Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Parthian Commander

Author File Description
ABallIsDropped
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 1
Difficulty: Hard
In this scenario you take the role of a commander in the Parthian army. Your task is to raid deep into enemy lines. In order to achieve victory you will have to employ heavy cavalry charges and Parthian hit and run tactics.
This is my first campaign and i want to see how it turns out, please review. I may incorporate this into a larger series about the Parthian Empire.

Happy New Year!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Sampo happy new years you, too , not bad at all, it's was very quick for me , just need some fast attack , Continue !
Samwise87
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance4.0
Creativity4.5
Map Design4.9
Story/Instructions4.5
Playability: 4.7
The level is very playable. Nothing seems to upset the gameplay as you move your horse archers along the map. It is certainly fun.

Balance: 4
The balance was alright. Unfortunately one thing that made the level a little difficult was when the players Blind Lame Priests were killed before the player got to them, so there was a minor flaw there.

Creativity: 4.5
Definetely a creative level. The player has to go back and forth through the map, in order to find the needed catapults, to finish it

Map Design: 4.9
Very good job on the map design. Nothing looked out of place, and every part of the map had its own placement of units occupying it.

Story/Instructions: 4.5
Thanks for the brief instructions. Although they maybe could have been a little longer.

Additional Comments:
rakovsky
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.5
Balance1.5
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 1.5
This scenario seems much too hard, although I beat it on Easiest. I got defeated on Moderate and Easy while exploring, looking for storage pits and treasure carts; I took major hits while trying to get to my southwest cavalry, who are too weak to attack the 2 southwest Roman guards by the wall alone. I get that micromanagement and Parthian hit and run tactics can help alot, but I think that this mission is much too hard, because there are too many enemies in light of the fact that you can't build more.

The only way that I could win was to play it on Easiest and not attack any red soldiers unless they blocked my path, and also to only use archers to attack the brown, orange and yellow towers because the archers are out of the towers' range.

Balance: 1.5
Your troops are intensely outmatched, but at least you can win on Easiest because the red soldiers don't attack you. Once you get your catapult and your priest near the chest, things get alot better.

Creativity: 5
I like the idea of using special tactics to beat missions.

Map Design: 5
Very nice decorations. As an earlier reviewer said, all parts of the map were used.

Story/Instructions: 3
The instructions should be good enough to explain to a normal player how to beat it decently enough. But it was so hard I couldn't get it until I came back to the scenario after improving my skills and learning tricks on other scenarios. The instructions are not clear and specific enough as to the third objective, although I was still able to win and De Facto fulfill the 3rd goal. The problem was that:
(i)I destroyed all Roman storage pits, and
(ii) I brought the artifact back to the flagged area at the beginning of the map. But the mission did not end at that point.
(iii) There is a third line saying "-Some objectives that involve storming Roman fortified positions may be completed at a later time". When I first read the instructions, I just took that to be advice that I didn't have to destroy all the storage pits right away. But the game only ended when I destroyed all the enemy units and buildings. So destroying all enemy units is the third objective.

Additional Comments:
Let me give you my WALKTHROUGH for Easiest:
You start with 16 horsemen in the far northeast. It's important to protect them because you can't make more. Your archer cavalry are very good and it's better to use them than the sword cavalry when you can, because archer groups can kill enemies before the enemies inflict any damage on them.
1. I sent my cavalry all the way south to the orange base without attacking any red forces unless they were blocking, so red forces generally did not attack me. In the orange base I took out their TC and villagers and then moved west and split my forces - part went north to protect my 3 priests and the rest freed the cavalry behind the wall. I saved at each stop and reloaded if I lost cavalry.
2. I healed my guys at the priests and then used the archers to kill the lions and elephants. I think it's a good idea at this point to set Red to ally so that you don't accidentally set off the red towers in the northwest. I used my horse archers to take out the brown towers in the north because they are just out of reach of those towers. Due to my saving and reloading, I still had 16 cavalry. Then I went southward to only attack red soldiers directly blocking my path.
3. Next I got to my catapults and mobile priest, which wasn't too hard because again, the enemies didn't attack unless attacked first. At this point, things were straightforward.

[Edited on 06/27/19 @ 11:43 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.1
Balance2.8