Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Miscellaneous Files
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Thanks for hitting me.

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Thanks for hitting me.

Author File Description
Axoren Your Axemen will kill a unit belonging to Player 3 initiating an alliance between the two of you.

Note the Bottom Corner + Top Corner
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Axoren
File Author
No one has anything to say about this? You guys sounded interested in it for a bit, then it just turned into nothingness and silence.

If anyone can make a scenario using this trick, I'd like to check it out.
Ninetails
(id: TailSpray)
Don't worry, I'm testing it out now. If it works for me I'll use it in my scenario that I'll release in the next few weeks.
Axoren
File Author
Be sure to hook me up with some credit for that :D

Just kidding, I found the trick but the way you use it is your own, be sure to tell me of your successes.
Ninetails
(id: TailSpray)
Okay, I've got to say that this works perfectly, and I've got one heck of a great use for it in my puzzle scenario that I'll try to get out around the end of the month. Thanks a lot for this!

Edit:
I'm not sure if you stated this somewhere, but the diplomacy change always seems to occur on the third hit, and doesn't work so well with archers.

[Edited on 06/21/09 @ 06:02 PM]

Axoren
File Author
It's due to the default personality. Diplo-changes happen after 3 hits as default. However, with a less/more lenient personality, the trick still works. I have tested it as such.

The reason I think this works, is it uses a method that sets all diplomacy at the same time, rather than changing it on one player at a time, to save time. So what happens is, you get a call that sets Player 2's diplomacy all at once (Player 1 and Player 2 respectively): Enemy, Ally. However, you initiate a subsequent call that doesn't treat you as your current Diplomacy, so it calls with the following arguments : N/A, Enemy. The N/A produces an error which is caught and defaulted to Ally. However, this leads to all subsequent "Hit calls", as I'm calling them, acting normally. So the first 3 hits on a default personality will ally you, but and future subsequent hits will initiate a normal hit call that will make you an enemy again.

So you could make a scenario in which you have 3 or more targets, all of the same player. You kill the dictator, they love you. You gain knowledge of a beloved leader to the east, but he is a threat to the world (some how, just go with it). So when you kill him, you become enemies. You move farther east to find out that your village is being destroyed by towers and siege weapons. So you have to kill the one in charge of the assault before your city dies to win the scenario.

[Edited on 06/22/09 @ 03:31 PM]

That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
You need more info. I'm not downloading this until i know what it is.
Axoren
File Author
I updated it for those that didn't check out the forum...

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:91
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:1.54 KB
Added:06/18/09