Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » RORPopLimit

Download File Post Review Post Comment

RORPopLimit

Author File Description
phosphurx this is a little utility to get over the 200 / 255 population limit in rise of rome

it all should be pretty self explanatory but i will explain it anyway.

this currently has two settings be sure to to select the correct one... other wise you may ghost(kill) your exe.

Rise Of Rome (aoe) 1.0
Rise Of Rome (aoe) 1.0c (patched from Patches Section on aoe.heavengames.com)

first check that the configure settings are pointing at the correct place option 1)
and that the correct version is selected

if you do change the path to the game exe.
remember the backslash at the end.

then run the 'initial crack' on the exe
i set it by default to 511( no real reason for this number) this is option 2)

then whenever you want to change the population run the app and just select 3) Change Population and specify number between 25 and 32767.

*** Note that you may no longer be able to select a population in multi-player mode ***

Make sure that when playing Multi-Player matches both exe's are patched in the same way.

*** BIGGER NOTE *** i am not responsible for any damages (file corruption).

please, please backup your empiresx.exe first.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Basse There is already a ultility for that. And this one sounds a bit harder

http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=1799

[Edited on 04/13/10 @ 12:30 PM]

phosphurx
File Author
difference is this one takes the population to 32767.

i can spend some time on the patcher if need be and make it more... click and play
Basse Whoa!?! That is alot of population, do you still need houses for all pops? Because in aoeII there are mods/utilities that adds more population but for those you only need houses to 200 I think
phosphurx
File Author
yep you still need houses , i found that one you get to around 500 pop (which is about where i max out), you end up having to assign postal codes to your houses because there are so many, perhaps there should be a mod to make houses contain twice as much.

Basse That could be easily made with aoed/rord. However, I don't have time for that!
conborua hey, i have a question:when i access to forum site, it say access is dinied, why?
Basse Forum like in Towncenter or the aoeheavens forum?

Weird either ways
nottud Fantastic tool - that solves the stupid population limit problem even better thanks! :)
nottud
Rating
Rating: 5
This was very easy to use and worked jsut as it ought to. It is really good that you have also done it for multiplayer games too and it even work with game ranger. Only thing I would say is that although my ROR is patch it is not the thing with the 1.0c. Is that referring to non expansion?

Additional Comments:
Great tool and does the job. :)
phosphurx
File Author
Thank you for the great rating,

as far as the patch's go, i just installed the patch 1.0c from the Patches section here on aoe.heaven and made the crack/patch work on that, but i only modify the empiresx.exe.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:3,634
Favorites: [Who?]2