Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Pattern Maker (pre-release)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Pattern Maker (pre-release)

Author File Description
Crossbowman This is a pre-release. It probably has bugs. See help.html
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ephestion I liked this utility for the simple reason of converting BMP files to Scenarios.

Unfortunately I have spent the last few hours trying to get it to work and it keeps failing to make a proper conversion of the BMP file. The program seems to work and everything is done glitch free. But I just can't seem to make it work for me.

If I use a 250x250 blank scenario as a template do I need to have a 250x250 BMP also? Or do I use a 72x72pixel image like the one in your help file. Also I am running the app from the root C:\Pattern Maker\... is this an ok place to run it?

Any help would be appreciated before I rate the program.
Crossbowman
File Author
Hey Ephestion.

I got your files and tested them. I found two mistakes.

-The first you already found out: your map is 200x200 tiles, so the bmp has to be 200x200 pixels.
-The second is that you declared the colour 0 0 255 in the pattern file, but used a different shade of blue in the bitmap. The program does recognise this is and writes "Some colours were not defined" on the console. Make sure you check for that.

I fixed the map size and colour and it worked nicely. Two warnings though:

-This was implemented and tested for RoR. I don't garantee it will work for AoE. (I think bmp to terrain will work, but not bmp to units).
-Shores are generated very weirdly. Don't get scare, just paste some grass near them and the scenario editor will fix it.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
ephestion SO it has been a while, have you made any updates?
PhatFish
Staff
I can never get this to work. I have set all the right admin privileges yet I keep getting a "Error creating file" message when the scx packs. Anyone care to help me out?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:218
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:164.73 KB
Added:07/30/11