Sending in lions to explore a catacomb-like libary would add both atmosphere and interest to the level. Prehaps the secrets arnt being moved at all? prehaps alexander is making a daring raid upon the libary while simutaneously destroying the major strategec points of the island aswell? Prehaps their is more than one dock that needs to be destroyed? Have an artifact timer, it will had urgency to the raid. Maby the lions need to clear the path for alexander to attack the artifact caravan?

The Building's took too long to destroy but thats because lion's attack sucks and there was nothing else to do in the meantime but wait only to find out the level doesnt finish anyway.
You need more objectives as well as challenges. (unless your entire campaign is puzzle-style.)

The level certainly has promise and when its properly finished I will give a proper review.

I am beggining to think my trick is something...

Evil...

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:340
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:7.01 KB