Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Print Screen RegFix

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Print Screen RegFix

Author File Description
PhatFish Print Screen Registry Fix
---------------------------------
If you would like to take screenshots in-game using the Prnt Scr (Print Screen) Key instead of using CTRL+F12, use this registry fix for displaying the correct palettes/colors. Normally you would get "black" screenshots when trying to paste/save from the clipboard - this tiny file solves that problem.

Zip contains the following files:

- prntscr.reg
- ReadMe.txt

Installation:
Double click the "prntscr.reg" file. A message will pop-up asking if you want to include the file to the System Register. Click "Yes" to continue, the file will be added to the Register/Registry. You are now able to take screenshots using the Prnt Scr key.

Thanks to Litude for sharing this with me in the first place.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Axoren I love you, man. This used to be an insane problem that always screwed my up.
Helelix EPIC! I will most certainly be using this. Something else I would like would be the ability to take a screenshot of the entire map as it is just like in AoK. But then again it might not be possible. Perhaps someone could look into it? (I'm not asking for much :p)
Axoren You could always take numerous screenies and blend them.
zapdotep Would this allow more available (as in free and not dependent on directx) screen recording programs to work properly with AoE?
I think/hope/speculate that it is likely to work because they would always record that same black stuff that you get when using the prtsc key.
Axoren Considering many screen capture programs use Print Screen (rather than just grabbing the draw() function of a GUI application), it should find most of those problems.
Sampo work thx!
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Lol, i thought it was my 0 mb graphic device that did not allow me to take screenshots with print screen :P

Now i know its not :)
Andersannipal I'm sorry to say I didn't get it to work. However, what I really want is , like Helelix, the kind of utility that lets me take screenshots of the entire map, as what's possible in AOK: TC.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:594
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:821.00 Bytes
Added:11/02/09